Estes | Gi Pay

MR.Viking said:
Hate to disappoint you but I don't work for G.I. but I've had the pleasure of running into quit a few G.I. drivers during my P&D days. Most were dedicated and hard working guys who didn't mind giving a rookie driver some advice! Thats the reason I come on here and go to bat for G.I.

Whats your reason for the bashing?

You got it all right there Mr. Viking. Most of us on the road try to help each other and maybe make a few friends along the way. Sorta like what this board is mostly like. Good to have you here. Where are you mostly on the board? Should I take it your name has a lot to do with it?:duh:

MTHelmet said:
You got it all right there Mr. Viking. Most of us on the road try to help each other and maybe make a few friends along the way. Sorta like what this board is mostly like. Good to have you here. Where are you mostly on the board? Should I take it your name has a lot to do with it?:duh:

Thanks MThelmet!! I've always enjoyed learning new tricks of the trade, and who better to ask then those who been doing it for 15-30 years. :bgroovy: any sign of gearshifter?

MR.Viking said:
Thanks MThelmet!! I've always enjoyed learning new tricks of the trade, and who better to ask then those who been doing it for 15-30 years. :bgroovy: any sign of gearshifter?
Got an email from Gearshifter. He's off the board until this weekend, extremely busy week due to work and personal. Look for him Saturday night. Let him know you're asking. :cool:

Gearshifter or MTH, I heard from a friend at Estes West that they are going to 70% meets. Is that true for you guys at your terminals?

steve5 said:
Gearshifter or MTH, I heard from a friend at Estes West that they are going to 70% meets. Is that true for you guys at your terminals?
The rumour is there, but of course don't we need the drivers to do it? Gearshifter will be back tomorrow night.

MTHelmet said:
The rumour is there, but of course don't we need the drivers to do it? Gearshifter will be back tomorrow night.
Might cover with sleeper teams from east or contractors. Also heard company o/o's have to become company soon, some drivers from LMI maybe leaving soon just waiting for word from company applied to. I'm getting a little frustrated over here, lots of hype about brown but aside from uniforms and placard on side of truck nothing has changed since Feb. I might be a little impatient.

I feel for you guys over on the left coast that work for G.I.They were always a top notch company to work for.Estes on the other hand,well i won't say.You fill in the blanks!Lets just say that their human resources office has a revolving door.Enough said!

Moparman said:
I feel for you guys over on the left coast that work for G.I.They were always a top notch company to work for.Estes on the other hand,well i won't say.You fill in the blanks!Lets just say that their human resources office has a revolving door.Enough said!
Yeah Moparman, more and more is beginning to happen. Our optimism is pretty much at an end now. Just heard about Reno dockworkers losing overtime pay. Guess them and some more drivers leaving shortly. More to follow when more facts come in.

steve5 said:
Steve5 most of the linehaul runs are meets/turns except for Calif. The dynamics of Calif driver pools cut times traffic has always been a good reason they left layovers in place. But now with the departure of drivers what chose are they having to make we will see.The creation of FAC Centers is being rumored about. A Conway thing that proved very good. But trying to reproduce what other company's have profected doesn't always work. :bgroovy:

steve5 said:
Might cover with sleeper teams from east or contractors. Also heard company o/o's have to become company soon, some drivers from LMI maybe leaving soon just waiting for word from company applied to. I'm getting a little frustrated over here, lots of hype about brown but aside from uniforms and placard on side of truck nothing has changed since Feb. I might be a little impatient.
Yes the company o/op's are all gone. They are in company trucks again. My contacts told me there is 4 to 5 drivers in the process of departing LMI we know who hired them :duh: But lets not forget about RIV REN IDY Many are waiting to get there start dates. My suggestion for you is stick it out at brown I wish I was there going through the change over. It will be your last job you will ever need.:bgroovy:

Moparman said:
Welcome aboard Ya Estes has taken a company wrapped it all up and threw it all over the ground like jacks now they are trying to pick up all the jacks and put them all together again. But some got lost in the process Take care :bgroovy:

MTHelmet said:
Yeah Moparman, more and more is beginning to happen. Our optimism is pretty much at an end now. Just heard about Reno dockworkers losing overtime pay. Guess them and some more drivers leaving shortly. More to follow when more facts come in.
MtHelmet let me tell you that terminal is all up in arms. I hear people walked off the job Friday. Next door is the Fedex yard with there big sign saying we need drivers dockworkers opppps :duh: well you guess by now Fedex just got some needed help and by the way they pay overtime after 8 hrs.....

MR.Viking said:
Mr.Viking thanks for the concern I just wanted to let things cool off with the bashing and let others bring in some good comments and maybe weed out some bad :bgroovy: Our drivers that have went over to dark side say they can see the light and it's a great thing. The electric shock done them well and they say it's great to be with a winning team. :bgroovy:

DRIVERMAN77077 said:
Why On This Board Do You Only Hear From Fromer Gi Drivers Crying About How Bad Estes Is?how Great Gi Was.and These Gi Guys Still Are Working At Estes!what A Joke!
You have it all wrong. Why did Estes make you the commentator. Stop being there puppet and get us some good news we can comment about. You could tell why Estes passed up with UPS or the biggest day ever in revenue, the change in management JR's new sidekick, things like that. :smilie_132: :wavey:

jawn113 said:
That's it! Get Admin on the line. Heads are gonna roll! Let's :sign0024: him!:tribehasspoken:
Oh well we tried to get them to mello out but it's over now. We all know the rules and if this was happening bye bye bye:bgroovy:

Thanks FAMILYMAN. We really did try to get through to the guy and even change our tune with him, but oh well. This is a great site and hope we can get more drivers here. Will be trying to get the website posted around. You have a good one:smilie_132: