Yellow | Getting a lot of peddy crap orders and rules from this company I won't name.Putting that aside. What

I actually believe that Overland Park is somewhat out of touch with its workforce.Some things are out of sync on what is said to be done and actually performed.Watching the reported numbers by each terminal is not a true account of what's going on on the ground.
Being a numbers guy yourself, I would think you could check this out further...

No. They pay you from their corporate bank account. That's not borrowed, smart guy.

All of YRC's profits are essentially focused on paying down the loan. You're not paid with actual borrowed money, as you are undoubtedly paid from the coffers, but what they pay you can't go towards financing equipment or paying down the loan.

You deserve your money back. I'm just explaining why you're unlikely to get all of it back during the next contract negotiation. And if the bank doesn't agree with the terms, they can exercise an option to foreclose on the loan and demand all of their money from YRC. YRC can't pay that, and it would bankrupt them. If you're okay with that, then go ahead and vote no. It's your choice, but make it a well informed choice.
So your saying that the10 mill that Walsh got and his little hippy buddy was approved by the bankers .Looks to me the only ones at YRC getting an ass whipping are the employees . Would you agree?

The holders of the notes are making every decision. Good, bad or indifferent. That is a fact. And if the Teamsters are able to extract an increase in wages and benefits, it will be meager at best. (< 10%) Anyone believing otherwise is fantasizing. My thoughts are, just getting back full vacation time and pay will be a monumental achievement. :idunno:

With what money will they perform this amazing feat of giving you everything? You're making an awfully big assumption that YRC won't shut down. A lot of people thought the same thing about CF, and we all know how that one turned out.

YRC is not obligated to operate at a loss just to pay you and give you new equipment. Their debt load is massive, and it won't be up to YRC if you tough guys think you can get your way. The bank owns everything that has YRC's name on it, and they'll liquidate everything to get as much of what they're owed as possible if YRC can't pay.

Let me repeat that for you. YRC owns nothing. The bank owns everything. If YRC can't pay the bank, they file for bankruptcy. The bank seizes their assets and liquidates them to cover debt costs. And that means no more YRC. Which means no more jobs for union tough guys who would rather stab their company to death for money than help them survive to ask for more money when times are actually better.
that's crazy talk, this company got money to pay the ceo a big bonus and raise, and buy camera's, you must be mangement

that's crazy talk, this company got money to pay the ceo a big bonus and raise, and buy camera's, you must be mangement
How many times does it have to be explained! Awards of stock as bonuses DOES NOT COST YRCW any money! As I and countless others have posted, stock has value ONLY WHEN SOLD! So any money senior management gets from stock awards is when it is sold to someone else. I don't know how to explain it any simpler, UNLESS I GET OUT CRAYONS! :duh::duh::duh:

How many times does it have to be explained! Awards of stock as bonuses DOES NOT COST YRCW any money! As I and countless others have posted, stock has value ONLY WHEN SOLD! So any money senior management gets from stock awards is when it is sold to someone else. I don't know how to explain it any simpler, UNLESS I GET OUT CRAYONS! :duh::duh::duh:
Maybe you could post a copy of our renowned accounting firms weekly newsletter on here bag?? May help clear up some of these misconceptions....

I've got a better (and snarkier) idea. Let's get Pud and Otter to do a YouTube video! :hilarious: We could even do :popcorn:coupons! Redeemable at 309!
Or see if we could get them on Mad Money with Cramer and have him explain it on the Daily Booyah???

So your saying that the10 mill that Walsh got and his little hippy buddy was approved by the bankers .Looks to me the only ones at YRC getting an ass whipping are the employees . Would you agree?
For the last time, since you obviously picked through what I said and completely ignored the rest, Welch was paid his bonus in STOCKS. My Teamster buddies albag and BRG are gonna have an aneurysm.

The bankers do not have to sign off on stock rewards because they have NO MONETARY VALUE until they are sold to the market! He sold his granted shares to market investors for $10,000,000. That WAS NOT YRC's money!

Go to GreenDoor.com.Read some of the terrible reviews from present to former employees.Management and labor alike.simply astonishing the amount of negative feed back.Its a wonder that we move any freight at all.
We hear about lack of training for supervisors to an old antiquated IT system.Complaints about lazy union people (no that can't be).How most of the sales is done from an outside source in the Phillipines.man o man just too many to list here.How the company can't retain new empkoyees.Bonuses given to the executives while the many that have stayed and sacrificed have not had a meaningful raise in years.One work even commented about the lack of representation by the union.Another complained about the labor man in Richfield Ohio being a banana.plus a lack of maturity and intellectualism.all these reviews from 2015.One even said something about Marietta Ga.402 management' were ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ.One of the biggies was about old equipment.Management spending money on projects whereby the money couldve been put back into the workforces pocket. Some said don't come here
Some said too many hours at homewaiting on a work call

bigtruk_us post: 997651 said:
Go to GreenDoor.com.Read some of the terrible reviews from present to former employees.Management and labor alike.simply astonishing the amount of negative feed back.Its a wonder that we move any freight at all.
We hear about lack of training for supervisors to an old antiquated IT system.Complaints about lazy union people (no that can't be).How most of the sales is done from an outside source in the Phillipines.man o man just too many to list here.How the company can't retain new empkoyees.Bonuses given to the executives while the many that have stayed and sacrificed have not had a meaningful raise in years.One work even commented about the lack of representation by the union.Another complained about the labor man in Richfield Ohio being a banana.plus a lack of maturity and intellectualism.all these reviews from 2015.One even said something about Marietta Ga.402 management' were ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ.One of the biggies was about old equipment.Management spending money on projects whereby the money couldve been put back into the workforces pocket. Some said don't come here
Not GreenDoor.com it is GlassDoor.com

Not GreenDoor.com it is GlassDoor.com
Note that I have never denied that things suck there. I'm just trying to set the record straight as to why it sucks. People need to understand that the company isn't just tossing around cash. YRC is at the mercy of the bank that's financing their loan, and they spend nothing without permission.

The cameras, for example, I doubt YRC owns. They're probably leasing them because it would be too expensive to buy that many units outright with as many trucks as they have, and it's unlikely the bank would let them spend a few million for that. Leasing, however, probably saves them more than the fee in insurance without the massive cost up front. And they can return the cameras in exchange for more modern units, too. L

Most carriers that run e-logs already don't own them. I imagine the cameras are the same.

For the last time, since you obviously picked through what I said and completely ignored the rest, Welch was paid his bonus in STOCKS. My Teamster buddies albag and BRG are gonna have an aneurysm.

The bankers do not have to sign off on stock rewards because they have NO MONETARY VALUE until they are sold to the market! He sold his granted shares to market investors for $10,000,000. That WAS NOT YRC's money!
You are correct in everything you said. Especially the part (has no value till sold). von.

You are correct in everything you said. Especially the part (has no value till sold). von.
Thank you, von, Canadian Flyer, Triplex, Elwood, BRG and so many others. What really astounds me, is the complete lack of comprehension by so many. And that somehow, by explaining how stock awards work you side with senior management. The facts are indisputable, by using stock awards for senior management compensation, it encourages them to make sound financial decisions. Anecdotal examples of waste are just that, ANECDOTAL! Since Welch has returned there has been steady and sustained progress towards real profitability. Just because some disagree doesn't make those decisions wrong. In the intensely competitive LTL market it is a testament to their ability, as well as the sacrifices that we Teamsters have endured, that YRCW remains a viable enterprise. Because unlike Teamsters, who are paid regardless, senior management's compensation is tied to the value of the stock!

I've been saying for awhile now, that this current contract cannot stand without YRC bleeding out from within. Most on here disagree with me, but at some point you have to pay market rate, or close, especially with the driver shortage, and I think there's a shortage of quality people who are willing to work the dock and brave the weather as well. We had a dock boss quit a few months ago and they told me they haven't had a raise or anything contributed to their retirement in the form of pension or 401 payments since the merger. Everyone left at this company is getting up in the years, and if they can't attract new workers, dock, drivers, supervisors, YRC will be a thing of the past.

I've been saying for awhile now, that this current contract cannot stand without YRC bleeding out from within. Most on here disagree with me, but at some point you have to pay market rate, or close, especially with the driver shortage, and I think there's a shortage of quality people who are willing to work the dock and brave the weather as well. We had a dock boss quit a few months ago and they told me they haven't had a raise or anything contributed to their retirement in the form of pension or 401 payments since the merger. Everyone left at this company is getting up in the years, and if they can't attract new workers, dock, drivers, supervisors, YRC will be a thing of the past.
100% agreement. The only employees not suffering are senior management. That is one of the reasons I get sick and tired of the BS about supervisors got this back or that back. They are as abused as the Teamsters if not worse.

100% agreement. The only employees not suffering are senior management. That is one of the reasons I get sick and tired of the BS about supervisors got this back or that back. They are as abused as the Teamsters if not worse.
No denying the senior corporate management have golden parachutes. If the company tanks, they lose their bonuses but they will still be okay. It's at the local level where morale is undoubtedly at its worst, and something will have to change. I, for one, hope you all can get some of your money back in the next contract.

It is all about perception. I agree with you on the banks control of YRC. The one who owns the debit is the King, & he alone decides if the doors are open or closed. When any debit becomes too expensive to maintain, then they will call the note & game over. Now it is easy for me to post my idea because I am retiring from ABF this month. But, I would vote no in a heartbeat to any concessions. When the King buys cameras & spends money on anything but the core value of the company (equipment, property, wages, etc) then it is time to force his hand. I say pay the rate or lock the gate. The rank & file has given up 15% in the last 4 years in wages, not to mention 25% on the dollar for the pension. Force their hand, increase the wage & pension payments or lock the gate. Von.

With what money will they perform this amazing feat of giving you everything? You're making an awfully big assumption that YRC won't shut down. A lot of people thought the same thing about CF, and we all know how that one turned out.

YRC is not obligated to operate at a loss just to pay you and give you new equipment. Their debt load is massive, and it won't be up to YRC if you tough guys think you can get your way. The bank owns everything that has YRC's name on it, and they'll liquidate everything to get as much of what they're owed as possible if YRC can't pay.

Let me repeat that for you. YRC owns nothing. The bank owns everything. If YRC can't pay the bank, they file for bankruptcy. The bank seizes their assets and liquidates them to cover debt costs. And that means no more YRC. Which means no more jobs for union tough guys who would rather stab their company to death for money than help them survive to ask for more money when times are actually better.

What "money" are you commenting on?
The 896 Orange barn, custom ordered a brand new 40 foot 2 axle trailer with attached lift-gate. Yes, a 40 foot trailer! Want a picture???
I noticed it this week after returning from vacation and is utilized on the Cypress route.

Last edited:
What "money" are you commenting on?
The 896 Orange barn, custom ordered a brand new 40 foot 2 axle trailer with attached lift-gate. Yes, a 40 foot trailer! Want a picture???
I noticed it this week after returning from vacation and is utilized on the Cypress route.
Would you prefer if YRC did not allot anything for new equipment leasing? Should city drivers keep using old trailers with rotten king pins to peddle their runs? I suppose you think it's okay for city drivers to drive around in 20 year old tractors with holes in the frames?

The bank has allowed YRC a budget for equipment replacement. Why? Because YRC can't pay if they can't move freight.

And before you argue that they need drivers to operate that equipment, you're right. I'm not suggesting you don't deserve the money. I'm saying that the bank doesn't care about you right now.