Yellow | Forty hour per month limit.

The Teamsters Central States Fund?
I kind of though that had something to do with the union...
You know it isn't run by the union....Sean O'Brien has nothing to do with it.....the Union gets no funds from the retirement fund...right from CS web page...btw you added the word Teamsters to it, the fund is the Central States Pension Fund....notice trustees are both employee/union and employers...

MESSAGE FROM THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES​

The Central States Pension Fund is one of the nation’s largest multiemployer Taft-Hartley defined benefit pension plans. With nearly 360,000 participants, Central States Pension Fund is jointly administered by an eight-member Board of Trustees consisting of four Employee/Union Trustees and four Employer Trustees.

Tri, if you're that senior, you need to get out from in front of that computer all day. Wife and I are taking a week-long cruise this winter. Wanna bring Mrs. Tri and join us??
Hey RT, that's a very generous and very tempting offer for sure. I haven't been on a cruise for a while now. Unfortunately I'm a little bogged down with too many tasks around the house that I've been putting off for way too long and if I don't take care of them I'll be in deep you-know-what. Thanks for the suggestion though, maybe down the line when I get caught up a little. :1036316054: :smile new:

You know it isn't run by the union....Sean O'Brien has nothing to do with it.....the Union gets no funds from the retirement fund...right from CS web page...btw you added the word Teamsters to it, the fund is the Central States Pension Fund....notice trustees are both employee/union and employers...

MESSAGE FROM THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES​

The Central States Pension Fund is one of the nation’s largest multiemployer Taft-Hartley defined benefit pension plans. With nearly 360,000 participants, Central States Pension Fund is jointly administered by an eight-member Board of Trustees consisting of four Employee/Union Trustees and four Employer Trustees.
He may be referring to the 401k, again, even that is just a name.

Hey RT, that's a very generous and very tempting offer for sure. I haven't been on a cruise for a while now. Unfortunately I'm a little bogged down with too many tasks around the house that I've been putting off for way too long and if I don't take care of them I'll be in deep you-know-what. Thanks for the suggestion though, maybe down the line when I get caught up a little. :1036316054: :smile new:
That's the bad thing about this retirement.
You can go all day long doing absolutely nothing, but never know when you're finished. :6788:

You can go all day long doing absolutely nothing, but never know when you're finished. :6788:
That's why I still use my phone as ELD even when I'm not driving. After 11 hours of working around the house I can't do any more till after I get my rest time off. :hysterical: :hilarious:
Couple weeks ago my grand daughters were over & one of my dogs was scratching at the door to get back in the house. I told the dog to wait her turn cause I'm busy. Mia my grand daughter said " Papa your not busy you are just sitting there drinking coffee. Told her it's time for you to go home. :lmao:

As long as you know what day it is..................................buddy calls me this morning, says what are you doing, I said putting brakes on a van, he said on Saturday?........................................it's Friday here where I am........................

Anyone here have any luck getting around the forty hour limit in restricted employment? currently working part time driving
the bookmobile for a municipality that were teamsters at one time. i always thought that working for a Government entityor vocational training were
unlimited . I read the restricted employment rules and it looks pretty cut and dried. The city has a temporary need for more drivers on the rolling library
and I'd like to help. Any ideas would be appreciated.
It depends on if your driving requires a cdl a or if you are only required a cdl b. Also your age @ retirement. And if the position is a competing industry. I retired from central states work part time driving a motor coach which requires a cdl b. It is not restricted employment and I am allowed to work all the hours I want (which are not many) Restrictions depend on the job. School bus driving is restricted I believe because the Teamsters organize the industry. If you do not work in a restricted job for 1 year after you turn 65 the restrictions no longer apply. Actualy now I could rehire @ abf work and draw my pension and social security. If you are in central states go to their website under reemployment section you can fill out a form with what to do and they will tell you what if any restrictions apply.

Yup already sent in the appeal. I’m thinking it has to do with the fact the city I live in in WI used to be teamsters. When the governor imposed act 10 eliminating public sector unions, it decertified the teamsters. It was spelled out in the remployment regs and the response I received said I could appeal the limit on hours. Just waiting on a reply.

Anyone here have any luck getting around the forty hour limit in restricted employment? currently working part time driving
the bookmobile for a municipality that were teamsters at one time. i always thought that working for a Government entityor vocational training were
unlimited . I read the restricted employment rules and it looks pretty cut and dried. The city has a temporary need for more drivers on the rolling library
Go to the Union Hall and have them find you a job just like Yellow.... Thats what you pay your dues for. I actually called Obrien myself and he hooked M-F days, and no dock work.

Working for a government entity, or truck driver training schools, public or commercial, you can work unlimited. Possibly the bookmobile job that was, a teamster represented position, may not qualify because of a labor dispute, or some other issue. I know 2 guys that drive a small bus at Veteran facilities taking patients to doctor appointment’s, and 2 others who work at community college driver training programs here within CSPF area. That’s all I can tell you, Wayne.

Working for a government entity, or truck driver training schools, public or commercial, you can work unlimited. Possibly the bookmobile job that was, a teamster represented position, may not qualify because of a labor dispute, or some other issue. I know 2 guys that drive a small bus at Veteran facilities taking patients to doctor appointment’s, and 2 others who work at community college driver training programs here within CSPF area. That’s all I can tell you, Wayne.
We’ll trust your knowledge of short bus operations.

I retired after 30 years at age 62. I had already in advance contacted CSPF and gave them the name of my new employer. I drove a school bus for our High School for 3 years until I turned 65 and got on Medicare. CSPF approved unlimited hours working at a government job (City, County, State or Federal) with NO RESTRICTIONS. I took my last 4 weeks' vacation and went through the training and then retired on the last day of July that year, 24 hours later my first check from CSPF was in the bank, as well as my first school district check. My CS Insurance was $100 a month until I reached 65. Plan your retirement and make it work for you. At age 65 there are NO restrictions on what job you do, or hour many hours you can work. I hung it up at 65, but do a few extra road jobs for friends, but officially retired (don't ask me to do a damn thing) October 2021.

Sent in the appeal on October 30. Not sure how long the process takes. I imagine the appeals committee has volumes of past practices to go through. Can’t be too careful.