Yellow | Hoffa Elected To Fourth Term By Overwhelming Margin!

I wonder if Fred got a "bonus " for running......Think about it.

KK no particular reason except that in computer world the different collor ink on your post only make it look as though you have some type of authority over the others, that's all..

"look as though you have some type of authority over the others".....Hmmm....WTF.....I like the color red.....if that is what you think....then so be it.....Guards.....take him outside and off with his head!......KK

yes i agree
it seems that a major effort is needed in order to get teamsters to vote
20% of the eligible voters is a sad commentary
what that translates to is that 80% is apathetic
but then again as it was in many NMFA contract votes only 1/3 of eligible voters actually voted

it may not seem as important to many but one thing you have to remember is that the employers are watching these events very closely
if one thing is glaringly apparent to them is the simple fact that the membership in general via apathy shows itself to NOT GIVE A CRAP
what this does is set the stage for tough contract negotiations down the line
so in their eyes and i agree , why would they not stand firm and present a harder than usual front line in negotiations
this is exactly the reason why contracts like the NMFA have been ****ty since 1980

Because it is my signature text, and has been since I have been on here since 1997.......why?.....KK

I swear, you've got more bs then a bs factory! You're just using the red print in a round about way to rub it in our faces that Ga is "red" state and a lot of us have to put up with blue libtard state living!
You're just a closet Republican!!!:biglaugh:

Before you say move, we're staying and fighting to make 49 states red again like when Reagan ran!

I swear, you've got more bs then a bs factory! You're just using the red print in a round about way to rub it in our faces that Ga is "red" state and a lot of us have to put up with blue libtard state living!
You're just a closet Republican!!!:biglaugh:

Before you say move, we're staying and fighting to make 49 states red again like when Reagan ran!

I learned my BS from a good teacher Turbo....YOU....as for the red....I am proud to be a Georgia Bulldog....look it up!....KK

I think it is overwhelming that he was reelected?
I bet the 20% was not in the trucking division.
I remember the second time he was reelected when I was still a city driver.
Just for giggles I took a personal pool asking every trucker I ran across back in those days.
If anybody had voted for him to another term.It was a while ago but I can recall that nobody I asked.
Either said they did or if they did they would not admit it.

Well I am enjoying my retirement now days,but really hate to see how weak the union has gotten.
I was hoping to see a new face that may have been able to pump more life into the Teamsters.
Which once apon a time was the strongest organization in America.
Oh my how times have changed,so now that it is going to be business as usual with the same old same old.
Where do you think this union will be when the next election rolls around?

You were doing good until you brought up the part about being a retiree! Now all the me-sters will come after you with pitchforks and torches!

PS: How about changing the thread title to a more correct meaning like, "pos hoffa connives his way to fourth fat paying term"!!! Thanks.

I learned my BS from a good teacher Turbo....YOU....as for the red....I am proud to be a Georgia Bulldog....look it up!....KK

Ok, if thats your story and you're sticking with it!

PS: Its good to know I'm the best at something and you now admit to being a BSer!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I understand the freedom of speech I really do. but if your not a Union brother&sister of IBT it not any ones business these people are not running for president or senator of this great nation there running for the IBT job. i guess I'm old school you don't run your brother or sister down after you get out side your hall you keep in house. I'm sure not saying don't speak out just don't run the union down for all the union haters to read on here that just give them something to run with.

All I can say is it's ashame we have such bad voting turnouts.

For one- I wasn't allowed a vote. For another, there were bad candidates, so people DID Vote- they voted to stay home instead of voting for the lesser of two Evils. Voting for the lesser of two evils is Still Voting for Evil. Which is why I stayed home in the last Presidential Election- I could NOT vote for McCain (Dem Lite) Or Obama (Marxist). People who say those not voting aren't allowed to opinionate appear to have not read the 1st Amendment......

Its hard to beat the incumbent in a three person race.No matter what your opinion of him is.

Pretty much I agree, which is why I hope Ron Paul doesn't run as a third party. It took Jimmy Carter's incompetence to be the exception to the rule...

Out of the three candidates running, Jimmy Hoffa was the ONLY choice. He's smart and has the right connections and knows how and when to use them. Pope, get serious and Gregare is just a joke. Don't put all the blame for the problems on Hoffa, look around, the whole world is in trouble. We have borroed ourselves into oblivion and unfortunately it's time to pay. All those jobs that nobody wanted to do, look pretty good now, too bad they're all overseas and paying one-tenth of what they paid here. Companies are beating up on the middle class and taking advantage of a poor economy and we need true leaders like Jimmy Hoffa who will stand up for our rights to lead us into this fight.
this is a joke, right?

Out of the three candidates running, Jimmy Hoffa was the ONLY choice. He's smart and has the right connections and knows how and when to use them. Pope, get serious and Gregare is just a joke. Don't put all the blame for the problems on Hoffa, look around, the whole world is in trouble. We have borroed ourselves into oblivion and unfortunately it's time to pay. All those jobs that nobody wanted to do, look pretty good now, too bad they're all overseas and paying one-tenth of what they paid here. Companies are beating up on the middle class and taking advantage of a poor economy and we need true leaders like Jimmy Hoffa who will stand up for our rights to lead us into this fight.
I'm glad this "dsa" refers to the boob that was just elected as "Jimmy Hoffa". It shows why Jr. keeps getting elected. Jimmy Hoffa died in July 1975. He was a tireless leader. The union hasn't been the same since he disappeared. To even compare him to his wanna-be son, James P. Hoffa is an insult to Jimmy's memory. Jr. has never worked in his life (aside from a few months on the dock in Detroit to qualify as a card-carrying member, thus able to run for office), he is simply a lawyer, completely unfamiliar with what real Teamsters have to put up with on a daily basis. He has more in common with the "stuffed shirts" in the corporate offices than any of us. That is completely the opposite of what his father did before becoming Teamster president. Too many members apparently think this latest version of a "Hoffa" is the same as the original. Nothing could be further from the truth. There is no magic in the Hoffa name anymore. There hasn't been since July 1975. Like many other sons of famous people, James P. Hoffa is just cashing in on his father's name. It's just too bad for the membership that so many people can't see it, and just keep re-electing him. The Teamsters needs new blood, new ideas, but now they won't get any. It'll be the same old crap, down a dead-end street.

Well hey yes I am retired and maybe I have no say anymore.
However I was a Teamster back in the day.
When the Hoffa name carried so much weight that the United States government were always investigating him for ways they could get rid of him.
I was in a strike back in the 70's that shut down most manufacturing in this country.
Drivers would not deliver raw material,or pick up what was already made.
Manufacturing were forced into massive layoffs.
After just two weeks the congress pleaded with all of the Teamsters,for all of the LTL trucking companies to sign a contract for anything we Teamsters wanted.
Yes sir those were the days,that at the mention of the Hoffa name everybody all the way up to the US president,held their breath to see what he wanted next.

Now days that same name holds very little to compare with his Dad,& the Teamsters trucking division is just a shadow of its former self.

So you don't want to hear any more from an old retired Teamster,no prob-blemo, better tighten your belts for the next give back request from the few remaining Teamster LTL's

I'd like to know where this "Overwhelming Margin" crap came from. Only less than 19% of the members even voted, and Hoffa got less than 60% of THOSE votes. That means Hoffa got roughly 11 to 12% of the total membership to vote for him. I hardly call that a great victory or show of support from the rank and file membership. I call that a sign the membership has just given up, don't trust union elections and think "Why bother, my vote won't count anyhow". There is no faith in our Teamster leadership anymore. When only 11 to 12% of the membership show any support for Hoffa, you'd think he would get the picture and step down, for the good of the union, and let younger, smarter people with fresh ideas take over. It just shows where Hoffa's real priorities are. His ego, his personal bank account, his love over his continuing power trip, and his love of being surrounded every day by suck-ups telling him how wonderful he is. The reality is he's dragging a once great union down and dividing the members more each day. The companies don't have to try to "divide and conquer" anymore. Hoffa has divided the union membership FOR them. There will never be any unity in the Teamsters again until Hoffa is gone. So keep on trying to spin a 12% show of support as "overwhelming" if you want, but the figures speak for themselves !!

I'd like to know where this "Overwhelming Margin" crap came from. Only less than 19% of the members even voted, and Hoffa got less than 60% of THOSE votes. That means Hoffa got roughly 11 to 12% of the total membership to vote for him. I hardly call that a great victory or show of support from the rank and file membership. I call that a sign the membership has just given up, don't trust union elections and think "Why bother, my vote won't count anyhow". There is no faith in our Teamster leadership anymore. When only 11 to 12% of the membership show any support for Hoffa, you'd think he would get the picture and step down, for the good of the union, and let younger, smarter people with fresh ideas take over. It just shows where Hoffa's real priorities are. His ego, his personal bank account, his love over his continuing power trip, and his love of being surrounded every day by suck-ups telling him how wonderful he is. The reality is he's dragging a once great union down and dividing the members more each day. The companies don't have to try to "divide and conquer" anymore. Hoffa has divided the union membership FOR them. There will never be any unity in the Teamsters again until Hoffa is gone. So keep on trying to spin a 12% show of support as "overwhelming" if you want, but the figures speak for themselves !!

Come on, the election is over, JFK is dead and never coming back and so is Marilyn Monroe. Most of us here are disappointed by all of the above but we cant' change it. Relieve your mind and move on to your next challenge.

Well....I take, that by your post, your guy did not win?

In a 3 -way race, 60% IS AN OVERWHELMING MARGIN....had it been the other way around...the TDU folks or the Wisconsin folks would be claiming a "landslide victory!"
Fact is....Hoffa-Hall won....election is over....Happy Thanksgiving...pass the taters'!.....KK

I give up! No matter what happens, No matter how it happens, The tdu'ers will find some damn excuese for why they finished LAST in a 3 way race. Maybe they think if they cry hard enough things might change.
Those who wanted to vote voted! those who did not? Shame on them!
It is what it is! The only thing I think the Union needs to work on is getting more members involved. That is a challange considering the current President told a lot of member to "Go to hell" with His remarks about the Tea Party. Here is a new flash for Mr. Hoffa,tdu, and every other elected leader in this Union, Not every member is a Democrat! Not every member is a left wing liberal!
So instead of *****'in and whining about it embrace the change in the Rank & File. Please get away from the "Cookie Cutter" ideal that every member is a liberal because He/She has a Union card!
Until the Leadership see's this you are going to have low voter turn out. One member put it to me something like this,
"I felt like I had to wade through a pond of S^&T and then take pot luck on who I voted on"
Not the most polite way of putting it but that's what he felt like.
My only hope is that instead of attacking the Members who hold this point of view the Leadership might try to work with them.
I know, I know, Pipe dream right?

Come on, the election is over, JFK is dead and never coming back and so is Marilyn Monroe. Most of us here are disappointed by all of the above but we cant' change it. Relieve your mind and move on to your next challenge.

Marilyn's dead? NO!!!

What will Joe do now? Sell Coffee-makers?

Man!

If JFK's dead too, then Bobby must be Prez then? The Pony Express hasn't stopped here in a while...

I have one last thought then I am done with all of my whining.

Here it is,Truckers were the force that originally started the union,way back in the unions hay day.
However trucking has become a very small percentage represented by the Teamsters now days.
With so many other types of industries represented,if every trucker did cast a vote,it would not have amounted to a large percent.
So there you go,and I am gone!

I have one last thought then I am done with all of my whining.

Here it is,Truckers were the force that originally started the union,way back in the unions hay day.
However trucking has become a very small percentage represented by the Teamsters now days.
With so many other types of industries represented,if every trucker did cast a vote,it would not have amounted to a large percent.
So there you go,and I am gone!
Well then, if what you are saying is true, what possible good does it do to members in Teamster Freight to keep contributing to the IBT? This is like "Taxation Without Representation". It seems to me that the people of this country rebelled against that in the distant past. What are we paying for? So the Teamster Public Sevice sector gets represented? or the funeral home workers? or the police officers? or the parking lot attendants? or the hotel food sevice workers? They say "You get what you pay for" but I guess we're not even getting that. It looks like we all are GONE!