FedEx Freight | FXF management and others out of touch with reality

I didn’t realize overtime was guaranteed. Due to it not being guaranteed banks won’t count it towards your income when giving approval of your mortgage. Lower interest rates benefit the seller and the tax man not the buyer.Homes have got larger over time, that’s true. However the nationwide average price is 400k across all metros, sizes etc.
You are full of excuses and you are wrong about OT being considered for a mortgage. They use your average gross for the last full year. Your not a Victim and your generation isn’t experiencing anything past generations haven’t already done so. Get off your ass and make it happen. Where did you get the notion that you could afford the average home on 40 hrs a week? You buy what you can afford at the time you are ready to purchase. Hint, you are not ready to purchase a home if you have consumer debt and less than 5% down payment + 3 months emergency fund.

You are full of excuses and you are wrong about OT being considered for a mortgage. They use your average gross for the last full year. Your not a Victim and your generation isn’t experiencing anything past generations haven’t already done so. Get off your ass and make it happen. Where did you get the notion that you could afford the average home on 40 hrs a week? You buy what you can afford at the time you are ready to purchase. Hint, you are not ready to purchase a home if you have consumer debt and less than 5% down payment + 3 months emergency fund.
Direct from the Federal Reserve. I suppose a young person could always count on 30 hrs of OT a week…. Get real! I do stand corrected on OT being used for a mortgage. It never was for me in the past. I’m not young. Never said I was.

Direct from the Federal Reserve. I suppose a young person could always count on 30 hrs of OT a week…. Get real! I do stand corrected on OT being used for a mortgage. It never was for me in the past. I’m not young. Never said I was.
So your bitching about the housing market in the middle of a white hot segment? First time buyers should never expect to buy in this type of a market climate. As far as a 4% raise on top of your already top of the LTL market rate? Exactly who has a higher wage than FDXF ? You could go to Abf and get better health benefits but you would be making 25k less a year and rolling the dice on layoffs.

So your bitching about the housing market in the middle of a white hot segment? First time buyers should never expect to buy in this type of a market climate. As far as a 4% raise on top of your already top of the LTL market rate? Exactly who has a higher wage than FDXF ? You could go to Abf and get better health benefits but you would be making 25k less a year and rolling the dice on layoffs.
Perhaps you should read everything I’ve already wrote on the matter. I have already accepted a job offer from a non trucking company. The housing market isn’t the only market that’s white hot, labor is too.

Ups

Exactly who has a higher wage than FDXF ? You could go to Abf and get better health benefits but you would be making 25k less a year and rolling the dice on layoffs.
I don’t know about other locations, but I doubt you would make less at ABF in N. Little Rock. We currently have the option to work our off days at double time every week ($52.42 per hour). On a forty hour week, you guys will make more. But nowhere near the 25k per year you speak of. And, we not only have much, much better health care and at no cost, but our pension is paid for as well by contract.

Part 4.
Most people, age 20-40 can’t afford a $400,000 mortgage because they have two, $60,000 plus car or pickups, kids, and bills.

Many in that age group also lacks work ethic, pride, common sense, and wants an 8-4 job.

The majority of lives ( millennial’s ) can’t function day to day without their cell phone, or Amazon.

And they sure don’t want a 12 hour daily job, requiring physical labor.
Bastards

Part 4.
Most people, age 20-40 can’t afford a $400,000 mortgage because they have two, $60,000 plus car or pickups, kids, and bills.

Many in that age group also lacks work ethic, pride, common sense, and wants an 8-4 job.

The majority of lives ( millennial’s ) can’t function day to day without their cell phone, or Amazon.

And they sure don’t want a 12 hour daily job, requiring physical labor.
Stop picking on me, I'm telling. Mommy

Not the case with our Local #878 in Little Rock. Our business agent goes above and beyond representing us (at least in my opinion). He usually gets a favorable ruling on most of the grievances that we file and most of the time gets a local settlement without actually going to grievance with it. I can't even begin to tell you how many times over the years he has got the job back for co-workers wrongfully discharged, and usually with full back pay. Not to mention the suspensions he has had overturned with full back pay as well. He is definitely the man you want in your corner representing your interests. I guess that is why he chairs the grievance committee for the Southern Region (Road Side). So, please don't lump all union officials together. There may be some that do it just for the money and the title, but not all of them.
There are always 2 sides to every story.

Just curious as to why your brother would call you a scab? A scab is someone who crosses the picket line or tries to freeload off of a union job without paying their fair share (union dues). To my knowledge, FedEx Freight is currently non-union. And the contract I assume you were talking about was the 2013-2018 contract. Yes we did take concessions on that contract, but with our pension and health care fully paid for by contract, I would venture to guess that we are still ahead of most if not all other LTL's in total compensation. And you are correct that your brother should have planned better as the 2008 recession took a toll on all LTL carriers. Not to mention the Zollars effect on the HNRY companies.
That's what burned my butt back in the 60s when we tried to organize Overnite.
We had members call those guys scab when there was no picket line
it does more harm than good.

Interesting. I always thought you were either union, or you were a scab. That’s the only way I’ve ever heard it used.

Interesting. I always thought you were either union, or you were a scab. That’s the only way I’ve ever heard it used.
As stated in post #115, a scab is someone that crosses a picket line or tries to freeload off of a union job by not joining or paying their dues. Just because a company is non-union does not classify its employees as scabs. A scab is someone that purposely brings harm to a union organization by either taking away work (crossing a picket line), or accepting a job at a unionized employer and refusing to join or pay their dues (free loading). Anyone that calls you a scab just because you choose to work for a non-union company is a moron and needs to educate theirselves on the subject. On behalf of all of the union people that know this, I would like to apologize to anyone that has been labeled a scab simply because they work for a non-union employer.

Just reporters not really investigating. The drivers shortage is not the big reason for the problems at the Ports of L.A. and Long Beach. Most of the current problem is a work slowdown by the Longshoremen.