FedEx Freight | Furloughs a overreaction or REAL indicator ?

Theory at my terminal is possible sell off/buyout/something funky.

Equipment is at a all time low, fleet maint. doesn't even order or have on stock bulbs for the tractors, let alone any other common parts. parts that shouldn't cost a whole lot to have and should be on hand by the pallet load.
NOT sure where you are, but at my location I've NEVER seen so many NEW TRAILERS. Pups have been filtering in for quite a while, but Vans of all types (13'6"-12'6") are the most recent influx. 48, 53, and even 40' G-Vans. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But... I have to suspect this level of spending will reduce margins a bit. Margins, you might recall are what our bonuses are tied to.

:smilie93c peelout:

NOT sure where you are, but at my location I've NEVER seen so many NEW TRAILERS. Pups have been filtering in for quite a while, but Vans of all types (13'6"-12'6") are the most recent influx. 48, 53, and even 40' G-Vans. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But... I have to suspect this level of spending will reduce margins a bit. Margins, you might recall are what our bonuses are tied to.

:smilie93c peelout:
We have newer trailers too, its getting the parts for tractors ect. thats a pain in the dick.

They’ve terminated so many drivers here and now we’re canceling the furlough lol. A few irritated dudes that thought they were getting some paid time off.

Management is getting super nit picky with the smallest of things. People first mentality lol

We have newer trailers too, its getting the parts for tractors ect. thats a pain in the dick.
Right there with ya. Absolutely. They say mfg backorders. Waiting on parts... Covid? <insert sarcasm>

Imagine if you'd recently bought a truck, brand new, and it sits for weeks waiting on parts. Warranty or not the downtime could kill.

I know you're lazy lol, that's obvious.

My wife makes a good living and I'm very proud of her and I'm proud to call her my wife. We're working towards a common goal as a unit. We celebrated our 6 year anniversary yesterday. I love that woman.
I've had mine almost 52 yrs, I told her I'm thinking about trading her for 2 20-year-olds.
She said I wasn't wired for 220.
I'm not sure my 110 is working too good.

So would damage, overtime and wrecks.

We had a meeting with safety recently. They said republican drivers are more likely to have wrecks because they actually come to work.

He also said republican dock workers get more overtime. Mainly because they are covering for democrats who are protesting methane emissions from livestock, fighting for crossdressers to compete in women's sports, and all the things normal people don't care about.

And at FedEx the first people we furloughed were OS&D employees because we don't damage freight. Neither republicans or democrats.

Last edited:
We had a meeting with safety recently. They said republican drivers are more likely to have wrecks because they actually come to work.

He also said republican dock workers get more overtime. Mainly because they are covering for democrats who are protesting methane emissions from livestock, fighting for crossdressers to compete in women's sports, and all the things normal people don't care about.

And at FedEx the first people we furloughed were OS&D employees because we don't damage freight. Neither republicans or democrats.
A lot of republicans show up....just aren't productive.
You guys also believe in the conspiracy of a stolen, rigged election... Normal...sure.

3 furloughs confirmed at the hub I run out of. All voluntary, actually had a lot more than 3 volunteer. No one seems to know if we are rebidding or if the 3 open bids will be covered by the extra board until next rebid.

We have 5 and it never made it to the bottom 20. Also no new bid, so I'm guessing it'll be covered by extraboard, which means I should be able to keep it to day meets for the time being.

I worked 5 days this week. Haven't seen a 5 day work week in a while. My entire week was day meets. I finished out with 2600 miles. I guess those 5 found out on Monday and called out the week.

We have 5 and it never made it to the bottom 20. Also no new bid, so I'm guessing it'll be covered by extraboard, which means I should be able to keep it to day meets for the time being.

I worked 5 days this week. Haven't seen a 5 day work week in a while. My entire week was day meets. I finished out with 2600 miles. I guess those 5 found out on Monday and called out the week.
Can they call them back before their 3 months are up?

Can they call them back before their 3 months are up?

Yes. They called them back a month early during the COVID furlough and during our meeting, leadership said they can call them back early and depending on how January looks they can allow more furloughs if they deem it necessary. Right now, they have to finish up business with the ground runs and then they'll determine what to do.

Yes. They called them back a month early during the COVID furlough and during our meeting, leadership said they can call them back early and depending on how January looks they can allow more furloughs if they deem it necessary. Right now, they have to finish up business with the ground runs and then they'll determine what to do.
Thanks