Yellow | First UPS, Now Kroger

I will play devil's advocate regarding a mandate to purchase a product.

I agree that it is unconstitutional to require people to buy health insurance.

Least you admitted it's unconstitutional. That's all that matters to me. I care more about my freedoms and constitutional rights than me insurance premiums.

There you go again, taking things out of context and applying spin.

And with such reckless abandon.

That's your take.

Of reality.

Let me list some examples of libs promoting less freedom policies and ideas.

1. Some don't pay thier medical bills, the rest of should be forced to obtain health insurance.

2. Some nut shoots up a school, the rest of should be subjected to gun control. Like being limited to what kind of guns we should be allowed to own.

3. Some make too much money, they should be taxed more.

4. Some don't make enough, the government should force employers to pay more.

Forcing people to buy health insurance is no difference than forcing people to buy automobile insurance. What is the difference when a person takes a mortgage out, the mortgage forces that person to buy insurance on the property. If an uninsured house burns up, do taxpayers pay for it? I think not, but that is exactly what happens when an uninsured person goes for medical treatment.

And as far as what UPS or Kroger is doing, I certainly agree. UPS deal only affects the non-union employees that have working spouses. I know truck drivers that have spouses working for the state and the drivers are riding the spouse's insurance plan because it is much better than the trucking company provides. Who is this costing?? The taxpayers!! You cannot get away from the fact that whenever a medical bill is not paid, the bill becomes the burden of the taxpayers.

If you live and breathe, you are going to pay. If you don't want to pay, then quit living!!! Everything has a price tag! Somebody will pay.

Forcing people to buy health insurance is no difference than forcing people to buy automobile insurance. What is the difference when a person takes a mortgage out, the mortgage forces that person to buy insurance on the property. If an uninsured house burns up, do taxpayers pay for it? I think not, but that is exactly what happens when an uninsured person goes for medical treatment.

And as far as what UPS or Kroger is doing, I certainly agree. UPS deal only affects the non-union employees that have working spouses. I know truck drivers that have spouses working for the state and the drivers are riding the spouse's insurance plan because it is much better than the trucking company provides. Who is this costing?? The taxpayers!! You cannot get away from the fact that whenever a medical bill is not paid, the bill becomes the burden of the taxpayers.

If you live and breathe, you are going to pay. If you don't want to pay, then quit living!!! Everything has a price tag! Somebody will pay.

Oh geez. I already explained this.

1. Auto insurance is a state mandate. Obama care is a federal mandate.

2. Auto insurance is only required if one owns a car and wants to drive it on public roads. Obama care is a mandate simply because we are alive.
Do I have to buy auto insurance if I don't own a car? Nope!

As far as mortgage insurance. That's the mortgage company requiring it. Not the Federal government.

Man you libs will justify anything! Doesn't freedom mean anything to you?

Oh geez. I already explained this.

1. Auto insurance is a state mandate. Obama care is a federal mandate.

2. Auto insurance is only required if one owns a car and wants to drive it on public roads. Obama care is a mandate simply because we are alive.
Do I have to buy auto insurance if I don't own a car? Nope!

As far as mortgage insurance. That's the mortgage company requiring it. Not the Federal government.

Right now @ this moment and way way back in the past before Obama Care was even a thought taxpayers were then now, and forever will be paying for people with no healthcare insurance. Your premiums were affected then also. Basically all the new healthcare laws have done is gone public with what was being done on the back pages anyway. If you ask Doctors & Pharmaceutical Companies what they think of the new healthcare laws the majority will tell you they are NOT in favor.....Why ?......because it's going to eliminate a huge chunk of their ability to circumvent the system and pass cost on to the taxpayers. Nothing really is changing because its the basic concept in which this Great Nation was built on " Middle Class carries the bigger part of the load for the rest of the nation to reap benefits * ......Simply Put !

Right now @ this moment and way way back in the past before Obama Care was even a thought taxpayers were then now, and forever will be paying for people with no healthcare insurance. Your premiums were affected then also. Basically all the new healthcare laws have done is gone public with what was being done on the back pages anyway. If you ask Doctors & Pharmaceutical Companies what they think of the new healthcare laws the majority will tell you they are NOT in favor.....Why ?......because it's going to eliminate a huge chunk of their ability to circumvent the system and pass cost on to the taxpayers. Nothing really is changing because its the basic concept in which this Great Nation was built on " Middle Class carries the bigger part of the load for the rest of the nation to reap benefits * ......Simply Put !
Very well stated my friend. That is the truth. Whether you accept the facts or not, if you have health insurance now, you're subsidizing those who don't. Either through higher premiums or higher up front cost OR BOTH.
let me know how that works for you
I really wonder how much money is being spent (wasted) by House Republicans voting to repeal PPACA (Obamacare).
The real culprit here is the GREED of physicians, insurance companies and Pharmaceutical companies. Health care costs are exponentially higher in America than ANY where else in the industrialized world.

Citing costs, IBM to move retirees off health plan | Fox News

International Business Machines Corp. plans to move about 110,000 retirees off its company-sponsored health plan and instead give them a payment to buy coverage on a health-insurance exchange, in a sign that even big, well-capitalized employers aren't likely to keep providing the once-common benefits as medical costs continue to rise.

What is the difference, it doesn't matter who or what "forces" you to do or buy something, you are still "forced". State, Federal or private company it all amounts to the same thing. Like losing a job, if you quit, get fired, laid off, suspended or whatever, you are still out of a job.

I certainly am against Obamacare primarily because I don't want the government running the entire healthcare system.

Very well stated my friend. That is the truth. Whether you accept the facts or not, if you have health insurance now, you're subsidizing those who don't. Either through higher premiums or higher up front cost OR BOTH.

Why do you believe those are the only two options?

I really wonder how much money is being spent (wasted) by House Republicans voting to repeal PPACA (Obamacare).
The real culprit here is the GREED of physicians, insurance companies and Pharmaceutical companies. Health care costs are exponentially higher in America than ANY where else in the industrialized world.

Explain this greed? Do you realize the contributions that is given by the physician's, insurance companies and Pharmaceutical companies?

The billions of dollars invested in research and development by the Pharmaceutical companies.
In fact millions upon millions is spent on products that never receive approval by FDA.

The time and dollars invested by physician's to gain the knowledge to help keep us healthy.

And the insurance companies also spend billions on healthcare coverage. Heck the industries average profit margin is around 4%. It's greedy to keep 4 cents of every $1.00?

What is the difference, it doesn't matter who or what "forces" you to do or buy something, you are still "forced". State, Federal or private company it all amounts to the same thing. Like losing a job, if you quit, get fired, laid off, suspended or whatever, you are still out of a job.

Ya who cares about freedom, let's just be a crybaby lib and say "F" it.
Let's not try some free market principles for a change.

Stony, we've tried the "free market". Why not give PPACA a chance? Hospitals charges for similar procedures vary by THOUSANDS. With those who have insurance paying typically much more than those without it. Why, because the hospitals KNOW the bill will be paid!
Much of the cost of pharmaceuticals reflects the cost of lobbying federal and state agencies, as well as advertising.

Let's not try some free market principles for a change.

If you really believe in a 'free market', you do not know the business world. "Free Market" is a myth!! No such thing! Never has and never will be a "free market".

Let take the trucking world. Say you are a good friend with a dairy farmer and him and you get together, you go buy a truck to haul his milk, think you can? Think again.. First of all, he probably belongs to a Co-Op , he doesn't sell his milk to a dairy, he can't. His milk is sold to a Co-OP and that Co-Op says where that milk goes and who hauls it there. The farmer or the trucking company has no say. "Free Market", don't make another joke..

Stony, we've tried the "free market". Why not give PPACA a chance? Hospitals charges for similar procedures vary by THOUSANDS. With those who have insurance paying typically much more than those without it. Why, because the hospitals KNOW the bill will be paid!
Much of the cost of pharmaceuticals reflects the cost of lobbying federal and state agencies, as well as advertising.

We haven't true free market principles in healthcare since I've been alive(35 years). It's one of the most regulated industries.

If you really believe in a 'free market', you do not know the business world. "Free Market" is a myth!! No such thing! Never has and never will be a "free market".

Let take the trucking world. Say you are a good friend with a dairy farmer and him and you get together, you go buy a truck to haul his milk, think you can? Think again.. First of all, he probably belongs to a Co-Op , he doesn't sell his milk to a dairy, he can't. His milk is sold to a Co-OP and that Co-Op says where that milk goes and who hauls it there. The farmer or the trucking company has no say. "Free Market", don't make another joke..

Oh please. There is a free market, its just government keeps regulating it the point where it gets stifled. There will never be a rue 100% free market, but we can use more free market principles. More competition has always drive down prices, and quality up!