Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

To all the yes men who plan to vote yes, because you only have 2 years to go and don't care about the futures of those left behind, do us all a favor and get out now.

It's just amazing to see what 30+ years of deregulation has done to the LTL industry. Thank you Jimmy Carter.

I am hoping to be out in August, and I tell you I will never vote yes on this. A brother is a brother. One for all, all for one! Good luck to us all!
:usa:

No youstill haven't proven me wrong. You read this incorrectly the question I was answering asked, has any company survived a give back ? I said ABF did back in the 90s after the purchase of Carolina freight. ABF's resent pay cut was contractual and was a different situation than the question posed.

ABF did NOT take a pay cut after the Carolina purchase. The company asked for one but it was voted down.

OK...I just got in and I am not driving now....so let me respond.

The information is very credible....note that Lager mentions the Local 952 GM meeting and they discussed this at great lengths. Kudos to HIS Local for making this effort!

The $.25 is per each year of the MOU....do you guys even know how your H&W is paid?

Lager confirmed at HIS Local's meeting it is a 25 cent per hour for each hour on the H&W...plain and simple.

from what I have seen in this, and if it comes to a vote....we ALL must vote this down.

Some of you show no concern for others involved....AN INJURY TO ONE, IS AN INJURY TO ALL!

The non-CDL employees need support form ALL of us in fighting this.

No OT after 8 hours and only after 40?....BS!! This is one of the very foundations of the NMFA since 1964.

Some of you who work on the dock and get OT have some blame for this proposal. Some work 3-4 days and get 9-14 hours each day with OT and then lay out on the 5th day....how long did you think they would let this slide?....but most of all, we MUST protect OT after 8 hours at all cost!

More will be forth coming soon....just wait it out and lets see where it is going....THANKS AGAIN Lager for sharing the Local 952 meeting infor with us all....that is what makes TB the MOST credible source out there for us all.....STILL A NO VOTE IF IT HAPPENS!.....KK

KK, I was on the understanding that the only reason the union is talking to YRC is because YRC said there would not be any monetary concessions. Is this true and YRC changed gears at the table? I 'm just asking. Thanks

Just goes to show you from theses concessions, to the ups freight deal. To not organizing freight.. That the IBT COULD CARE LESS ABOUT FREIGHT ANYMORE.

KK, I was on the understanding that the only reason the union is talking to YRC is because YRC said there would not be any monetary concessions. Is this true and YRC changed gears at the table? I 'm just asking. Thanks

In MY PERSONAL opinion....a monetary concession here is being thought of as a wage per hour/mile pay rate cut....they said this will NOT happen....BUT...it would seem they are using other ways of getting that by trying to change work rules per their "flexibility."

If this 5 year MOU is allowed, it will tag another 3.8 years of GIVING back 15% of our wages....don't be fooled again!.....KK

In MY PERSONAL opinion....a monetary concession here is being thought of as a wage per hour/mile pay rate cut....they said this will NOT happen....BUT...it would seem they are using other ways of getting that by trying to change work rules per their "flexibility."

If this 5 year MOU is allowed, it will tag another 3.8 years of GIVING back 15% of our wages....don't be fooled again!.....KK

Exactly right..NEVER FORGET..you are giving back 15% EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY...Nice working with you guys and to KK for all your honest information....IM A FU---ING NO!

What does "pay freeze for all non-cdl employees" mean? All non-union employees stay whole, they give nothing? That's the way I read it.

At some terminals therre are non cdl teamsters......Now....On behalf of all those Teamsters before me : I refuse to participate in the dismantling of our Union in such a manner that I could not walk with my head held high!!!! Period ! This the * Keep on bullying a punk syndrome in full effect * Teamsters Are Not Submissive %itcheS !!

"The $.25 is per each year of the MOU....do you guys even know how your H&W is paid?"

"Lager confirmed at HIS Local's meeting it is a 25 cent per hour for each hour on the H&W...plain and simple."

There is no way they are proposing .25 an hour on the insurance, come on $10.00 a week? They want to go from $1.00 an hour increase to a .25 increase per hour, each year.

Your trying to tell us that they are eliminating insurance? Just trying to understand what your saying because I think there is a little misunderstanding going on .

Last edited by a moderator:
Wage freeze for non CDL, $.25 for pension, OT only after 40 hrs, it all sounds like monetary concessions to me, or am I just not understanding something here....

I don't think anyone was fooled the last time? It was very clear what the concessions were and a majority voted yes (whether explicitly or by not voting).

They said they wanted to curb absenteeism, and that sure as hell will do it. We wouldn't want to take a single day at a time and lose all of the overtime for the week. Hopefully there is some room for negotiations...I'm a tentative yes for everything but the overtime issue at the moment.

Another clarification. I do apologize. Things are changing minute bye minute, literary. The HW issue as I'm being told this morning is this. The company will INCREASE the hourly contribution on HW by only .25 cents per hr, per employee, per year. I believe this .25 will be capped for as long as the MOU is in place.

Please bare with me. Things are moving very fast right now.
More information to follow. Another meeting is scheduled for today.

.25 cents per year will not cut the mustard. No way No how. IF this proposal is brought to the members, we must vote it down.

Sorry for any confusion.

"The $.25 is per each year of the MOU....do you guys even know how your H&W is paid?"

"Lager confirmed at HIS Local's meeting it is a 25 cent per hour for each hour on the H&W...plain and simple."

There is no way they are proposing .25 an hour on the insurance, come on $10.00 a week? They want to go from $1.00 an hour increase to a .25 increase per hour, each year.

Your trying to tell us that they are eliminating insurance? Just trying to understand what your saying because I think there is a little misunderstanding going on .

$10 a week wont even get you into the Dr's office..

My thoughts and rants:

Purchase transportation is currently in the NMFA, and has been for years. Also, the "best contract ever" also had it has "preferred carrier" (remember Glen Moore)? So these issues are already in there.
The question is how will the company utilize the shiny wheels. As it has been suggested through other companies, first they handle areas that out in the sticks. PP is and has been used by companies for the last decade, even by those that have their own company drivers (Wal-Mart has Swift, Crete, etc; Kroger has Quickway, the list goes on).

But will the union police it? Keep the company from abusing it? Look at the rail freight and the language in the NMFA. You have your answer. The union already concedes that they DO NOT know how much is railed. Also, companies that use PP do not go back to 100% company drivers.

No overtime for over 8 ?? This is a bedrock for the union. It was the one signature that brought in the best to the companies. However, OT has been abused to no end. If this part of the offer is let to stand, the union will have a blacken eye that will never heal.

No pay increase for NON CDL holders. Divide and conquer! Also a non starter. Mantience (shop and janitorial), and the other crafts should not be penalized for performing there jobs that do not require them in the least. You want to trim more for the workforce, and, on the other hand, have morale lower than it is right now , let that stand.

Pension and H&W is something I am watching, but will have to have it explained in detail before I comment. But it is at the top of my concerns.

Thanks for reading. Stay away from the trolls that are starting or rehashing old:horse****:! Keep up the good work KK!