Holland | Holand hiring or not

Bubba78

TB Lurker
Credits
I get job updates from indeed got one on Monday it was for holland hiring for full time local cartage driver so I opened it and clicked on the page and it redirected me to www.yrcregionals.com and the job posting was on there to so I told a buddy yesterday that we were hiring he called me late last night and told me there was nothing on the web sight the only thing he seen was casual cartage drivers on indeed so what is going on you used to go to usfholland.com now it pulls up yrcregionals.com are we hiring or not.

I would suggest going to the local terminal first. We are gearing up for a bug spring. Most terminals are working a lean staff.

Some Terminals are hiring had a friend apply yesterday you have to go to yrcregional.com they do not take apps. at local yards. Only a few yards are hiring the list is on website

Seen the same thing from indeed.com,, kind of confusing I have to admit, I was just called back after being off 4 months to the date, still have 4 on lay-off with only 3 retirements..

i got called back in dec they called everyone back last week at my barn in ev lo driver said they were going to hire 10 city 2 cas so we ar moving in right dirac

weve been hearing the same rumors in to fliper, I dont think they are looking to hire 10 city but any amount of new hires is a good thing,, have to admit, been doing this a long time 24 years to be exact and am seeing freight Ive never seen before..

Toledo has called the last 4 men on lay-off to see if they are coming back, seen they going to be hiringoff the street for p&d, and it was rumored in the break room that they arelooking to add 5 four hour casuals.. Granted the equipment isnt the best, we can thank the big Yellow anchor for this, but try to find a 16.00 a hour job with benies in the Toledo area..

I have an interview in Atlanta on Tuesday. Whaddya all think, good move to come over from con-job? From a couple of friends who already are there say now is the time to make the jump, I'm #1 of 10 they're wanting to hire. They say its better, want to get as much info as possible before I make the jump. Tired of Con-way that's for sure!

I have an interview in Atlanta on Tuesday. Whaddya all think, good move to come over from con-job? From a couple of friends who already are there say now is the time to make the jump, I'm #1 of 10 they're wanting to hire. They say its better, want to get as much info as possible before I make the jump. Tired of Con-way that's for sure!
I hope your not quitting a full time job to come to this train wreck? We have guys still on layoff that they hired the last big hiring spree.they worked them 2 weeks then layed them off so they could sit by the phone and work them when they wanted.I feel sorry for the bottom guys,they let holland use them like scrap wood.they have all bottom guys at their beck and call with no recourse. I been here 21 years and would not recommend any one come here to work. Especially starting out at a 70% wages and another 15% cut on top of that with no pension left. Good luck.

486 even with all that said its probly one of the easiest best paying jobs in trucking. Ive been around between roadway and here 10yrs and while on layoff once or twice i worked at anther big co. and let me tell ya, this job is great compared to what others put up with. How would you like to work 70hrs a week, gross $1000 then they take 100-150 out for your bennys? Sleep in a truck maybe? Not sure what we pay new guys now but with what we do, I bet its better than most places. And for the pension yes id love to have it back and the 15%

486 even with all that said its probly one of the easiest best paying jobs in trucking. Ive been around between roadway and here 10yrs and while on layoff once or twice i worked at anther big co. and let me tell ya, this job is great compared to what others put up with. How would you like to work 70hrs a week, gross $1000 then they take 100-150 out for your bennys? Sleep in a truck maybe? Not sure what we pay new guys now but with what we do, I bet its better than most places. And for the pension yes id love to have it back and the 15%
sorry but I don't believe in lying to people like this company does,promising the moon to these new hires and shoving them to the curb. They would do it to us too if they could. Bottom line is about 15 bucks a hr and they are lucky to get 4 days in a good week starting at midnight Sunday and by tues coming in at noon if they work at all. No sugar coating. They will forever be waiting by the phone for a work call and be threatend if they don't.

And in regards to the job here,if the could pay us what you made where ever you worked they would.

sorry but I don't believe in lying to people like this company does,promising the moon to these new hires and shoving them to the curb. They would do it to us too if they could. Bottom line is about 15 bucks a hr and they are lucky to get 4 days in a good week starting at midnight Sunday and by tues coming in at noon if they work at all. No sugar coating. They will forever be waiting by the phone for a work call and be threatend if they don't.
We have hired about a dozen in the past few years. Nobody has been denied a day of work in over 3 years. If you were in linehaul and got laid off, city work*was made available.

We have hired about a dozen in the past few years. Nobody has been denied a day of work in over 3 years. If you were in linehaul and got laid off, city work*was made available.

You mean to tell me you work for holland,and that your terminal has not had a layoff in over 3 years? Sounds a little fishy to me.we are half the size we were 5 years ago.