FedEx Freight | FONTANA. FEDEX FREIGHT OR SAIA....

fontucky

TB Lurker
Credits
having a tough time deciding. definitely don't want to regret anything and would like my next job to be my last. been reading really good things about both! dock time more than drive time as a new driver at fedex is the only con there but seems like after 3 years i'll be making more at fedex than i would at saia. that said id be at top pay with saia after only 18 months. but from what i'm seeing itd still be less than top pay with fedex. then comes the price for bennies... and would a company like fedex eventually buy out saia?? really at a loss here any insight from Fontana based drivers would be greatly appreciated!

having a tough time deciding. definitely don't want to regret anything and would like my next job to be my last. been reading really good things about both! dock time more than drive time as a new driver at fedex is the only con there but seems like after 3 years i'll be making more at fedex than i would at saia. that said id be at top pay with saia after only 18 months. but from what i'm seeing itd still be less than top pay with fedex. then comes the price for bennies... and would a company like fedex eventually buy out saia?? really at a loss here any insight from Fontana based drivers would be greatly appreciated!

The ferver for growth by acquisition seems to have subsided in trucking as of late.

Saia has a much tougher big brother policy at this time than Fedex Freight.

They won't allow CB or cell phone use and monitor it with driver facing cameras.

For that reason alone, I'd chose FedEx Freight.

g
go with Saia

After 10yrs with saia your Health Insurance is FREE

Small pack though, not freight. They're hiring full time Feeder drivers off the street around these here parts.
have a few applications in but seems like ya need some super luck to be the name they pull from the hat. or is it slot machines that the recruiters use now? lol either way it's a random process of picking a guy THEN they look at your experience and qualifications

And the day this company puts cameras looking at us will be the day the company shut down due to lack of drivers!!!
Wrong.
99.999% will fall right in line, like good little employees.

It won't take long for me to be proven right, becaise EVERY LTL carrier will have DFCs within the next 5yrs.

have a few applications in but seems like ya need some super luck to be the name they pull from the hat. or is it slot machines that the recruiters use now? lol either way it's a random process of picking a guy THEN they look at your experience and qualifications

I'm on the east coast and I was headhunted by an HR guy for Buster Brown. He gave me his personal cell number and said if I was ever interested or know anyone who was, to give him a call.

I guess it depends on your area...

And I'm pretty awesome. ;-)

Wrong.
99.999% will fall right in line, like good little employees.

It won't take long for me to be proven right, becaise EVERY LTL carrier will have DFCs within the next 5yrs.
You’d be surprised. At my center the avg age of road drivers continues to rise and now most are saying the buzzers and beapers already have them considering early retirement...add DFC and watch them drop like flies!!

You’d be surprised. At my center the avg age of road drivers continues to rise and now most are saying the buzzers and beapers already have them considering early retirement...add DFC and watch them drop like flies!!
I can't believe drivers would actually give up driving for FDXF because of DFC. Almost every job has some type of camera on them at all times..teachers, bankers, retail employees ..etc, and they make waaaaay less than a road driver. I'm actually for the DFC. I know a few guys at my center that txt,post on social media, and take pics all the time while driving. Its unsafe.

I can't believe drivers would actually give up driving for FDXF because of DFC. Almost every job has some type of camera on them at all times..teachers, bankers, retail employees ..etc, and they make waaaaay less than a road driver. I'm actually for the DFC. I know a few guys at my center that txt,post on social media, and take pics all the time while driving. Its unsafe.
You’re entitled to your opinion but most of our 130+ man road board are old school guys, they became truck drivers for various reasons including being able to enjoy the privacy and the freedom that came with the profession. The beepers and buzzers have ate away at that freedom while DFC will certainly take away any privacy. I don’t condone texting and driving, surfing the net while driving, etc, but I don’t need a camera watching my every move either...if I did I would’ve became a teacher, a bank teller, retail employee, etc...

As for the money, this job has allowed us to save enough over the years that most can afford to retire early and find something else to do until their official retirement. :1036316054: