ODFL | Hiring in Greensboro NC road driver

Bunkhouse or the Swan Motel..Not sure if they still use the Bunkhouse or the Swan now. It's Jersey !!!!! Lol
they have the Swan, however, they now have a red roof inn that you can drive to. It's ok, as it's in Secaucus(haha) and parking is BEYOND TIGHT(even bobtail). They still have the bunkhouse and it's usually where I stay at. It's not the greatest, but it has a shower and it's pretty quiet(most nights) when I do stay there.

they have the Swan, however, they now have a red roof inn that you can drive to. It's ok, as it's in Secaucus(haha) and parking is BEYOND TIGHT(even bobtail). They still have the bunkhouse and it's usually where I stay at. It's not the greatest, but it has a shower and it's pretty quiet(most nights) when I do stay there.
and when I say quiet most nights, it's because sometimes there's that one driver that snores! haha But, it sure IS very quiet in there until it gets daylight then you hear all the 'sounds' from all around the building.

Count your blessings that you didn't have to lay over in Secaucus back in the 1950's and 60's when Henry was still farming there. :05.18 flustered:

At my terminal new guys do overnight “bag runs” sometimes. That’s all I wanted to do when I started. I called central every Thursday so I’d have runs all weekend. Didn’t mind motels if I got work. But, mostly until you get a bid. You’ll be filling in for bid drivers who are on vacation, or taking a day off. However, if you want to work as a newbi on line haul. You want those longer bag runs. Because their longer. You are guaranteed two runs. You gotta come back. I’ve been on the same bid 8 years. 652 miles a night. But I was running 3000 a week taking bag runs as a wild driver when I started.
Sound like u rich driver good job u near 130g a year,, what u Doing with that money

Can’t have that!
I started here too late to retire now. I’m gonna try to go till I’m 70 if OD will let me. And I live that long. Wish I’d started at OD 38 years ago.

Can’t have that!
I started here too late to retire now. I’m gonna try to go till I’m 70 if OD will let me. And I live that long. Wish I’d started at OD 38 years ago.
I'm sure you could easily drive(medical pending) until you're 70. The number 1 driver, on the bid list, is 66. Been here for 31 years(GBO) says he's going for 4 million safe miles before he retires and that'll be when he's 71.

I'm sure you could easily drive(medical pending) until you're 70. The number 1 driver, on the bid list, is 66. Been here for 31 years(GBO) says he's going for 4 million safe miles before he retires and that'll be when he's 71.
Maybe when I retire I can get a part time runnin a zero turn. Do they have air conditioning?

I probably couldn’t ever work for the zero turn guy. I hate yard work.
could we add some chrome and maybe air horns? Possibly a set of dual chrome stacks to the zero turn??
We had to negotiate a long time for Westcoast mirrors, not sure he will go with too much chrome.