FedEx Freight | Fog lights.

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Fedex has done alot of dumb things I will agree, however one of the dumbest was putting fog lights on trucks, the drivers of said trucks will flip the switch and blaze them just like the rookie long haulers, I thought you guys were better than that but I was wrong. I'm not talking to all of you, just to the ones that burn those annoying things on a nice clear night.

I'm a city driver at upgf,........

When I have a truck with fog lights I use them,...........

Anything to make me more visible to the general motoring public,.........

I don't need the headaches that come from someone not seeing me and pulling out in front of me,........

I'm a city driver at upgf,........

When I have a truck with fog lights I use them,...........

Anything to make me more visible to the general motoring public,.........

I don't need the headaches that come from someone not seeing me and pulling out in front of me,........

Your headlights will do Walleye, no need to use the douchebag lights at night, or during the day for that matter, it don't make you look more cool.

I can remember getting to the bottom of the grapevine and the truck in front of me disappeared. You know it was going to be a long night in the Tule Fog which the San Joaquin Valley is famous for. This is when fog lights are a necessary tool to use. NASCAR has their rookie stripe on the back of the car, on a clear night we have our rookie drivers with their fog light on the front of the truck. If they can't see an 80,000 pound truck coming at them, fog lights won't make the difference. TP

I can remember getting to the bottom of the grapevine and the truck in front of me disappeared. You know it was going to be a long night in the Tule Fog which the San Joaquin Valley is famous for. This is when fog lights are a necessary tool to use. NASCAR has their rookie stripe on the back of the car, on a clear night we have our rookie drivers with their fog light on the front of the truck. If they can't see an 80,000 pound truck coming at them, fog lights won't make the difference. TP

It sucks drivers like you retire, good for you, bad for us, there are things that you teach you just can't learn anywhere else.

Fog lights are a joke. Haven't seen any yet that are properly adjusted. When I ran to Eureka all the time which is deer city, I would use mine for picking out deer when there was oncoming traffic. Otherwise the only thing fog lights are good for is indicating sexual orientation.

Oh, a tip for fog. Well adjusted head lights, low beams only and as little ambient light in the tractor as possible as low light levels let the iris in your eyes dilate and process more of what you need to see.
When I drove a KW I would sometimes turn off the cab marker lights.

Better visibility for the driver???If you need good buddy lights on a clear night,maybe you shouldn't be driving at night.This post could probably be posted in every forum on here..

Your headlights will do Walleye, no need to use the douchebag lights at night, or during the day for that matter, it don't make you look more cool.

Not trying to be "cool",..........

If the extra lights might help some idiot in a car see me and avoid an accident it's worth it,.....

Not trying to be "cool",..........

If the extra lights might help some idiot in a car see me and avoid an accident it's worth it,.....

NO they're not....running fog lights is a rookie move...identifies you as a rank amateur. Thank God FedEx no longer buys them.

NO they're not....running fog lights is a rookie move...identifies you as a rank amateur. Thank God FedEx no longer buys them.

Amateur???

Over 1.5 million accident free miles is an amateur???

If the extra lights keep one old bat or idiot from pulling out in front of me they are worth it,......

Wow another want to be big bad trucker complaining about fog lights. Whats next how our driving is. Get over it already. Boring!

I guess if you work days, fog lights are not a big deal, but when you driving at night on a two lane road and some clown coming the other way with his high beams blazing with his fog lights on it is aggravating. Hey why not turn on your emergency flashers all night. Makes it easier to see you, and it keeps the guy behind you on his toes.

Even better, get one of those stupid motorcycle headlight modulators so everyone will pull over thinking you're an emergency vehicle. Dumbest product ever.

roog