Yellow | Friday is the last day

Is anybody still holding out hope things will resolve at the 11th hour? Or is this totally it, shows over? Wouldn’t the company have told everybody if they’re shutting down indefinitely?

Sorry to say it's over. The only hope now would be a deep pocketed White Knight which isn't very likely, however, not out of the realm of possibilty either. They'd have be willing to take on a company with high debt and a hostile union to deal with. Not a very attractive combination.

Actually, I think the 3PLs are in for a hurt. They aren’t going to be able to undercut anyone’s rates to keep their business going, the remaining companies don’t have to participate.
3PL's arent in for a hurt. The 3PL's revenue comes from either a flat yearly management fee or a fee per load shipped through them.

Is anybody still holding out hope things will resolve at the 11th hour? Or is this totally it, shows over? Wouldn’t the company have told everybody if they’re shutting down indefinitely?
With more and more customers going elsewhere and yellows cash flow dropping by the day . Even if they came to an agreement on a contract without a Government bill out or loan with no fright to haul and no money to pay the bills just to keep the wheels rolling like fuel . I don’t see how yellow could survive now . In my opinion with how bad the economy is and how hard freight is to come by I think yellow could only survive buy restructuring and getting rid of most of the staff and drivers and become a smaller company with less overhead

The 3PL's don't make the rates, the carriers do in an RFP. Any pricing a 3PL has with a carrier comes directly from the carrier themselves.
Which is what my point was. Yellow hauled a lot of that at a deep discount, other carriers may not do that. At that point where a 3PLs rates is close to what a carriers published rate is, why would a shipper involve them.

Right now I'm kinda disgusted with all 3 sides.
If nobody is willing to bend with 30,000 American families jobs on the line
Families are more important than lenders, business and unions. That's what America is made up of and for.
And all 3 sides should feel lucky they make money here and take that into consideration.
But they don't it seems.
More more more....from all 3 sides.