TForce | heads up Christmas holiday

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
the company is saying linehaul is not workink Friday dec. 26 and most city drivers will not work either.

If you do not work you will get paid for the 24 or the 25 unless you use a vacation day or discretionary day.

Evfen if your available to work but the company does not have work you will not get paid for either 3 days.

I bet all discretionary days will be paid out the first of December so we can't use them to get paid.

I heard that today too. Unless you have a discretionary or vacation day to use, most terminals will be dark and you will not be paid the holidays. Meanwhile I have found out that all the Non-Union terminals will be paid the holidays if the terminals are dark on the fridays after christmas and New Years. We all are screwed again.

the company is saying linehaul is not workink Friday dec. 26 and most city drivers will not work either.

If you do not work you will (not?) get paid for the 24 or the 25 unless you use a vacation day or discretionary day.

Evfen if your available to work but the company does not have work you will not get paid for either 3 days.

I bet all discretionary days will be paid out the first of December so we can't use them to get paid.

BS! :toxic:

The 26th is a Service Day.

If You have an Unapproved Absence (Book Off Sick) - Either the Day Before or the Day After (23rd. or 26th.) then Yes, the Company Could Make a Case for Not Paying You the Holiday's (24th. and 25th.)

(as long as You have Discretionary Day's Remaining - to Cover the Day that You Book Off... then the Company will have a Hard Time Enforcing Non-Payment of the Holiday's - based on an Unexcused Absence... but, They will Try... and You will Probably have to Grieve the Results)

The Ninty Percentile - is Guaranteed Eight (8) Hours Pay for the 26th. - Regardless if the Company Decides to Run Us or Not...

There is Only One (1) way for the Company to Avoid this Guarantee...

And I look Forward to Seeing if They Figure it Out...

If you do not work you will get paid for the 24 or the 25 unless you use a vacation day or discretionary day.

Sounds like another grievance. If the company has no work to offer, then how can one work.

I heard that today too. Unless you have a discretionary or vacation day to use, most terminals will be dark and you will not be paid the holidays. Meanwhile I have found out that all the Non-Union terminals will be paid the holidays if the terminals are dark on the fridays after christmas and New Years. We all are screwed again.

It will be an easy win in a grievance hearing. There is not an arbitrator in the world who will not see through this B.S. Past practice also applies.

I am hearing no turkey's from the TM, I consider it pretty amazing that this company more or less pushes us in the direction of union and now we are the bad guy's, I do not remember anyone being this disgruntled before we were union.

Which leads me to Nik's Theory of "DIVIDE AND CONQUER". Appearently UPS does not need a freight company that bad after all.

Appearently UPS does not need a freight company that bad after all.

O' They need a Freight Company all right... (We are the Future!)

They just want Us to be like the Pkg... (Have You Ever Talked with Pkg. Drivers? Have You ever Noticed How Lackluster and Un-Enthusiastic They are Regarding Change and Involvement?)

See, We haven't been brought up through the Machine...

We haven't been Programmed Alike...

So, to Achieve this... Brown is going to continue Agitating the Workforce... Until We have Loss - All Our Fight.

Cause a Disturbance... Evaluate the Reaction & Outcome - then do it again and again and again...

Until We are Broken and Divided.

Your basing this on the assumption that the grievence will actually be heard at sometime or another.

Your Right!

See, I agree with Filing...

Although, the Reality of things is this...

I will Guarantee You that 75-90% of All Grievances Filed to Date will be Dismissed...

Settled with an Understanding of Change Moving Forward!

And I would like to know who negotiated the part about "Any body hired after the contract has to work a Full Year before we get paid Holiday's"

So I can expect to work a maximum of 2 days both Christmas and New years week if I work at all and get no holiday pay!

Bah Humbug
TR10driving03.gif

What if the holiday came on a Monday? Do they not pay you because you did not work on Sunday? I'm not sure what your source is, but I highly doubt this is true.

I understand if they are not working on Friday the 26th that we do not get paid for it, but to take away the holiday for that reason is a quite a stretch.

If you had an unexcused absence on the following Monday the 29th I would think that would jeopardize your holiday pay. Then again, payroll for the previous week would be finished and they would have no way of knowing if you worked or not...

It'll be interesting to see what exactly happens.

BS! :toxic:

The 26th is a Service Day.

If You have an Unapproved Absence (Book Off Sick) - Either the Day Before or the Day After (23rd. or 26th.) then Yes, the Company Could Make a Case for Not Paying You the Holiday's (24th. and 25th.)

(as long as You have Discretionary Day's Remaining - to Cover the Day that You Book Off... then the Company will have a Hard Time Enforcing Non-Payment of the Holiday's - based on an Unexcused Absence... but, They will Try... and You will Probably have to Grieve the Results)

The Ninty Percentile - is Guaranteed Eight (8) Hours Pay for the 26th. - Regardless if the Company Decides to Run Us or Not...

There is Only One (1) way for the Company to Avoid this Guarantee...

And I look Forward to Seeing if They Figure it Out...

You have not read the contract correctly. You are only guaranteed 8 hours of work when put to work. If they decide not to put us to work we are not guaranteed anything. Teamsters screwed us again with this Dang contract!

What if the holiday came on a Monday? Do they not pay you because you did not work on Sunday? I'm not sure what your source is, but I highly doubt this is true.

I understand if they are not working on Friday the 26th that we do not get paid for it, but to take away the holiday for that reason is a quite a stretch.

If you had an unexcused absence on the following Monday the 29th I would think that would jeopardize your holiday pay. Then again, payroll for the previous week would be finished and they would have no way of knowing if you worked or not...

It'll be interesting to see what exactly happens.

Holidays are based on the Mon-Fri work week. A friday holiday would mean working Thurs and Monday. Management has been told that corrections would have to be issued if employees were unexcused on Mondays after payroll was completed. We will not be paid the holidays this year as our manager stated that we will close on the Friday after christmas also and there will be no work, so anyone that has used their discretionary days or vacation etc, will lose out on the holiday pay!

The problem is the wording in the contract it states you must work the day before and the day after to be paid for the holiday unless on a paid absence ie. discretionary day, personal holiday, vacation day. It's supposed to say you must work your "scheduled day" before and your "scheduled day" after the holiday to be paid. We had our BA take this to UPS labor relations today after our PCM right now it looks like we will get paid for the holidays but not the friday after xmas. The wording of the contract does say guranteed 8 and or 40 when put to work but were going to try and be paid for friday also. Figure we'll ask for all 3 days and be happy with just getting the 2 holiday days. Keep in mind this is not just a xmas thing if the wed. before thanksgiving is slow and they dont work you according to this PCM they wont have to pay you for thanksgiving or the friday after and the same holds true for new years day.

The contract guarantees 8 hours of pay per scheduled day when put to work, ''the standard guaranteed work week will be 40 hours; it does not say if put to work'. Work will be scheduled mon thru fri or tues thru sat. The bottom line is that casuals and non-guaranteed are screwed. Guaranteed guys will get their 40 hours either by grievance or cooroperation. If the company shuts the doors on the 26th they still owe the guarantees 40 hours that week. so if you work say 9.5-mon, then 13-tues, holiday wed-thurs-and then the company says no work fri. Well they owe you 20.5 hours. :hysterical:

You have not read the contract correctly. You are only guaranteed 8 hours of work when put to work. If they decide not to put us to work we are not guaranteed anything. Teamsters screwed us again with this shi**y contract!

You back again? the standard guaranteed work week shall be 40 hours. The fact is stated in section 3 that all hours over 10 worked per day shall not apply to the guarantee but paid in addition to the guarantee. The guarantee being 40 hours.:1036316054:

Holidays are based on the Mon-Fri work week. A friday holiday would mean working Thurs and Monday. Management has been told that corrections would have to be issued if employees were unexcused on Mondays after payroll was completed. We will not be paid the holidays this year as our manager stated that we will close on the Friday after christmas also and there will be no work, so anyone that has used their discretionary days or vacation etc, will lose out on the holiday pay!

This one issue will result in a shortage of paper for all of the grievances that are going to be filed. Seems really "Scrooge Like" to close as a way to avoid paying holidays. That's not really how I feel but I'm trying to keep this clean...