FedEx Freight | Hemorrhaging People

Thinking of you the other day, delivered in Mt. Airy, NC near the VA border right off US 52 that is the old Fancy Gap, restricted for big trucks going south but OK to run up going north. Winding up that old road puts perspective to what you guys used to deal with especially as you’d catch glimpses of I-77 off to the west.

I remember onetime a McLean sleeper team out of Winston Salem was pulling the mountain in low, first gear.
One driver got in front, walking with a rope over his shoulder like he was pulling the truck.
Someone got a picture and it made the front page of the Winston newspaper.
McLean fired them both.
Local 391 put them back to work.

66 is 20 mph too fast for me.
Remember Big Guy, when dispatch asks what took so long, tell them you prefer to be late & alive, than early & dead. Or, you got hung up on a RR crossing on WB I-70. Then count the seconds, or days, depending on the dispatcher as to how long it takes for them to say, 'there are no rr crossings on I-70'. Their response should be priceless. von.

We are loosing people because we used to be the shining LTL company on the hill , now we’re a joke. Always in the way on the road , drivers tired of the beeping and buzzers in the trucks driving them nuts , getting treated like children when we’re grown adults , truck programs set up by people who have ZERO trucking experience, we get a tiny raise only to have it taken away a couple months later in health benefit contributions, low moral , no accountability for management, equipment getting worse and worse , etc etc . Why would anyone wanna come here or stay here ? We are a joke in the LTL world anymore. All they care about is the shareholders , pie charts , and spread sheets . No focus on the customer or the employees . It’s all on them . Coming from an old Watkins guy who was super involved and really had pride , they broke me. I couldn’t care less about FDX or their freight . Just gimme my pay check .

We are loosing people because we used to be the shining LTL company on the hill , now we’re a joke. Always in the way on the road , drivers tired of the beeping and buzzers in the trucks driving them nuts , getting treated like children when we’re grown adults , truck programs set up by people who have ZERO trucking experience, we get a tiny raise only to have it taken away a couple months later in health benefit contributions, low moral , no accountability for management, equipment getting worse and worse , etc etc . Why would anyone wanna come here or stay here ? We are a joke in the LTL world anymore. All they care about is the shareholders , pie charts , and spread sheets . No focus on the customer or the employees . It’s all on them . Coming from an old Watkins guy who was super involved and really had pride , they broke me. I couldn’t care less about FDX or their freight . Just gimme my pay check .

Sico, where did you work for Watkins?

I remember onetime a McLean sleeper team out of Winston Salem was pulling the mountain in low, first gear.
One driver got in front, walking with a rope over his shoulder like he was pulling the truck.
Someone got a picture and it made the front page of the Winston newspaper.
McLean fired them both.
Local 391 put them back to work.
Some people have no sense of humor.

that the BEAUTIFUL rumor, lets hope its true, just sayin
I always got along with him,except the time he came to our terminal to announce we would not be receiving the infamous you ain’t a big enough of a union threat to receive the “GPD” raise but it would be revisited on a regular basis ,then a certain highly knowledgeable employee proved every excuse they had wrong. Never heard anything about another revisit to the topic since. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story. Talking to you Putnam.

I always got along with him,except the time he came to our terminal to announce we would not be receiving the infamous you ain’t a big enough of a union threat to receive the “GPD” raise but it would be revisited on a regular basis ,then a certain highly knowledgeable employee proved every excuse they had wrong. Never heard anything about another revisit to the topic since. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story. Talking to you Putnam.
after our personal vechicles were broken into, he told us that we had " no expectation of safety or security while on fedex property" and that we didnt have to drive our personal vechicles to work. :shit:head at its finest

Btw bobby has definitely been fired. Its all the buzz here at the atl hub. He'd apparently been doing a lot of shady stuff and it caught up to him finally.