XPO | Hours for new hires

You can get paid here. A lot of guys come from worse places than this. Sorry we aren't bowing down to your supreme wisdom.

Oh get off your high horse... Since when have you become the company cheerleader? I get paid just fine thanks. Without the crap you have bitched about and apparently is fine by you now. Did they send you through re-education camp? There's a reason it's always all about you, because you won't ever admit you're not always right!

No time is ever lost. Everyday is a learning experience. Use it that way.

Some people are so full of hate that they don't accept the real opportunity that exists here.

I am not saying it's perfect. But it is an opportunity to learn the trade in an environment full of turn over with people used to people not knowing what the heck they are doing.

True on the overtime, but if y'all are cutting all dock work off the drivers they're gonna cut runs. They're probably going to add more subservice which will also cut runs. I played the go backward every bid for 3 years. When those high seniority line drivers eventually get forced to the city how many hours you think a guy with a year or two is going to get any overtime? Hell he will be lucky to get 40 hours! At least at OD he will guaranteed get decent hours because we, unlike Con-way aren't trying to reinvent the wheel. Our model works and we stick with it.
No time and a half at Overtime Denied, layover, breakdown, and hook pay are minimum wage, waiting on loads off the clock. High premiums for garbage insurance. OD didnt reinvent anything.

No time is ever lost. Everyday is a learning experience. Use it that way.
No time and a half at Overtime Denied, layover, breakdown, and hook pay are minimum wage, waiting on loads off the clock. High premiums for garbage insurance. OD didnt reinvent anything.

What do you mean waiting for loads off the clock? Linehaul sits at the hotel until they call us and they don't usually call us until they're ready for us. And we get paid for that. Yeah yeah yeah I know it's minimum wage but to watch Judge Judy, I think it's pretty decent. I'm putting out minimum effort to get it. And our city drivers punch in at their appointed time and sit in the breakroom waiting when their loads aren't ready. Been there done that got the t-shirt. And it's for normal hourly wage. As far as the insurance, how do you know how much the premium is? How do you know if it's garbage? It's not garbage, and for a family in today's market (it's not 1974 anymore so no one gets free family insurance anymore and don't give me that crap about you paying nothing for your insurance, I'd say that 15% a week you're giving back might be paying just a little for it) my premiums are quite affordable.

I'm still curious why you hate OD so much. I still think you went in clandestinely and tried to get hired on there because you were tired of giving back 15% and they wouldn't hire you so you're jealous. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Some people are so full of hate that they don't accept the real opportunity that exists here.

I am not saying it's perfect. But it is an opportunity to learn the trade in an environment full of turn over with people used to people not knowing what the heck they are doing.

What opportunity? To move backward every bid because management is taking something away yet again? To have more and more of the operation handed to you to be trusted less and less to do it? To have management lording over you every second of the day and be micromanaged to the point of oblivion? Since when have you become such a Con-way cheerleader? Did they send you off to re-education camp?

I'm still curious why you hate OD so much. I still think you went in clandestinely and tried to get hired on there because you were tired of giving back 15% and they wouldn't hire you so you're jealous. Just my opinion.
Your opinion is dead wrong. Even with 15% giveback we are ahead of you. Ive never stepped foot in an OD facility. If I did I would have zero problem getting hired on.

Your opinion is dead wrong. Even with 15% giveback we are ahead of you. Ive never stepped foot in an OD facility. If I did I would have zero problem getting hired on.

You just keep telling yourself while you keep giving that 15% back there hoss. Bet it really chaps your ass. I know it would me. Probably helps now that they quit printing it on your check and rubbing it in your face.

Also, if you've never stepped foot inside an OD facility how do you know so much about our insurance? Inquiring minds want to know...

Drivers talk to each other. Even though OD drivers arent allowed to talk to union drivers, not all of you are as blissful as you think.

10,000 comedians out of work and you're trying to be funny!! Not "allowed" to talk to union drivers. Don't flatter yourself. I know not everyone is "blissful" here, as you say. I talk to a few from time to time. Most of them are guys that haven't worked anywhere else and don't know or have forgotten how good they have it here. Tell me, what all did they tell you about our **** poor insurance? I want details man! Show me just how bad I've got it over here! How ignorant I am to work for peanuts like I am!

What opportunity? To move backward every bid because management is taking something away yet again? To have more and more of the operation handed to you to be trusted less and less to do it? To have management lording over you every second of the day and be micromanaged to the point of oblivion? Since when have you become such a Con-way cheerleader? Did they send you off to re-education camp?
I don't want to make this personal and I hope you don't either. That being said, it seems to me that you're a kind of person who doesn't respect authority in the workplace. As a driver, I know what my job is and first and foremost, it's to carry out the wishes of my supervisors in a safe and efficient way. I know if I want to be a boss, I can go through the FMT programs and become a boss, so I don't resent bosses. I do not feel as though I'm being lorded over and micromanaged, I look at the P and D route as a team effort between myself and dispatch, the outbound as a team effort between me and the FOS. I get along with all my bosses without kissing ass and most nights, I go home as happy as I was when I came in. Con-way isn't to me all the bad stuff you think it is.

I don't want to make this personal and I hope you don't either. That being said, it seems to me that you're a kind of person who doesn't respect authority in the workplace. As a driver, I know what my job is and first and foremost, it's to carry out the wishes of my supervisors in a safe and efficient way. I know if I want to be a boss, I can go through the FMT programs and become a boss, so I don't resent bosses. I do not feel as though I'm being lorded over and micromanaged, I look at the P and D route as a team effort between myself and dispatch, the outbound as a team effort between me and the FOS. I get along with all my bosses without kissing ass and most nights, I go home as happy as I was when I came in. Con-way isn't to me all the bad stuff you think it is.

He's just another bitter former employee. No job is perfect. The driver looking for work here in Columbus won't be disappointed. We have lots to do.

I do respect authority in the workplace, very much in fact. What I don't respect is stupidity or a supervisor who thinks or insists he understands my job, but does not, and insists he knows more about what I do than I do. I do not respect or stand for double standards in the workplace, or special treatment for those who cannot or will not do the work or and the placement of their share on those of us who actually did the work. I don't respect the pinching of dimes in order to waste dollars elsewhere. I don't respect a company that thinks just because of my geographic location I was unworthy of overtime. I don't respect a company that tells me they want me to be "engaged" but only wish to hear what they want to hear. I'm very glad your experience with Con-way has been a pleasant one so far. I spent just a little over three years with them, and I am very glad I am no longer there. It seems that your experience is very much in the minority, if I read this forum correctly. My former co-workers tend to agree with me as well, and several left with me and are much happier now they are at OD as well.

Since you guys are now talking about OD, and not Conway, please take it to pm's to get this thread back on track with the op 's question.

Thanks.

There is more in the pm's. This conversation is all over the place. But thank you for pointing it out.

Is that what you tell yourself when you realize you've stayed at Con-way too long to leave? I DID use every day as a learning experience. That's why I'm not there anymore!!
I have learned to roll with the times. Been here 31plus years, have made a good living, it really is not greener on the other side everyplace had crosses to bare. I take control of my own destiny and in doing so provided very well for my family. Drove over the before I came here and was paid mileage onLy. So what is good for me maybe is not good for you.