ABF | Freight liner to layoff 936

And it doesn't appear to be getting any better... China has the whole world screwed up, and according to what I've read online it's all in our heads, China's economy is fine and western economists are making a mountain out of a molehill. Frustrating for the average Joe to say the least.

And it doesn't appear to be getting any better... China has the whole world screwed up, and according to what I've read online it's all in our heads, China's economy is fine and western economists are making a mountain out of a molehill. Frustrating for the average Joe to say the least.
Their economy has been 'ripe' for a crash for while now. The growth rate was ridiculously high for several years, and therefore unsustainable. It all comes out in the wash.

Their economy has been 'ripe' for a crash for while now. The growth rate was ridiculously high for several years, and therefore unsustainable. It all comes out in the wash.

Good point for sure but according to the Huffington post (not where I would normally go for news) they are still sustaining around 8% growth GDP and are projecting to do so for several years to come. I don't know, it's just aggravating because it all seems a setup from where I'm sitting.

Good point for sure but according to the Huffington post (not where I would normally go for news) they are still sustaining around 8% growth GDP and are projecting to do so for several years to come. I don't know, it's just aggravating because it all seems a setup from where I'm sitting.
Let's see a show of hands as to how many people don't trust the Chinese government?

Let's see a show of hands as to how many people don't trust the Chinese government?
Oops,..... Sorry,....I had both hands in the air.

Any government that artificially floats, or supports, it's currency, should be banned from competing in global markets.

Any government that legislates in favor of businesses at the expense of their citizens, on the premise that what's good for business will eventually benefit the citizenry,.........should be flogged from office.....

That one hits a little too close to home......

Problem is neither will Hillary or Bernie Sanders. It doesn't matter who we elect, they won't do what's best for the American people, they will float their own agendas and not worry about us in the least.
Government is responsive to whichever group pays it the most attention. And since Citizens United vs. The FEC, Big Business has certainly been......."paying" .......Congress a lot of attention. Corporations and the wealthy would like nothing better than for working people to get disillusioned and withdraw from our political system. They're saying. " That's right, Mr. Working Man,.....you're vote doesn't count, so don't bother. We're so much richer and smarter than you anyway,.......we'll handle the politics...... "

That way they save a pile of money by not having to buy newspapers, TV stations, and other media outlets in order to trick working people into voting for the politicians and policies they want.

WE are responsible for the governance of this nation. And,.......much to the disgust of people like Mr. Trump,... you have the same amount of votes that a billionaire has.

We can vote bad politicians out of office. We can't get rid of immoral and dishonest and lying CEO's,......as long as they're making money for their shareholders. And if they can throw money around amnd convince working people to disenfranchise themselves from our political process,....then we live with dishonest, immoral, lying politicians.

Make a billionaire,.....and your CEO,....angry today. Go Vote!

Government is responsive to whichever group pays it the most attention. And since Citizens United vs. The FEC, Big Business has certainly been......."paying" .......Congress a lot of attention. Corporations and the wealthy would like nothing better than for working people to get disillusioned and withdraw from our political system. They're saying. " That's right, Mr. Working Man,.....you're vote doesn't count, so don't bother. We're so much richer and smarter than you anyway,.......we'll handle the politics...... "

That way they save a pile of money by not having to buy newspapers, TV stations, and other media outlets in order to trick working people into voting for the politicians and policies they want.

WE are responsible for the governance of this nation. And,.......much to the disgust of people like Mr. Trump,... you have the same amount of votes that a billionaire has.

We can vote bad politicians out of office. We can't get rid of immoral and dishonest and lying CEO's,......as long as they're making money for their shareholders. And if they can throw money around amnd convince working people to disenfranchise themselves from our political process,....then we live with dishonest, immoral, lying politicians.

So if I win the powerball am I off your Christmas card list?

Remember:.......Over 50 votes in Congress to "Defund Obamacare",,......yet, as reported in the Wall Street Journal, ......the Republicans have yet to come up with a comprehensive plan to replace it.

Doesn't anyone else see the hand of the insurance lobby wanting " healthcare " to go back to the way it was so they can continue to run it like a profitable business,......and those sick people be damned?

We're the only nation in the world where your healthcare is tied to your employer. And,.....that buys employers a big hatchet to hang over the employee's head....... keeping them quiet and subservient. Do you think employers want to give that up, and allow their employees to buy any insurance they want,.......thereby removing the threat of healthcare insurance loss along with job loss. Them Stinky workers can speak up and talk back now and we can't make them quiet by holding their families' healthcare for ransom.

Yup,......Big Business wants Obamacare to go away. Let's have another vote Congress!

Yup, go vote and hold your nose to make a choice between bad and worse. Neither side has our best interest in mind. Any politician that would actually do this nation good wouldn't stand a chance.

Last edited:
Yup, go vote and hold your nose to make a choice between bad and worse. Neither side has our best interest in mind. Any politician that would actually do this nation good wouldn't stand a chance.
But we have to keep doing it, Brother. The alternative will be worse if they can convince all of us that our votes don't matter. Last I checked, there were a lot more working people than there are billionaires and CEO's,........and they only get one vote apiece, same as you and I........and Joe, after he wins the powerball last night.......

They are doing their damnednest to convince us that we don't matter, so don't bother.....
Don't fall for that, Brother.........

Remember,.......while you're watching 10 minutes of "news" between 20 minutes of commercials,......who owns the media.