R&L | Here's a great company!!!!!!

Its their company!!!! They can do with it whatever they want!!!! Hey Duck, when R&L does this, are you gonna buy a NEW truck, or a USED one???:hysterical: Its only a matter of time, you better be lining your DUCKS up, and be getting ready to make a decision on what you are going to do....I think one of the reasons they are going to this so they can get rid of all the drivers who are ingrates....:1036316054: I think I'll buy a NEW FREIGHTLINER!!!!:biglaugh:

if r/l is such a good place, why are they trying to get rid of teams

if they are not they are starving us to death
Its their company!!!! They can do with it whatever they want!!!! Hey Duck, when R&L does this, are you gonna buy a NEW truck, or a USED one???:hysterical: Its only a matter of time, you better be lining your DUCKS up, and be getting ready to make a decision on what you are going to do....I think one of the reasons they are going to this so they can get rid of all the drivers who are ingrates....:1036316054: I think I'll buy a NEW FREIGHTLINER!!!!:biglaugh:

hey guys...i don't want to sound like a broken record, but i've said this before and i can tell you this is working.....drivers at our terminal are pushing the rate hot line off the driver business cards and were seeing and increase in freight everyday. What I'm getting at is if we can do this at all terminals they will have no choice to keep all of us in order to make service. the more business the more drivers needed. as drivers we need to do what we can to help keep the company going...

hey guys...i don't want to sound like a broken record, but i've said this before and i can tell you this is working.....drivers at our terminal are pushing the rate hot line off the driver business cards and were seeing and increase in freight everyday. What I'm getting at is if we can do this at all terminals they will have no choice to keep all of us in order to make service. the more business the more drivers needed. as drivers we need to do what we can to help keep the company going...

We have to do what we have to do to keep everything going the way we want it to go.That is what I think.

That's a great idea. Our terminal has more freight than drivers can handle,in and outbound. Problem is no drivers are being hired,so we are using 4 or 5 drivers from an outside lease company,most of which are worthless and make more work for R&L employees. Eliminate the people coming up with all these money saving ideas and get back to what made R&L a great place to work.We are the busiest LTL carrier in the area,it's all BS that we are not making money. Since the economy took a dump,businesses are actually spending time looking for the cheapest way to ship, and of course we usually win that bid. Even the companies that undercut us have drivers sitting home,they are doing it just to survive and they can't do it forever,R&L is going to come out of this bigger and better than ever.

That's a great idea. Our terminal has more freight than drivers can handle,in and outbound. Problem is no drivers are being hired,so we are using 4 or 5 drivers from an outside lease company,most of which are worthless and make more work for R&L employees. Eliminate the people coming up with all these money saving ideas and get back to what made R&L a great place to work.We are the busiest LTL carrier in the area,it's all BS that we are not making money. Since the economy took a dump,businesses are actually spending time looking for the cheapest way to ship, and of course we usually win that bid. Even the companies that undercut us have drivers sitting home,they are doing it just to survive and they can't do it forever,R&L is going to come out of this bigger and better than ever.

Well that is the only thing we can hope for.Is that R&L comes out on top I need my job.

Busy in New England. If you guys want to give me any leads to help you out I would be more than willing. If we all put the freight on the trucks every day we are going to kill the competition. I see more of the big guys taking naps in parking lots waiting for their next pick up. I went into an industrial park and a driver was parked in a lot taking a nap. I came out 40 minutes later and he was still parked!. All I can say is that we are so busy that there is no nap time at R&L.

Just one problem, with the economy the way it is... The independent contractors are gonna really have hell of a time keeping them lease trucks running much less filled with fuel. Think about it, if the big old trucking companies can't do it, what makes them think the average guy who is already struggling like hell to make ends meet is gonna jump in their and put his head on the chopping block. I just don't see it.

Busy in New England. If you guys want to give me any leads to help you out I would be more than willing. If we all put the freight on the trucks every day we are going to kill the competition. I see more of the big guys taking naps in parking lots waiting for their next pick up. I went into an industrial park and a driver was parked in a lot taking a nap. I came out 40 minutes later and he was still parked!. All I can say is that we are so busy that there is no nap time at R&L.

FYI, this board is for drivers only

ok then, lets just let anybody on here to make comments they know nothing about. this non-driver we are referring to said she witnessed a driver sitting and sleeping for 40 minutes. when i was a p&d driver, though i rarely did anything like that, sometimes dispatch wanted me to hang out somewhere to wait on a big accounts pick up. and besides, by law we get 1 half hour lunch and 2 10 minute breaks in a 8 hour period so maybe that driver was combining his lunch and breaks. next time lets not be so quick to judge.

ok then, lets just let anybody on here to make comments they know nothing about. this non-driver we are referring to said she witnessed a driver sitting and sleeping for 40 minutes. when i was a p&d driver, though i rarely did anything like that, sometimes dispatch wanted me to hang out somewhere to wait on a big accounts pick up. and besides, by law we get 1 half hour lunch and 2 10 minute breaks in a 8 hour period so maybe that driver was combining his lunch and breaks. next time lets not be so quick to judge.

bd. I am not judging anyone.And I pass alot of different companies that sit for long periods of time.The only thing that is ok about that is when they are not just sitting in a door hanging out.Thats when I have a issue.And hell you were the one she saw sitting there.Once again this is a R/L forum.Take it for what you want it to mean.:1036316054::1036316054:

by law we get 1 half hour lunch and 2 10 minute breaks in a 8 hour period so maybe that driver was combining his lunch and breaks.

Do you guys get your breaks? Does dispatch tell you to take them? We are told to sit if we are waiting for a pickup but days and weeks can go by with out that happening....

Never really bothered me I'd rather get done and be at home with the kids but it'd be nice to stop once and a while for 20 min.

by law we get 1 half hour lunch and 2 10 minute breaks in a 8 hour period so maybe that driver was combining his lunch and breaks.QUOTE]

Do you guys get your breaks? Does dispatch tell you to take them? We are told to sit if we are waiting for a pickup but days and weeks can go by with out that happening....

Never really bothered me I'd rather get done and be at home with the kids but it'd be nice to stop once and a while for 20 min.

that is the best way to put it my friend:1036316054:

you guys definitely don't work at the scranton terminal. just because you have all your deliveries and pick-ups done in your area doesn't mean you get to go home. you either have to go into someone elses area for pick-ups or go get drop trailers. before i went linehaul, in almost 3 years as a city driver, i can count the number of 8 hour work days on my one hand.