Yellow | Getting a lot of peddy crap orders and rules from this company I won't name.Putting that aside. What

linehaul55

Linehaul55
Credits
A lot of orders and rules from this company I won't name seem to be coming out lately..Putting that aside. What is _other_ at the bottom of our pay check? Other.
other- at the bottom of our pay check. Yes I said it mutipal times.
It use to be union equity and union wages. (our said 15%).
At least you knew who was robbing us. Now it's just Other.Seems these company's drum up things to make the worker miserable.Slow trucks,old lacking in mechanical care to say the least. Running old unsafe roads risking accident levels Verses a clean straight road or toll road. WHAT'S OTHER???????????

Do you want better equipment or a better paycheck? Because you're not getting both from YRC. You're paid with borrowed money. The equipment is leased and serviced with borrowed money. Every penny YRC makes that doesn't pay you or service equipment goes towards paying down their monstrous debt.

Other is a category. A miscellaneous category. There's no need to get your undies in a bunch over a word.

A lot of orders and rules from this company I won't name seem to be coming out lately..Putting that aside. What is _other_ at the bottom of our pay check? Other.
other- at the bottom of our pay check. Yes I said it mutipal times.
It use to be union equity and union wages. (our said 15%).
At least you knew who was robbing us. Now it's just Other.Seems these company's drum up things to make the worker miserable.Slow trucks,old lacking in mechanical care to say the least. Running old unsafe roads risking accident levels Verses a clean straight road or toll road. WHAT'S OTHER???????????
I do not have any other on my pay check !!! Or ever heard on anyone else have other !!! Maybe someone is garnishing your wages !!! IRS!!! Child support !!! Etc Etc!!!That's something you need to look into what other is??

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want better equipment or a better paycheck? Because you're not getting both from YRC. You're paid with borrowed money. The equipment is leased and serviced with borrowed money. Every penny YRC makes that doesn't pay you or service equipment goes towards paying down their monstrous debt.

Other is a category. A miscellaneous category. There's no need to get your undies in a bunch over a word.
We actually got tired of being screwed over by YRCW/teamsters and stuck together. They wouldn't have a choice to give us 15% pension back and better equipment. Whether borrowed or not. They will throw out there the threat of shuttin the doors. It won't happen yellow been in debt since before I was born (84) and always manage to wiggle out of debt crisis and start process over again. IMO

We actually got tired of being screwed over by YRCW/teamsters and stuck together. They wouldn't have a choice to give us 15% pension back and better equipment. Whether borrowed or not. They will throw out there the threat of shuttin the doors. It won't happen yellow been in debt since before I was born (84) and always manage to wiggle out of debt crisis and start process over again. IMO
With what money will they perform this amazing feat of giving you everything? You're making an awfully big assumption that YRC won't shut down. A lot of people thought the same thing about CF, and we all know how that one turned out.

YRC is not obligated to operate at a loss just to pay you and give you new equipment. Their debt load is massive, and it won't be up to YRC if you tough guys think you can get your way. The bank owns everything that has YRC's name on it, and they'll liquidate everything to get as much of what they're owed as possible if YRC can't pay.

Let me repeat that for you. YRC owns nothing. The bank owns everything. If YRC can't pay the bank, they file for bankruptcy. The bank seizes their assets and liquidates them to cover debt costs. And that means no more YRC. Which means no more jobs for union tough guys who would rather stab their company to death for money than help them survive to ask for more money when times are actually better.

With what money will they perform this amazing feat of giving you everything? You're making an awfully big assumption that YRC won't shut down. A lot of people thought the same thing about CF, and we all know how that one turned out.

YRC is not obligated to operate at a loss just to pay you and give you new equipment. Their debt load is massive, and it won't be up to YRC if you tough guys think you can get your way. The bank owns everything that has YRC's name on it, and they'll liquidate everything to get as much of what they're owed as possible if YRC can't pay.

Let me repeat that for you. YRC owns nothing. The bank owns everything. If YRC can't pay the bank, they file for bankruptcy. The bank seizes their assets and liquidates them to cover debt costs. And that means no more YRC. Which means no more jobs for union tough guys who would rather stab their company to death for money than help them survive to ask for more money when times are actually better.
You two contracts full of givebacks is stabbing them the back WOW. Just like on last contract on the second vote they came back with offer as last resort. Then Welch said during the vote they wouldn't close the doors just have to go back drawing board with the banks. Guys just got shook. CF started Conway and primed them up to take over when CF locked up IMO. Again yellow has always been in major debt for decades. As long as they have the regionals turning profits like they are the banks will keep forking over plenty cash like they always have.

You two contracts full of givebacks is stabbing them the back WOW. Just like on last contract on the second vote they came back with offer as last resort. Then Welch said during the vote they wouldn't close the doors just have to go back drawing board with the banks. Guys just got shook. CF started Conway and primed them up to take over when CF locked up IMO. Again yellow has always been in major debt for decades. As long as they have the regionals turning profits like they are the banks will keep forking over plenty cash like they always have.
How quickly you forget that even the union was aware that the bank was in charge of this deal, not YRC. The bank told YRC what they needed to refinance, YRC told the union.

If you think Yellow being in debt for decades is considered a good thing by any bank, then you don't understand how loans work. It doesn't matter how profitable the regionals are if the bank doesn't get paid what they want, when they want, under the terms they negotiated. And the bank doesn't care what you or your fellow Teamsters want to be paid, because all you are to them is a financial liability to their debtor.

If the debtor's financial liability exceeds a percentage the creditor isn't comfortable with, they can terminate the loan at will. Do you think if you only paid two thirds of your mortgage payment so your kids could play baseball, the bank wouldn't reposess your house?

The bank doesn't care if your kids want to play baseball, just like they don't care if you want to be paid more. That's not their problem. As far as they're concerned, if you want more money, you should go find someone who can afford to pay you.

And trust me, I think you deserve that money back. You've all given a lot to make this work for YRC and you should be rewarded. But that decision isn't mine, yours, or even YRC's. The bank tells YRC what they're allowed to pay you under the terms of the loan agreement. It's not fair to you, but Yellow never should have bought Roadway OR USF.

How quickly you forget that even the union was aware that the bank was in charge of this deal, not YRC. The bank told YRC what they needed to refinance, YRC told the union.

If you think Yellow being in debt for decades is considered a good thing by any bank, then you don't understand how loans work. It doesn't matter how profitable the regionals are if the bank doesn't get paid what they want, when they want, under the terms they negotiated. And the bank doesn't care what you or your fellow Teamsters want to be paid, because all you are to them is a financial liability to their debtor.

If the debtor's financial liability exceeds a percentage the creditor isn't comfortable with, they can terminate the loan at will. Do you think if you only paid two thirds of your mortgage payment so your kids could play baseball, the bank wouldn't reposess your house?

The bank doesn't care if your kids want to play baseball, just like they don't care if you want to be paid more. That's not their problem. As far as they're concerned, if you want more money, you should go find someone who can afford to pay you.

And trust me, I think you deserve that money back. You've all given a lot to make this work for YRC and you should be rewarded. But that decision isn't mine, yours, or even YRC's. The bank tells YRC what they're allowed to pay you under the terms of the loan agreement. It's not fair to you, but Yellow never should have bought Roadway OR USF.
Let's put it this way. When voting time comes mine is a automatic no if concessions are on the table. How they pay bills I don't care. If the lenders close the doors here that's their choice. I will make mine not gonna lose no more sleep worrying if corporate is gonna screw us over some more or permanently. Pray to keep my license clean and move onto the next chapter in driving career. IMO if the lenders or who ever decides what they can afford to pay us and its a low ball offer then they attach shut the doors/ take it or leave it. I just pray we leave it and call their bluff this time.

Let's put it this way. When voting time comes mine is a automatic no if concessions are on the table. How they pay bills I don't care. If the lenders close the doors here that's their choice. I will make mine not gonna lose no more sleep worrying if corporate is gonna screw us over some more or permanently. Pray to keep my license clean and move onto the next chapter in driving career. IMO if the lenders or who ever decides what they can afford to pay us and its a low ball offer then they attach shut the doors/ take it or leave it. I just pray we leave it and call their bluff this time.
By all means, do what you feel you must. That's the power of democracy. I hope you're right, but the banks today won't give money as freely as they did just a decade ago. If the Yellow/Roadway buyout were to be attempted today, Yellow wouldn't be loaned the money. Too high risk.

I hope that you all are able to successfully negotiate getting some of your money back. Even 5% would be an improvement. But I wouldn't count on getting it all back yet.

Do you want better equipment or a betteint paycheck? Because you're not getting both from YRC. You're paid with borrowed money. The equipment is leased and serviced with borrowed money. Every penny YRC makes that doesn't pay you or service equipment goes towards paying down their monstrous debt.

Excuse me but we have always been paid with borrowed money.you think these corps.just reach into their loose cash vault and dole you out a stack? Come again with another uninformed reply.

[QUOTGErc101, post: 996205, member: 35049"]I do not have any other on my pay check !!! Or ever heard on anyone else have other !!! Maybe someone is garnishing your wages !!! IRS!!! Child support !!! Etc Etc!!!That's something you need to look into what other is??
[/QUOTE]
Is OTHER meaning you might be paying child support?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!!! And how come yrc is not paying for better roads for us to drive on ??? Like some with no stoplights!!! Or having the interstate end right in our terminal yard???
When i worked Yellow's yard, one guy on bid from Indy to Evansville always went thru the shop. Indiana was exploring the route for a new I69. I asked that driver if the new road came thru Lane 6, cause everyone knows you cant go from Indy to Evansville unless you come thru here. It was the worst cussing I ever heard.

When i worked Yellow's yard, one guy on bid from Indy to Evansville always went thru the shop. Indiana was exploring the route for a new I69. I asked that driver if the new road came thru Lane 6, cause everyone knows you cant go from Indy to Evansville unless you come thru here. It was the worst cussing I ever heard.
Wasn't lane 6 a.k.a., clock milk avenue???

We have been helping this miss managed
POS company for 7 years.The management
is pathetic all they care about is letters and
keeping you beat down.100 million profit
last 2 qtrs not one word on giving us anything and they wonder why nobody gives a damn,while mgt gets theirs in bonuses and full pay back.We bust our butta for 85% pay while they get millions in bonuses. You tell me what's right about that.

The 10 million they gave Welch and 7 million they gave the other clown as "bonus" or pay raise in 2014. Who's money was that? The banks?

In another vote comes up I'd love to see a unanimous No! from the Union employees.
Vote with your feet or improve your working conditions and lifestyle by going to a YRC competitor. There is less competition outside the walls of Yrc than there is inside.

We have been helping this miss managed
POS company for 7 years.The management
is pathetic all they care about is letters and
keeping you beat down.100 million profit
last 2 qtrs not one word on giving us anything and they wonder why nobody gives a damn,while mgt gets theirs in bonuses and full pay back.We bust our butta for 85% pay while they get millions in bonuses. You tell me what's right about that.
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying you don't deserve it back. Their millions in bonuses come from stock, not cash. That's not right either, since there's no reason they can't do that for you, but a bonus is different from normal pay.

Excuse me but we have always been paid with borrowed money.you think these corps.just reach into their loose cash vault and dole you out a stack? Come again with another uninformed reply.
No. They pay you from their corporate bank account. That's not borrowed, smart guy.

All of YRC's profits are essentially focused on paying down the loan. You're not paid with actual borrowed money, as you are undoubtedly paid from the coffers, but what they pay you can't go towards financing equipment or paying down the loan.

You deserve your money back. I'm just explaining why you're unlikely to get all of it back during the next contract negotiation. And if the bank doesn't agree with the terms, they can exercise an option to foreclose on the loan and demand all of their money from YRC. YRC can't pay that, and it would bankrupt them. If you're okay with that, then go ahead and vote no. It's your choice, but make it a well informed choice.

Not to re- live the last mou , but you make a good point that the banks own everything at Yrc. Only problem with your argument is the banks don't want none of Yrc's junk, it's worthless, they want Yrc to keep making minimum interest payments, just like the credit card companies want you to do. We had more leverage than many people thought. And speaking of our junk we had our fifth city truck put out of service yesterday due to rusted out frame. I wonder if the cameras will help these 16 year old rusted truck frames?