Yellow | Forty hour per month limit.

Anyone here have any luck getting around the forty hour limit in restricted employment? currently working part time driving
the bookmobile for a municipality that were teamsters at one time. i always thought that working for a Government entityor vocational training were
unlimited . I read the restricted employment rules and it looks pretty cut and dried. The city has a temporary need for more drivers on the rolling library
and I'd like to help. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Upstate NY pension fund has to be notified with a job request after retirement. We fill the form out and send it back and they say yea or nay. For State or Fed jobs it is ok.

Yea, but wasn't he a horse? :idunno:
misterred01.jpg

Got my answer. The city paid into CSPF after 1980. It’s restricted employment with a 40 hour a month limit. Age doesn’t matter. I can appeal my appeal if I want or file a civil suit. But they do understand my disappointment.

Got my answer. The city paid into CSPF after 1980. It’s restricted employment with a 40 hour a month limit. Age doesn’t matter. I can appeal my appeal if I want or file a civil suit. But they do understand my disappointment.
Once you reach the age where you are required to take distributions from an IRA, 401-K, etc., (used to be 70-1/2, now 73) there are no restrictions on employment and you can work unlimited hours anywhere if you like.

If you receive a 401k you have restrictions on working till age 73?
I'm not sure what you're asking. IRS requires that people with 401-K's start taking distributions at age 73 (used to be 70-1/2, then 72, now 73). There are no restrictions on working and taking distributions from 401-K's. The work restrictions apply to some pension plans when collecting pension. But at 73 those restrictions go away since at that age you must start taking pension if no longer working at company which offered that pension.