FedEx Freight | Highest Number New Tractor/Trailer/Gear

Did Fedex change the color scheme..
I've seen some ground trailers with an Orange EX (Fedex Express orange). Is that something new?
They decided a few months ago that, after extensive market research, orange is the color customers best recognize in association with the FedEx brand. So all the opco's are switching to orange.

Not sure of the numbers but I've recently seen brand new liftgate pups and X vans with the orange EX at various centers.

Also, at the Volvo plant in Dublin, Va there's brand new Volvo's staged on their yard with both red and orange EX's...guess the build date dictates when they switched to the orange EX. One would think they'd pull the red off and replace it with the orange before the trucks left for delivery but...:idunno:
So they are currently buying VOLVOS & Petes? Presumably KWs too? Did they stop getting Freightliners? Just curious...

Someone told me "Mack" was on the reward truck option list, but no one seems to have ever seen one...

We have two new twin screw T680 Kenworths in KC, no ELDs so they continue to sit, have been for at least a month.

roog

So they are currently buying VOLVOS & Petes? Presumably KWs too? Did they stop getting Freightliners? Just curious...

Someone told me "Mack" was on the reward truck option list, but no one seems to have ever seen one...
Yes on the Volvos....Volvo agreed to let the company have the Cummings/Meritor combo instead of their Volvo/I-Shift combo so we've started buying them again.
It would be great if they could find a way to marry the I-Shift behind the Cummings and give a volume control option for all of the bells and whistles, they'd almost have the perfect truck IMO.

Yes on the Volvos....Volvo agreed to let the company have the Cummings/Meritor combo instead of their Volvo/I-Shift combo so we've started buying them again.
It would be great if they could find a way to marry the I-Shift behind the Cummings and give a volume control option for all of the bells and whistles, they'd almost have the perfect truck IMO.
Thanks Red! Sorry to hear they won't be coming w/the Volvo engine/I-Shift trans... Beyond the superior Volvo turning radius, I thought the Volvo drive train to be among, if not the, best. Although, admittedly, I've only had access to limited use of the Volvo combo, and all of the auto shifts seem to be improving, as is the learning curve...

Oh, and the annoying "bells and whistles", especially at start up... I'm tempted to start wearing ear plugs/muffs, since policy frowns on tampering with equipment. :bat:

Thanks Red! Sorry to hear they won't be coming w/the Volvo engine/I-Shift trans... Beyond the superior Volvo turning radius, I thought the Volvo drive train to be among, if not the, best. Although, admittedly, I've only had access to limited use of the Volvo combo, and all of the auto shifts seem to be improving, as is the learning curve...

Oh, and the annoying "bells and whistles", especially at start up... I'm tempted to start wearing ear plugs/muffs, since policy frowns on tampering with equipment. :bat:
The Volvo drivetrain is excellent when it works. When it doesn't...it's expensive. I lost my old Volvo for 2 weeks to injector cups and a month to a cracked DEF doser that destroyed the main wiring harness. At $10000 a repair, to boot.

I agree, the I-Shift transmission is by far superior to anything else in the auto-shift market IMO. It was explained to me that Volvo's I-Shift and Merritor's auto-shift were essentially the same transmission with the main difference being Volvo's is pneumatic and Merritor's electric. It's hard to believe that pneumatic makes that much of a difference but it does!!

Back when I drove a newer Volvo, R128XX, I found the "bells and whistles" to be more annoying than they were productive...I'd just crank up the radio to drown out the noise!!
Also, why is it that Volvo's "bells and whistles" are louder and more annoying than any other brand (KW, Pete, & Freightshakers)??

The Volvo drivetrain is excellent when it works. When it doesn't...it's expensive. I lost my old Volvo for 2 weeks to injector cups and a month to a cracked DEF doser that destroyed the main wiring harness. At $10000 a repair, to boot.
I've got a friend who's an O/O that drives a Volvo who's echoed the same message. He does however, swear by his Volvo dealer...he claims they take care of him better than any other brand/dealer has so he remains loyal to them.

I've got a friend who's an O/O that drives a Volvo who's echoed the same message. He does however, swear by his Volvo dealer...he claims they take care of him better than any other brand/dealer has so he remains loyal to them.
The experience soured me on them, unfortunately. I might partially reconsider in the form of a Mack down the road, but we'll see.

I agree, the I-Shift transmission is by far superior to anything else in the auto-shift market IMO. It was explained to me that Volvo's I-Shift and Merritor's auto-shift were essentially the same transmission with the main difference being Volvo's is pneumatic and Merritor's electric. It's hard to believe that pneumatic makes that much of a difference but it does!!

Back when I drove a newer Volvo, R128XX, I found the "bells and whistles" to be more annoying than they were productive...I'd just crank up the radio to drown out the noise!!
Also, why is it that Volvo's "bells and whistles" are louder and more annoying than any other brand (KW, Pete, & Freightshakers)??

I echo this as well..That i-shift is an amazing tranny. I doubt it will perform as good with slip seaters as the tranny has a learning phase to it. but man, the darn thing shifts like a dream, compared to the junk in the Peterbilts.

The new Volvos are the best things on the road, IMO. They have some annoying bells and whistles on the new ones we got at Sherwin Williams. The horn would blare if you popped the door before the air brakes set. Nice way to look like a jerk, **** off and scare nearby drivers.

CNG_Fast_Fill_Station_0913.jpg

I pulled D10420 last week or so, had been in Fargo so it was already pretty nasty.

roog
I had a D104XX last week...it seemed better balanced than the last batch of new ones we got but I still prefer the D9000 series, those are the nicest ones IMO.

My personal favorite batch of dollies were the first 5 Canadian dollies. 3900001-3900006. Great Dane, nose heavy enough to need a landing gear because they are equipped with pintle locks, yet well balanced when level. Surprisingly good ride thanks to their heavy weight. Handled excellent in the winter.

Best part? Nobody ever wants to steal a heavy dolly.