ABF | GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST! (NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's all act like grown men here and if someone says meet me on the get it off your chest tread... be a man and just meet them there. I do know one thing... they won't have to ask me twice. This way... we can all keep our home free of squabble. What do you guys think?

Okay let's try this on for size. If you have something to say don't high jack a thread.

Just come here and see where your post goes. TROLLS WELCOME.
I have a question. Once things are presented to you guys and if you don’t ultimately find things acceptable will enough guys be willing to walk the picket line? I’m sure you would Muler, but do think enough would be willing to? Remember it’s a numbers game. Some of you guys have nuts and the willingness to make a stand. But would the majority? That’s the million dollar question? See my brothers this is a double edged sword. If you walk the competition will most certainly come in and steal your freight that you may never get back. Do you think the majority will be afraid to walk knowing full well you would lose MAJOR market share? I just don’t see the tentative agreement being acceptable because it hardly ever is. It’s kind of like buying a truck at a dealership. You never get the best price at first. And sometimes you must walk because the sales manager isn’t willing to negotiate a good deal that’s acceptable to you.

Last edited:
I have a question. Once things are presented to you guys and if you don’t find things acceptable will enough guys be willing to walk the picket line. I’m sure you would Muler, but do think enough would be willing to? Remember it’s a numbers game. Some of you guys have nuts and the willingness to make a stand. But would the majority? That’s the million dollar question? See my brothers this is a double edged sword. If you walk the competition will most certainly come in and steal your freight that you may never get back. Do you think the majority will be afraid to walk knowing full well you would lose MAJOR market share?
I think the days of a national shut down of any trucking company for a strike are long gone. And many non union drivers may find that comforting. But they should really be concerned because that was the way many of them got their start. We Teamsters would shut down all the union freight companies and the non's made MILLIONS but that appears to be over thus now they have to compete for those dollars daily.

On the subject of striking. It can be done but it would involve a rolling strike. This is how it works the union decides a number of terminals is key places to strike for two days thus allowing Teamsters the three days to get forty hour pay because we get overtime after eight hours so with working three days and getting 10.50 hours overtime equals forty hours pay. And when we work three days in central region we get our health insurance paid. This keeps our families with their income and insurance and it is not killing abf just costing them some profits. Here is some food for thought for you non union drivers. Judy if she succeeds in destroying abf (if that is her plan who knows) would not just put us on the street it will put some of you on the street. Because she would have built a lean mean non union company that would under cut the current non union companies and we all know what all your companies did when the yrc companies cut wages and benefits, they slashed yours. So while all these haters wish us harm they all need to understand what they will have coming at them.

Last edited:
On the subject of striking. It can be done but it would involve a rolling strike.
The effect of a rolling strike would create a perception that the competition would jump all over. You would lose millions in market share. That’s the double edged sword you guys need to consider.

Besides we wouldn't lose it they would just shift it to one of arcbest companies.

You see the non's lose again. That is the freight you guys once got but now it just goes to our non union company.

I don't for see any strike of any type at abf.
Your not answering my question. You being a steward at a major hub for 20 years then I know you know your guys at least at your hub. If everything went to ::shit:: and you just ultimately couldn’t reach an agreement do you think your members would walk the picket line? This is strictly a hypothetical question.

NO because it is not a shut down.
Perception is everything Muler. The sales representatives at the nons would spin this and it would hurt ArcBest .... Don’t kid yourself Muler. This is a cut throat business and you should know that.

Perception is everything Muler. The sales representatives at the nons would spin this and it would hurt ArcBest .... Don’t kid yourself Muler. This is a cut throat business and you should know that.
IT has already been addressed with the customers. Do you really think arcbest hasn't made arrangements?

Not the days of old we have our own non union companies and we keep the money in arcbest instead of you guys getting it.

IT has already been addressed with the customers. Do you really think arcbest hasn't made arrangements?
And do you not think the nons haven’t addressed it as well? Like I said Muler, it’s perception and that perception is already being spun at FedEx and many more. I really hope ArcBest does the right thing and brings something that’s fair to the table. You guys have been ****ed long enough. I don’t wish bad things upon you guys I just want you to keep it real and understand what I just told you. This is a cut throat business.

And do you not think the nons haven’t addressed it as well? Like I said Muler, it’s perception and that perception is already being spun at FedEx and many more. I really hope ArcBest does the right thing and brings something that’s fair to the table. You guys have been ****ed long enough. I don’t wish bad things upon you guys I just want you to keep it real and understand what I just told you. This is a cut throat business.
Now I see. I think it is you guys that got the wrong impression. We the abf Teamsters want better for families but we are far from the poor house. Now if I take your post and didn't know better I would think you were not my enemy. But I make between $85,000.00 and $90,000.00 a year in the city at abf I have the best insurance in the business and I have a contract that ensures that the company will maintain the equipment that I drive in the best of condition. Getting f***ed no we just want more for our families. Perception means nothing to companies bottom lines mean everything. Perception is just a bull s**t word you chose to use.

I can not help it that you and others chose to accept less that is something that you decided and you have to live with it. It sure is funny guys that have no chance at a pension talks about our pension funds WHY? One way or another I will either receive my $4500.00 a month from the pension fund or a lesser amount if necessary. But the bottom line is I will be getting something compared to you guys getting no pensions.

So don't feel sorry for me I have sent kids through collage I won't ever starve. But no you can talk that crap to someone else I know who is and isn't getting screwed. Working for Pjax and the others that paid like them are the guys that got screwed.

Now I see. I think it is you guys that got the wrong impression. We the abf Teamsters want better for families but we are far from the poor house. Now if I take your post and didn't know better I would think you were not my enemy. But I make between $85,000.00 and $90,000.00 a year in the city at abf I have the best insurance in the business and I have a contract that ensures that the company will maintain the equipment that I drive in the best of condition. Getting f***ed no we just want more for our families. Perception means nothing to companies bottom lines mean everything. Perception is just a bull s**t word you chose to use.

I can not help it that you and others chose to accept less that is something that you decided and you have to live with it. It sure is funny guys that have no chance at a pension talks about our pension funds WHY? One way or another I will either receive my $4500.00 a month from the pension fund or a lesser amount if necessary. But the bottom line is I will be getting something compared to you guys getting no pensions.

So don't feel sorry for me I have sent kids through collage I won't ever starve. But no you can talk that crap to someone else I know who is and isn't getting screwed. Working for Pjax and the others that paid like them are the guys that got screwed.
The problem with you Muler is your just too defensive and you let your passion consume you. I don’t begrudge what you have and what you bring to the table. The way I see you now is that you want to be some sort of savior and act as if the nons are evil. We all are just trying to make a living too. We all are truck drivers and really should have that common bond. I have an IRA and 401K like the smart ones do. I know what I have and will never run out of money before I die. I’ve invested in properties and have made good financial decisions. I’m not here to compare what we have. You see all you want to do is attack when I simply ask you a simple question. Your cynicism shows through Muler. You just can’t hide it. You can’t save the world so you might as well learn to accept the things you can never change. These forums thrive on post like ours. The drama and confrontation sells. I find that rather disturbing. Just look at the threads that aren’t confrontational? They are dead. That pretty much sums up what our society has devolved into. It’s not that much to be proud of IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.