FedEx Freight | FXF management and others out of touch with reality

Part 4.
Most people, age 20-40 can’t afford a $400,000 mortgage because they have two, $60,000 plus car or pickups, kids, and bills.

Many in that age group also lacks work ethic, pride, common sense, and wants an 8-4 job.

The majority of lives ( millennial’s ) can’t function day to day without their cell phone, or Amazon.

And they sure don’t want a 12 hour daily job, requiring physical labor.
Word!

I agree if the teamsters weren't such a dumpster fire! Only way I'll vote union is if fedex freight workers create their own! Teamsters made a fool out of all the nashville drivers that put their careers on the line back in 2014!
Call the Longshoreman International they still have a long running beef with the IBT.

I agree if the teamsters weren't such a dumpster fire! Only way I'll vote union is if fedex freight workers create their own! Teamsters made a fool out of all the nashville drivers that put their careers on the line back in 2014!
I can’t believe that was 7 years ago.

What happened in 2014? I don’t recall anything about FedEx Freight, I only remember the Conway Freight union push.

That is ridiculous. No support and wonder why people started to despise them over the years. The Teamsters officials are just out for (and have been) themselves anymore.

That is ridiculous. No support and wonder why people started to despise them over the years. The Teamsters officials are just out for (and have been) themselves anymore.
Not the case with our Local #878 in Little Rock. Our business agent goes above and beyond representing us (at least in my opinion). He usually gets a favorable ruling on most of the grievances that we file and most of the time gets a local settlement without actually going to grievance with it. I can't even begin to tell you how many times over the years he has got the job back for co-workers wrongfully discharged, and usually with full back pay. Not to mention the suspensions he has had overturned with full back pay as well. He is definitely the man you want in your corner representing your interests. I guess that is why he chairs the grievance committee for the Southern Region (Road Side). So, please don't lump all union officials together. There may be some that do it just for the money and the title, but not all of them.

Not the case with our Local #878 in Little Rock. Our business agent goes above and beyond representing us (at least in my opinion). He usually gets a favorable ruling on most of the grievances that we file and most of the time gets a local settlement without actually going to grievance with it. I can't even begin to tell you how many times over the years he has got the job back for co-workers wrongfully discharged, and usually with full back pay. Not to mention the suspensions he has had overturned with full back pay as well. He is definitely the man you want in your corner representing your interests. I guess that is why he chairs the grievance committee for the Southern Region (Road Side). So, please don't lump all union officials together. There may be some that do it just for the money and the title, but not all of them.
Is it fairly safe to assume he is not a tdu?

The guy in Nashville who dropped ball put a target on those guys backs by not helping. If the Teamsters ever want to get a foothold in trucking ever again, they need to offer something more than what they have done when all of us who have made a decent living in ltl on the non-union side over the years would lose money to go under contract. My brother works at ABF and has called me a scab since I got into trucking. I made a payment for him on his Duramax, during the last contract you guys went through because they were starving him. Now all kidding aside, that is his fault, he should have planned better, and it could have been avoided. My own brother is brainwashed bad. He bleeds for the Teamsters and has nothing to show for it other than being grumpy all of the time and complaining about everything. My health insurance is free, my vision and dental and life and 401k take out of my wages, yes. I know union dues are cheaper, but I have never had a job where I literally had to count backwards until retirement date to make it through the day. If it was just him, I’d write it off. It is a majority of the Teamsters I run across. Guys from ABF, Holland, TForce, YRC, Hydrite, Standard Forwarding, Ruan, and the list goes on, mostly miserable. Why is that? The Teamsters used to get a NMFA agreement and we’d all benefit. Now the market dictates the wages. Teamsters represent too little number of trucks on road to act like they are better anymore. I wish it was different, but it is not. The young guys with families need money. The retirement pension is temporarily shored up, but any young guy would be better off with a company match 401k they can take anywhere than a pension where you have to work at 1 of 2 companies to get, and out of those 2 only the one is making full payment where a guy will be able to retire (if the bailout stays funded) on an 18a central states pension.

The guy in Nashville who dropped ball put a target on those guys backs by not helping. If the Teamsters ever want to get a foothold in trucking ever again, they need to offer something more than what they have done when all of us who have made a decent living in ltl on the non-union side over the years would lose money to go under contract. My brother works at ABF and has called me a scab since I got into trucking. I made a payment for him on his Duramax, during the last contract you guys went through because they were starving him. Now all kidding aside, that is his fault, he should have planned better, and it could have been avoided. My own brother is brainwashed bad. He bleeds for the Teamsters and has nothing to show for it other than being grumpy all of the time and complaining about everything. My health insurance is free, my vision and dental and life and 401k take out of my wages, yes. I know union dues are cheaper, but I have never had a job where I literally had to count backwards until retirement date to make it through the day. If it was just him, I’d write it off. It is a majority of the Teamsters I run across. The young guys with families need money. The retirement pension is temporarily shored up, but any young guy would be better off with a company match 401k they can take anywhere than a pension where you have to work at 1 of 2 companies to get, and out of those 2 only the one is making full payment where a guy will be able to retire (if the bailout stays funded) on an 18a central states pension.
Just curious as to why your brother would call you a scab? A scab is someone who crosses the picket line or tries to freeload off of a union job without paying their fair share (union dues). To my knowledge, FedEx Freight is currently non-union. And the contract I assume you were talking about was the 2013-2018 contract. Yes we did take concessions on that contract, but with our pension and health care fully paid for by contract, I would venture to guess that we are still ahead of most if not all other LTL's in total compensation. And you are correct that your brother should have planned better as the 2008 recession took a toll on all LTL carriers. Not to mention the Zollars effect on the HNRY companies.

I’ve never crossed a picket line to take anyone’s livelihood away. He’s not the only one who uses that term to describe non-union competition. The only reason I brought that up is to shed a little light on why the Nashville B.A. not helping out the FXF Nashville barn during an organizing drive was just another nail in the coffin for the Teamsters. I wish it wasn’t the case. In 1964 when James R. Hoffa got the first NMFA ratified, I think that he would spit in his sons face for allowing Tyson Johnson to break it up like he did with moving the end date for YRCW companies. Conway has a couple Teamsters represented terminals, does FedEx Freight have any? That could have been a real game changer for the employees nation wide. For a Local to not help that sure puts another mark where it doesn’t need to be.

I’ve never crossed a picket line to take anyone’s livelihood away. He’s not the only one who uses that term to describe non-union competition. The only reason I brought that up is to shed a little light on why the Nashville B.A. not helping out the FXF Nashville barn during an organizing drive was just another nail in the coffin for the Teamsters. I wish it wasn’t the case. In 1964 when James R. Hoffa got the first NMFA ratified, I think that he would spit in his sons face for allowing Tyson Johnson to break it up like he did with moving the end date for YRCW companies. Conway has a couple Teamsters represented terminals, does FedEx Freight have any? That could have been a real game changer for the employees nation wide. For a Local to not help that sure puts another mark where it doesn’t need to be.
I don't know all the particulars of what happened at Nashville FedEx Freight in 2014, but if it went down like you stated then I agree that the local there should have been more receptive and worked as hard as they could to get them organized. I also agree that Hoffa senior would not be pleased at the way his creation (NMFA) has changed over the years. IMO, deregulation caused the demise of so many union LTL carriers, that the Teamsters had to adapt and make changes. I don't agree with all of them, but the YRCW companies would probably not exist today if changes were not made because of Zollars tactics to bring an end to the Teamsters involvement in the LTL business. And anyone that calls you a scab for working at a non-union LTL carrier should educate themselves on what a scab truly is. I would never use that term unless absolutely warranted.