FedEx Freight | Ground shipping

My wife had packages to send to family in another state. She wanted me come with her to use badge for discount at ground.

I said absolutely not! Ship UPS! I have no faith in ground to get across the street much less another state.

Anyone else feel the same?
You really think UPS is better? :duh::hysterical:
truck-upside-down.jpg

I've only had issues with ground once. It was rectified by chewy, but ground was useless in resolving the issue. They assured me it was left at the right house because of the GPS coordinates. I asked for the coordinates, but they couldn't share the information. I can know the exact physical address, but not the coordinates.

The neighbor that had my packages was an elderly man with bone cancer. He called FedEx and told them he had packages at his house that weren't his. After a week of back of forth with them, he knocked on my door to tell me he had my packages, but he couldn't lift them..I went and picked them up.

So, you have 2 people calling with the same tracking info and shipping address and they still can't solve it.

I'm considering having my FedEx packages delivered to Dollar General, but I don't trust them either. Maybe Walgreens, but that's a longer drive.

My wife had packages to send to family in another state. She wanted me come with her to use badge for discount at ground.

I said absolutely not! Ship UPS! I have no faith in ground to get across the street much less another state.

Anyone else feel the same?
I used my discount with express and it was definitely a discount. My packages arrived on time and good to go. Wouldn’t use ground!!! Stay away!!!

Update. So UPS store was closed. So against my better judgment we went to FedEx office. So the nice lady with rainbow colored glasses and masked up to prevent whatever waited on us.

$59 to ship ground or $74 to ship express. I didn't even hesitate when I said EXPRESS!

I've hauled for Express once. Didn't get to go inside the facility, but everyone I interacted with was very professional, and they seemed to have a good system. No experience with Ground.

My brother worked for UPS a while ago. They loaded the trailers by hand with loose packages. Express loads the packages into big aluminum containers, and load those on the trailer. Not sure how FXG does it. Loading lose packages seems highly inefficient.

I've seen more FXG trucks in ditches than UPS. UPS typically won't drive more than 46 MPH, while FXG blows past me so fast they almost take my mirrors off.

I've hauled for Express once. Didn't get to go inside the facility, but everyone I interacted with was very professional, and they seemed to have a good system. No experience with Ground.

My brother worked for UPS a while ago. They loaded the trailers by hand with loose packages. Express loads the packages into big aluminum containers, and load those on the trailer. Not sure how FXG does it. Loading lose packages seems highly inefficient.

I've seen more FXG trucks in ditches than UPS. UPS typically won't drive more than 46 MPH, while FXG blows past me so fast they almost take my mirrors off.
It is -15% less efficient to load packages loose i.heard...at least that is what Wong told me....