FedEx Freight | Fog lights.

I understand the fog light problem, I have no reason to use them- the lights are usually misaligned anyway. What drives me nuts is the jake brake- driving on mostly roads as flat as Kansas, everytime I get into my unit, the city driver has it cranked all the way up... What for?!!! Down shifting still works for me, though with an automatic, it's one thing I miss when driving in winter, not to mention hooking up.

just like on the cb, it doesnt take long for the nerves get testy, only with a old come back i have been driving so long or call names. Now you can see why your blood pressures are all so high

Old Volvo's parking lights/AMBER were usually bright enough alone-worked well, even the daytime mode- the dimmer the better IMO. High beams are useless people, the reflection is dangerous not just for the other's but you. Being that Fred only hires professionals here, we already knew this. With the constant on lights you have no choice, leaving that mode on in fog is better than nothing- no need for fog lights, unless they are yellow or amber...if misaligned, they are not as blinding- just my 20+ year opinion.

If the fog is that bad say in Baltimore in April, you probably shouldn't be driving anyway. I'd prefer to drive on a clear day on ice, than anyday in fog. You can still see a safe place to stop and wait it out, versus riding the rumble strip hoping the other drivers haven't parked in front of you thinking they were safe.

Fedex has done alot of dumb things I will agree, however one of the dumbest was putting fog lights on trucks, the drivers of said trucks will flip the switch and blaze them just like the rookie long haulers, I thought you guys were better than that but I was wrong. I'm not talking to all of you, just to the ones that burn those annoying things on a nice clear night.

Agree 100%. Honestly half of the guys probably don't know if you turn the switch one click back counter clockwise they won't be on.

I'm sorry, but I've NEVER used the fog lights. To me, all they do is put more white light in your face and make driving harder. Now, if you could turn OFF your driving lights and turn the fog lights ON, this may help since the lower lights just might get under some of the fog. Otherwise, those "rookie lights" do more harm than good. Period. Next thing, someone will say high beams cut through the fog better.

Since you asked for it...

High beams cut through the fog better.

As for the fog lights, if my truck had them, I would use them, they would probably be brighter than my regular headlights :)

Since you asked for it...

High beams cut through the fog better.

As for the fog lights, if my truck had them, I would use them, they would probably be brighter than my regular headlights :)

You got a point, most of these super duper truckers adjust them to be an extra set of lights, it is what it is, I come on the boards and complain to get it off my chest but it ain't gonna change until law enforcement steps in, the custom jobs are becoming more common place like 4 more lights between the headlights, in addition to the fog lights and headlights, then like I posted before, the ultra bright LED bar, that thing sucks.

Its just not right to blind me so you can see better, headlights alone have been good enough for many years. I have been known to crowd a driver to get him by me, if he hits me in retaliation, thats cool too, I never leave my lane and I have a camera that will prove him at fault, plus the entire time we sit still I keep getting paid, so whatever floats yer boat.