XPO | Hours for new hires

So far you have been speaking for everyone BUT yourself. Feel free to buck that trend.

No, I've spoken for myself and myself alone, and I stand by my opinions.

Now, back to the original poster. If you choose Con-way as your next employer, I wish you all the best. I hope it works out to be a great experience for you. I just know based on the years I spent there that I am much happier elsewhere. I couldn't just stand by and not give my experience so that the buyer might beware. One thing I will say, if you are coming from the truckload sector, you will do far better in the ltl world, no matter who you work for. Service rank is much more important in this sector, so it is best to choose a carrier that you can see yourself at for a long time. Choose wisely.

I come from the foodservice side. I make great money,but my body is paying for it. I would like to earn at a minimum 75k a year.

Not gonna get that starting out at Con-way. If you haven't already gotten a PM from anyone in the area, you might not. There used to be a good bit of those guys on here. Many have jumped ship.

No, I've spoken for myself and myself alone, and I stand by my opinions.

Now, back to the original poster. If you choose Con-way as your next employer, I wish you all the best. I hope it works out to be a great experience for you. I just know based on the years I spent there that I am much happier elsewhere. I couldn't just stand by and not give my experience so that the buyer might beware. One thing I will say, if you are coming from the truckload sector, you will do far better in the ltl world, no matter who you work for. Service rank is much more important in this sector, so it is best to choose a carrier that you can see yourself at for a long time. Choose wisely.

He has yet to ask about OD at all. But you keep selling it to him.

OD sucks. They take advantage of their drivers in the worst way. I have never met a happy OD city driver. As far as linehaul goes, I was just reading ob the OD thread about a guy who got a bunch of bug bites all over him at the crap motel OD put him up in. Here at our place, we all go home every night Go sell OD on your own board and get over how much you hate our place.

OD sucks. They take advantage of their drivers in the worst way. I have never met a happy OD city driver. As far as linehaul goes, I was just reading ob the OD thread about a guy who got a bunch of bug bites all over him at the crap motel OD put him up in. Here at our place, we all go home every night Go sell OD on your own board and get over how much you hate our place.

So how long have you worked at OD? I have worked as a happy OD city driver so you have met one.

Congratulations. You go home every night. We choose what we do. I gave up nightly home time and went back on the road to get away from Con-way. I'm happy you're all pompoms and cheerleaders for Con-way. I can tell you that working for both, I wouldn't go back to Con-way if it were the last trucking gig on earth. I would work for Swift first.

Thats awsome. I was just reading on the OD thread how your complaining over there now. Thats nice, I would work for any other LTL carrier before I work for OD. Stick to complaining about your outfit driver and let us complain about ours.

Thats awsome. I was just reading on the OD thread how your complaining over there now. Thats nice, I would work for any other LTL carrier before I work for OD. Stick to complaining about your outfit driver and let us complain about ours.

Aren't you one for stretching the truth!! Of course you would gouge your own eye out to protect the precious! How about you get your facts straight and then get back to me. All right, off you go then.

How 'bout you go ahead and tell old dad how the evil OD takes advantage of its drivers in the worst way... That linehaul driver what got bit up by bedbugs, you make it sound like we get mistreated, how bout you tell the rest of the story. His terminal manager and the Indy terminal acted on that immediately. Like I said, you'd gouge your own eye out to protect the precious. Your bias is palpable. Get back under your rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
How 'bout you go ahead and tell old dad how the evil OD takes advantage of its drivers in the worst way... That linehaul driver what got bit up by bedbugs, you make it sound like we get mistreated, how bout you tell the rest of the story. His terminal manager and the Indy terminal acted on that immediately. Like I said, you'd gouge your own eye out to protect the precious. Your bias is palpable. Get back under your rock and masturbate to your swi book.

And your bias isn't ?

Just another bitter former employee.

I still don't think I would keep trucking. The damn laws are so constrictive. The public on the roads are so careless. There is only so much reward being offered for these risks any more. Obamacare ruined our insurance. Retirement is a joke. We all gonna be working until we die. Well, probably not all. There are a lucky few. Dwindling numbers keep drivers working long hours. Which is good at first. When you are desperate and chasing that money. But then you realize it's just a prolonged exposure over time. Making it that much more certain that your number will be up.

Really. It's all the same. This company or that one. Driving don't pay. It's why we can't hire anybody. It's why the industry is a mess. Just a bunch of middle aged retreads switching from one uniform to another. Chasing a few more pennies a mile.

How 'bout you go ahead and tell old dad how the evil OD takes advantage of its drivers in the worst way... That linehaul driver what got bit up by bedbugs, Like I said, you'd gouge your own eye out to protect the precious. Your bias is palpable. Get back under your rock and masturbate to your swi book.
you tell us all that in your posts on the OD board which is where you should be posting. OD city drivers never get a dime of OT. NEVER and you are complaining about that yourself. You were also posting on the OD board how much better your insurance was over here with us. What you have to say about our place is irrelevant because you are the past. You talk trash on our board on a post from a new guy asking what kind of hours he can get, go talk trash on your board you troll. You live under a bridge and also, your post is kind of hostile and gross considering you don't belong on our forum to begin with. I just reported it. You don't post crap like that on the OD board but you do on ours. Why is that? They got your whining and complaining in check over there I guess so you come back over here to get it out. Your codriver says its time to hit it and TROLL along down the road. Have a safe trip.

Really. It's all the same. This company or that one. Driving don't pay. It's why we can't hire anybody. It's why the industry is a mess. Just a bunch of middle aged retreads switching from one uniform to another. Chasing a few more pennies a mile.
I made 89k last year, saving 15% in my 401k. I will continue to keep on trucking with outfit as long as the money is like that and I will continue to save so that I can retire someday. Its all what you make of it I guess. I provide for my family really well doing this, at a level that I could not doing something else I think. Lets roll.

you tell us all that in your posts on the OD board which is where you should be posting. OD city drivers never get a dime of OT. NEVER and you are complaining about that yourself. You were also posting on the OD board how much better your insurance was over here with us. What you have to say about our place is irrelevant because you are the past. You talk trash on our board on a post from a new guy asking what kind of hours he can get, go talk trash on your board you troll. You live under a bridge and also, your post is kind of hostile and gross considering you don't belong on our forum to begin with. I just reported it. You don't post crap like that on the OD board but you do on ours. Why is that? They got your whining and complaining in check over there I guess so you come back over here to get it out. Your codriver says its time to hit it and TROLL along down the road. Have a safe trip.

You know, I was out of line. I had been drinking a bit and shouldn't have been allowed near my phone. I apologize. But please don't grossly misrepresent what I've said on the OD forum. That's what pissed me off.

Apology accepted. I do not take this stuff personal driver and you shouldn't either. I understand you do not like our outfit and thats why you left. Thats cool, it takes some guts to go somewhere new and I respect that. That being said, you don't have any business talking trash about our place to one of our new guys. This is our house, you chose to move out so be cool when you visit.

Apology accepted. I do not take this stuff personal driver and you shouldn't either. I understand you do not like our outfit and thats why you left. Thats cool, it takes some guts to go somewhere new and I respect that. That being said, you don't have any business talking trash about our place to one of our new guys. This is our house, you chose to move out so be cool when you visit.

And you don't have any business grossly misrepresenting what I say on other forums either.