TForce | heads up Christmas holiday

Here is the reason why UPS is doing this. MONEY! The company realized it would be short on the 40 hr workweek guarantee for all guaranteed employees. Thus they would have to either pay a bunch of guys the guaranteed 8 for little or no work on dec 26 or face grievances for the a shortage on the 40 hr guarantee. Either way they lose. So, they decide to screw the guys they can, the casuals and non-guaranteed and force all the rest to grieve for our money. saving themselves about $5,000,000 on the 4th quarter report. Then pay all the guarantees later in the 1st quarter. Also hoping many are too lazy to file the grievances, thus making more money. That's all it's about MONEY! Merry Christmas everyone! By the way UPS, you can rest assured that all prosepctive employees will be notified of this during the hiring process.

I have not seen anything in writing regarding Friday being a non service day. I can't get any manager to tell me that its official that no one will be working Friday. Either way I don't believe any of this talk about not being paid for the two Holidays unless you refuse to come to work on Friday if they need you. I fully expect that we will be paid for Wednesday & Thursday Holidays and Friday will be without pay if there is no work available unless you have a vacation day,sick day or personal day that can be used.

I have not seen anything in writing regarding Friday being a non service day. I can't get any manager to tell me that its official that no one will be working Friday. Either way I don't believe any of this talk about not being paid for the two Holidays unless you refuse to come to work on Friday if they need you. I fully expect that we will be paid for Wednesday & Thursday Holidays and Friday will be without pay if there is no work available unless you have a vacation day,sick day or personal day that can be used.

You can believe it because I saw the letter and it even quotes the contract. The contract simply states if you dont work before and after you dont get paid. It doesnt say anything about being available for work but there's no work to do. Just another loosely worded clause that UPS is trying to use against us. That being said there is an unconfirmed rumor in CMS last night that this letter was put out by Phil B who is the UPS Labor Mgr and he did it without consulting with anyone else. There were so many irate phone calls to HR yesterday that when UPS found out what he did they retracted the letter and fired him. BTW his office is in CMS so there could be some truth to it. The supervisors in CMS were all tight lipped and would not confirm this but the drivers say it happened. Still waiting for confirmation.

You can believe it because I saw the letter and it even quotes the contract. The contract simply states if you dont work before and after you dont get paid. It doesnt say anything about being available for work but there's no work to do. Just another loosely worded clause that UPS is trying to use against us. That being said there is an unconfirmed rumor in CMS last night that this letter was put out by Phil B who is the UPS Labor Mgr and he did it without consulting with anyone else. There were so many irate phone calls to HR yesterday that when UPS found out what he did they retracted the letter and fired him. BTW his office is in CMS so there could be some truth to it. The supervisors in CMS were all tight lipped and would not confirm this but the drivers say it happened. Still waiting for confirmation.

Unbelievable!!!that could become a legal issue. At any rate we all will be paid for the holidays unless we refuse any work that might be available on Friday. And you must work Tuesday.

You have not read the contract correctly.:duh: You are only guaranteed 8 hours of work when put to work. If they decide not to put us to work we are not guaranteed anything.

You are well within Your Right to Interpret the Contract as You see fit...

Myself... I choose not to read the Language of the Contract with a Defeated Attitude...

There is Always and Different Way of Seeing Things!

Look Beyond the Obvious...

Find a way to Interpret what is Written to Our Benefit – First!

Opening the Door to Negotiation... Rather then Settling for a One Sided Perspective and or Understanding!

Teamsters screwed us again with this shi**y contract!

This or Any Contract is Only as Good as You Make IT!

An extra board (on call) employeee could not have his/her holiday taken away by not working a day he/she is not called to work. Would have to be available the last call before & first call after the holiday.

let see...

21.55 x 16 hours = 344.8

344.8 x 12,500 = 4,310,000

the cost of letting all of your employees down Priceless!

Well if this letter was retracted, we have heard the news this morning, really nice, just like the turkey's, some of us go out day after day busting our humps, and these greaseballs in the main office comeout with crap like this.

And this is crap, just yesterday I see a refer unit rolling into the UPS yard with turkey's in it for thankgiving for the small package guy's.

They are union, so is UPS Cartage, they must hate us.

REALLY BAD. I guess I will have to remember this when I am giving it my all on a P&D Run next time.

Are you talking about weekend fever?
Thats when you need one more day to recover from the activity you did on the other 2 days.

Or the other workers medical condition,called 'I don't feel like working itius'.
that can come on very fast,and may take anywhere from 1 day to a week to be well enough to return to your normal work duties.

selling the soul

if i was a terminal manager i would have to hire an actor and call him regional somebody cuz i dont think i could look my people in the face and tell them this evil crap.

The locals in so. Cali. are furious. They have came to the terminals and posted their own memos stating that we will get payed. I got a feeling some old Overnite management is about to be sent packing. Terminal managers are really getting bizarre lately. UPS will only put up with so much of their tyrannical behavior. They are creating an atmosphere that is not good for business. So sad. Teamster Elvis out....

Everyone come in on the friday, punch in, fill out your log book for 15 min on duty not driving, and go change a marker light or something then scan out and go home.

I Just got a phone call from the linehaul steward.He said he received a call from a rep in DC and said we WILL get paid for the day after Christmas.UP yours mgmt

I Just got a phone call from the linehaul steward.He said he received a call from a rep in DC and said we WILL get paid for the day after Christmas.UP yours mgmt

Were talking about holiday pay if we dont work on the 26th. The 26th is not a holiday. Why would you get paid for it?