TForce | heads up Christmas holiday

we should get paid b/c we are guaranteed 8 hrs/40 per week. Ninety percenters that is

OK but thats a different subject. We're talking about the letter thats says we wont get holiday pay if we dont work. That affects road drivers much differently. Runs get cut Wed before Thanksgiving, Fri after xmas, New Years eve, Fri after New Years day...theres a lot at stake here...especially for an extra board road driver.

I was talking to a Package driver today. They have the same rule, In order to get paid for the holidays they must take a vacation or discretionary day after the holiday if they do not work. I spoke to our manager today and he said that this was negotiated between the teamsters and UPS. He stated that the union should have advised us of this as it is in the contract and it was agreed to. He also said he just heard about this the other day and to give the meeting so everyone gets the chance to use their days for the holiday pay. This was at 3pm today so nothing has been reversed. I spoke to the Steward who said the BA was looking into it but the BA told him that the company looks like they are correct. Nice of them to stand up for us. Kicker is that the Non-union terminals ( I think there are 6 of them left) will all be paid the holidays whether they work or not! What has this contract done for us except screw us over at every turn! I am losing faith in the teamsters especially since the last 4 greivances filed have been won by the company including 2 employees terminated.

I was talking to a Package driver today. They have the same rule, In order to get paid for the holidays they must take a vacation or discretionary day after the holiday if they do not work. I spoke to our manager today and he said that this was negotiated between the teamsters and UPS. He stated that the union should have advised us of this as it is in the contract and it was agreed to. He also said he just heard about this the other day and to give the meeting so everyone gets the chance to use their days for the holiday pay. This was at 3pm today so nothing has been reversed. I spoke to the Steward who said the BA was looking into it but the BA told him that the company looks like they are correct. Nice of them to stand up for us. Kicker is that the Non-union terminals ( I think there are 6 of them left) will all be paid the holidays whether they work or not! What has this contract done for us except screw us over at every turn! I am losing faith in the teamsters especially since the last 4 greivances filed have been won by the company including 2 employees terminated.

Interesting, I talked to a UPS feeder driver last nite and he said he has never heard of such a rule. He said they only need to work the day before or the day after, not both. And if they are available to work but no work is available they still receive their holiday pay.

The locals in so. Cali. are furious. They have came to the terminals and posted their own memos stating that we will get payed. I got a feeling some old Overnite management is about to be sent packing. Terminal managers are really getting bizarre lately. UPS will only put up with so much of their tyrannical behavior. They are creating an atmosphere that is not good for business. So sad. Teamster Elvis out....

And its obvious we come from the same neighborhood. I had my fair share of odd incidents involving management.

Management-> :chairshot: <-Me

Nonunion SVC are getting turkeys on friday,and we dont have to worry about the holiday pay. I'm so glad you guys and gals are fighting this before we scabbys get sucked into the Wrath of Brown.

This is NOT in the package contract .Get your facts straight before you start posting HORSE HOCKEY.

Nonunion SVC are getting turkeys on friday,and we dont have to worry about the holiday pay. I'm so glad you guys and gals are fighting this before we scabbys get sucked into the Wrath of Brown.

I can buy my own turkey from all the pay I have received courtesy of the Teamsters contract .Matter of fact I will buy you one if you are struggling .Sounds like you are declaring you are a proud **** I hope thats not the case.

I called the Department of Labor earlier today and was told that the company does have the right to do this if needed. I live in California and thats what I was told.

But... Considering that we are in a collective bargaining agreement, I beleive this would be something that is mutual agreed upon by both parties. Either way, WE WILL FIGHT TO GET PAID!

What do you mean, you lost faith in the Teamsters? You never had faith. You were one of those who have been sniveling from day one. Could you imagine if you were dealing with UPS without the Teamsters? Come on dude. And everyone knows what the enhancements are in this contract, so get with reality here. ps. enjoy your holiday next week. Teamster Elvis out....

Article 5. Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week. Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday. This is right off the contract do you have selective reading.
I dont agree with this but people wanted lines drawen in the sand now they have them. We can greive but the fact remains people will go without holiday pay . Who can afford that this day and time? And please tell me what part of the contract did the company break? I cant find any they are riding the line I dont want the union never have and maybe never will this kind of stuff didnt happen b/4 union represention

Interesting, I talked to a UPS feeder driver last nite and he said he has never heard of such a rule. He said they only need to work the day before or the day after, not both. And if they are available to work but no work is available they still receive their holiday pay.

That's the exact same thing I heard today.

I Just got a phone call from the linehaul steward.He said he received a call from a rep in DC and said we WILL get paid for the day after Christmas.UP yours mgmt

I really hope you are right!:1036316054:
What can we do to you if you are wrong?

I talked with a package driver today.
He told me that our holiday pay was ours,we worked for it and our contract states 9 paid hoildays (I Think).
He also told me that he was laidoff the month of july and was still given his holiday pay for the 4th while he was on layoff.
His suggestion is to not stop calling our business agents until this is settled......give management a inch,they will take a yard!
Never Bow Down! :chairshot:
Karen

And this is crap, just yesterday I see a refer unit rolling into the UPS yard with turkey's in it for thankgiving for the small package guy's.

Now that's a departure from the norm. UPS's tradition was always to give turkeys (or certificates) at Christmas, not Thanksgiving. I remember this because I was really p.o.'d we didn't get one at Thanksgiving last year. I was pointed to UPSer's and that's where it talked about the long standing tradition of giving turkeys for Christmas

Article 5. Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week. Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday. This is right off the contract do you have selective reading.
I dont agree with this but people wanted lines drawen in the sand now they have them. We can greive but the fact remains people will go without holiday pay . Who can afford that this day and time? And please tell me what part of the contract did the company break? I cant find any they are riding the line I dont want the union never have and maybe never will this kind of stuff didnt happen b/4 union represention

Is there any point to this post? I have so far gotten the supervisors off the dock work, giving the union members hundreds of hours they would have never gotten. Stopped the osd clerks from operating forklifts, so as to free up more work on the dock. Have gotten at least a dozen employees paid for no work because of seniority violations. Guaranteed raises and ot after 8, which by the way you will never get during a holiday week at a non-union terminal. The company saw an opening and took it , but in the end all guaranteed employees will be paid for the 40 hr guarantee. :1036316054:

We filed a grievance and the local 375 contacted the Labor Board and we should be hearing a reply tomorrow. The holidays were set up before we were union,and past practices were paid holidays.It's not our fault the company won't work us. We are able and willing to work and therefore should not be penalized for the companys' decision to stay dark Fri. This is a crap ploy and I can't believe the company is willing to p*** off all their rep'd workers for a cheap stunt.

We were given a contract loooonngg after the holidays were posted,and we here in BUF were only told of this a couple days ago. Maybe when I read the contract,I should have &quot;interpereted&quot; it as the company would, not as an employee/ tool....
I guess they never heard of catching more bees with honey instead of vinigar...
They want the best from us,yet beat down the moral time after time...How dumb...

..I understand there was quite the backup yesterday HRS when the dock guys found out..it was miraculous all the towmotors would hardly move:shrug:..and quite a few schedules were late...yeah its bs..so grin and bear it ...IF it happens many many thousand grievances will be filed.....yeah its so childish..so come 2013 this language must be cleared up....

well i think the brown and grey flu is going around and i think i'll get it on DEC. 29

I think Mon. Dec. 29th a grey and brown flu could sweep the country. Oh I heard too a second round of that flu strain could be back for Mon. Jan. 6!!! It could be so unusual that the AP or CNN might follow this epidemic outbreak. :1036316054: