FedEx Freight | FXFE Emploees: Who Stands Where?

Where do you stand

• Yes

Votes: 86 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 10.5%

• Total voters

I don't think there will never be a Union at FXF and here is why.

1) Fred is uber rich and a staunch anti-union man (my opinion) , He has a team of lawyers and staff to pound any organizing effort into the ground.
2) Most people who work here could not go 3 days without pay before getting their 50k pickup truck repossessed or their house foreclosed on.

My opinion (and this is my opinion only) is, If you want to work for a Union company, you should seek employment at one already unionized. I am not saying that to be snarky and act like your time here is of no importance, I am saying this because I think the possibility of a signed contract at FXF is about as good as winning the lottery. ...

Be happy, Life is short

While I agree with both of your points, I disagree that the outcome would be certain defeat. It would be challenging but there are legal protections (http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/employeerightsposter11x17_final.pdf) AND we are pretty reasonable as a group and we're not asking for unrealistic upgrades to our work environment.

As for leaving and going to a union shop... The problem with that is , I'd have to start at the bottom of THAT pay scale. Takes 4 years to climb to top. Before I/We start elsewhere at 17.10 hour, we should try to change it here.

Road only.. Undecided leaning yes. Only I wouldn't consider anything Master freight with YRC or ABF.. You get us linked up with BIG BROWN BUSTER then I'll listen.. Otherwise DON'T BOTHER

We get some OLD Upper Management in here like MIKE MOSS and those guys who got Pushed out the door when Sheridan went 6ft under maybe things would change... But CCX people sure did **** AWAY A GOOD THING HERE:) As I have said before..... With our resources We as company should HAVE A STRANGLE HOLD on the industry.... But instead we are strangling ourselves from just past the hourly ON UP THE LADDER!! Sad JUST SAD!

My view is that after 19 years this place is way far from the place I hired on at.... I don't like where we are headed in how we treat our people and I think it will only get worse in time.... Those who say no or sit on the fence, if they were to lose their jobs over some BS would wish they had voted yes I can tell you that. It isn't "it is what it is" at that point... For example you get forced out in icy conditions with empties and no matter how safe you are you slide into the guardrail and get whatever points and 3 years critical probation like someone did out of your barn Jeff... That could be any of us and it was WRONG. I would rather take my chanes and make things better for all of us. JMO.

I used to be totally against unions... Nowdays,, the way this company treats us,, not so sure... You new hires that think this is a great place to work might want to read between the lines,,, and see how this company treats people who know the freight buisness, "can" do a great job,, but they don't want us... Gone are the days I used to go out of my way to do an extra good job... Nowdays I just try to keep it to support my family... Thats all they get,, the bare minimum...

Oh ya,,,, road/dock YES

Indian man

I didn't vote!!!! So we're not allowed to read it either. I was simply replying to the grammar that was a little misleading. Sorry it upset you.

Last edited by a moderator:
He can't shut down the whole company it is a publicly held company. Grow up child don't believe everything fedex tells you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't realize I had to drag you down the path of common sense , but here we go. You must have not been around very long, because if you had, you would remember what happened when the boys at AF tried to unionize Chicago back in the day. That worked out real well when Sheridan shut down the terminal and ran everything around them until they got in line. That's exactly what would happen here. If you think it wouldn't you're smoking crack. Think Junior, think. Their excuse would be? Realignment. They have more lawyers than the teamsters have members. I grew up in a union house, I'm not anti union.

I've been here longer than you And we are not talking about one center we are talking about a whole company. Read the post so you'll know what we are talking about. Wake up have a cup of coffee before you jump on someone when you don't have a clue what your talking about.

All I know it depends on what barn you're out of talk to the Salt Lake drivers they been through hell and back damn it all because the management is on a power trip.

All the large centers are the same treat the employees like crap. But this is an equal opportunity company they treat read shirts like crap too.

Wow, I didn't realize I had to drag you down the path of common sense , but here we go. You must have not been around very long, because if you had, you would remember what happened when the boys at AF tried to unionize Chicago back in the day. That worked out real well when Sheridan shut down the terminal and ran everything around them until they got in line. That's exactly what would happen here. If you think it wouldn't you're smoking crack. Think Junior, think. Their excuse would be? Realignment. They have more lawyers than the teamsters have members. I grew up in a union house, I'm not anti union.
They cant route around everyone. If they route around Chicago where will the freight go? Indy? And if they want to route around Indy too? Fedex's model of short runs to hubs would blow up in their face if two adjacent hubs organized. Service would go in the toliet, customers threaten to bail, and all of a sudden the rerouted freight is back where it was

Indian man

I didn't vote!!!! So we're not allowed to read it either. I was simply replying to the grammar that was a little misleading. Sorry it upset you.
Ump were good..This is a lot to take in.Have not heard anything abt the Union in my neck of the woods,EST.

Yes. Currently road, but did city for over 10 yrs, and started as a dock hand. Did not support in 96 when they tried to organize my barn, but I'm all in Now!!

Seen to many good men and women lose their jobs over bull carp! I need a safety net against this unprofessional and morally bankrupt management.

To all my coworkers that are against union. I respect your opinion and I wish you the best. I just hope the purple monster doesn't chew you up and spit you out.