TForce | Food for thought......

Silverhawk1 said:
Interesting to say the least. I couldn't help but to notice the 13 pages of Decertification's.

If you look closely at each page you will notice that almost every entry is duplicated on subsequent pages. So instead of there being 1300 (100 per page) decerts, maybe in essence there is somewhere between 100 and 200. In addition to that, you also have multiple decerts by the same corporation through different locals, such as the case with the Overnite decerts. Thus bringing the number of companies involved to a lower number as well.

This has some markings of being deceptive in it's nature. As such, it would lead me (personally) to believe that the publishers have an agenda, regardless of what they say.

In the who are we page it states
The Center for Union Facts is a non-profit organization supported by foundations, businesses, union members, and the general public. We are dedicated to showing Americans the truth about today's union leadership.
Hmmmmm. A non profit organization made up of foundations and businesses.....(probably those that are against union representation at their establishments), union members...( how many? Even if it is only 1 person they can use the plural form of the word to make it seem like many), and the general public...(again, how many? they can also use the plural form here as well).

If this page is deceptive, who's to say the rest of their website, or ads, or commercials aren't as deceptive as well? In this day and age, when we vote for government leaders, we have gone from choosing the best candidate to choosing the lesser of 2 evils. If we continue that mindset to choosing between union or non union, I would still have to say that a unionized workforce is the lesser of 2 evils as well.

bamaboy said:
Been around too long not to know that there is always two sides to every story and that there are many employment laws to protect individuals and the employment laws are better protection than any union.
There are always 2 sides to a story. The part about the (seldom enforced) employment laws was a joke, right?

Just went over all the benefits. Does not even compare with what we had. I am real happy with the benefits.

Skeeter said:
Since all we talk about is union and that is ok. I thought this was pretty interesting!

http://www.unionfacts.com/unions/unionProfile.cfm?id=93

http://www.unionfacts.com/press.cfm
there was also a full page add in the usa today about a week ago from this same group. i think it's awful funny they were'nt heard from until after the overnite buyout. my money would be that ups has a hand in this trying to sway employee votes in the elections that i'm sure will be along soon.....i'm sure a full page add in the usa today isn't cheap

I'm also with you guys.1 million on my head.

All I could get at Overnite was the max of $120,000.00.
I'm able to really take care of my wife in style,also a real healthy tithes to our church.

As clumsey as I am and her being 6 &1/2 years younger than me.
also factoring in that I'm already over 62,and still working with no thought of retirement in my future.

Hey I know God only knows when I'm going to check out.

I figure the odds are for my wife,to be happy either way,if its by an accident.
If natural she's still able to recieve $55,000.00 more than the top of Overnites
death benefit

I really love my wife and want her to live as well as she can when I pass to that great truckstop in the sky...

Yeah right .

The bible states that the body returns to dust,and the spirit goes back to God who gave it.
Thats when he settels the score of how we all lived our lives here on earth.