TForce | heads up Christmas holiday

I can buy my own turkey from all the pay I have received courtesy of the Teamsters contract .Matter of fact I will buy you one if you are struggling .Sounds like you are declaring you are a proud **** I hope thats not the case.

Couldnt help it, It would really be cool if I could see the silver lining from all these clouds, but I've seen more discontent, bitterness and unhappiness due to this unionization than I've ever witness in my 25+ trucking years.( well maybe except for the 94 strike) Money dont buy happiness fellow.You can keep your turkey, This contract is still a little undercooked if your asking me.

Here is the workaround If the company does not want to pay the holidays, then file on article 18 sec 2, It says us 90%ers are to be paid 40 hours a week that article does not say anything about non service days or holidays not counting. We will be paid one way or the other.

What do you mean, you lost faith in the Teamsters? You never had faith. You were one of those who have been sniveling from day one. Could you imagine if you were dealing with UPS without the Teamsters? Come on dude. And everyone knows what the enhancements are in this contract, so get with reality here. ps. enjoy your holiday next week. Teamster Elvis out....

Yes i could imagine, Look at the non-union guys, still getting their paid holidays, still getting their 401k match, still getting insurance cheaper then me. Guess what I still am sniveling at the teamsters and for good reason. There has been nothing done for us except take our dues for a pension that they do not even control.

Couldnt help it, It would really be cool if I could see the silver lining from all these clouds, but I've seen more discontent, bitterness and unhappiness due to this unionization than I've ever witness in my 25+ trucking years.( well maybe except for the 94 strike) Money dont buy happiness fellow.You can keep your turkey, This contract is still a little undercooked if your asking me.

Well fellow let me get this strait you think if we didn't have a contract we would be better off.They would just play nice because they like you FELLOW.:hysterical:And obviously we all need more than money to make us happy .What was that OH yea we need a turkey to go with it.:biglaugh:

Without a contract, we'd be screwed. This was bound to happen one way or another. I dont see getting replaced by someone who'll take the job at a lower pay scale any better. We have to unite, and stand up for one another and not take their "doo-doo" anymore. Its not the contract, yeah it can be better in so many ways, but thats part of the learning process. Were just getting rid of that b****** Bush and our economy is the worst its been since the depression. That in itself puts a dent in everyones life. The only thing we can do is take care of the freight so customers rely on us and continue doing business with us. Things will turn around sooner of later. Keep paddling the boat up hill!

Sadly the upper management in this Company can't see the forest through the trees. With the unprecidented economic crash and the lack of freight in general, they are willing to risk bad public relations and a total crash of service standards in order to appease their desires on a personal Union busting vendetta. And anyone who thinks it is not about the Union ask the few terminals that are not, or the nons that are office staff in the union barns. All those people are receiving the holiday pay. God knows the truth.