TForce | How about an equipment appearance policy?

Talking about clean trucks... Every time I get into a truck, The city driver leaves crap laying all over the inside of the cab. I just pull up to the garbage can and load it up, I think we should keep the inside clear of objects in case of problems.

Like this rule in FMCSA: §398.4 Driving of motor vehicles. (g)(3) Interference with driver. No motor vehicle shall be driven when any object obscures his/her view ahead, or to the right or left sides, or to the rear, or interferes with the free movement of his/her arms or legs, or prevents his/her free and ready access to the accessories required for emergencies, or prevents the free and ready exit of any person from the cab or driver's compartment.

I'm sorry but our mothers don't work with us... Take the crap out of the trucks!!!

When they leave crap in a truck I just throw it out on the ground, If I know whose it is I'll stick it in their diad charger in the office.

Why do you guys care what the feeder and package drivers think? They're just an employee just like you are and equals at that. I, personally, am not looking for approval from them in any way.

In my opinion, this is UPS's problem and one I'm sure they're well aware of. If any of the package guys have a problem with it, tell them to call your TM or talk to their supervisor. I'm sure their concerns will go about as far as yours have in your talks to your TM.

What concerns me to an extent though is that I was told that the rebranding would take three years from May of 2006. When I look around the yard I see more than 50% Overnite and Motor Cargo equipment. I don't see it happening. But like the above question, this one also lies in UPS's hands. I am confident that they'll take care of it and all will be good.

Some of our guys keep their trucks spotless (usually the roaddrivers), other than that, I'll leave the persons garbage in there and go about my day, but I do clean up after myself. I've never been questioned about on-property-time, usually they rush us off the yard, my favorite is when I have a flat and tell them about it, and have to wait for the repair contractor to come out...if I take a road unit out for my route, I'll hose it off when I get back, no one says anything about it, if they do f*** 'em!

Skeeter when you talk about rebranding being done, are you talking about the refurbishing of the newer Overnite and Motor Cargo trailers and repainting? Or the city trailers they were relining w/ plywood, and replacing side panels and fixing dents then painting? I'm just curious, I work at a terminal with no shop, so I don't hear these things...

Hopefully UPS won't be buying any second hand 48's and 53's for city use, like Overnite did with these Celadon and Dixieland Express trailers...We only have a few of the newer UPS Freight load bar 48's.

I guess each individual shop that was chosen to do the painting had to use that paint, I know when our tractors went out to a local paint shop, they messed up the paint scheme on one of our Volvos along the back of the cab...

I think it would have just been cheaper for UPS to buy some battleship grey paint from the U.S. Navy by the truckload to paint over all these pups!

Notice the date of this article. We were told at the begining of this year that it was too expensive to rebrand afterall. You would think that all the newer trucks and trailers would have gotten done. Especially the ones UPS bought us the year they bought us. We have solid blue 12 series and I don't think they are going to paint them. We have older 11 series that were rebranded.......I don't get it. DUI your right. You would think that they would at least slap a coat of battleship grey over the junk. Heck they don't even have to put the acorns on the sides. It would be a step forward and go along way of getting the "O" and "MC" name out of the way. But with the current national economic woes, we might be driving around in junk for years to come!!! :hysterical:

I feel they should have a terminal wide campaign and remove, strip off or paint over all the old "O" banners on the tractors and trailers.

Our customers are getting confused and some are remembering the King of Damage crown "O" once wore.

Had a customer wonder when UPS got into the freight business, he was very happy.
When I told him the story, he didn't believe me. I told him to go out and look at my Duct Tape wonder.
He squirmed and said, "Oh they did buy Overnite, Didn't they damage everything?"

The new district manager stopped in for meet and greet. We cornered him and told him about the complaints by customers about our pathetic appearances.
We also told him about the terrible condition of our lot. Half dirt and stone,half broken pavement. Big chunks of rock and blacktop all over the place. We told him about the Co. engineer who was evaluating our facilities, who told our T.M. that ours is the worst lot he's seen anywhere. Jeez, even one of our mechanics blew out his knee walking across the lot last year.He was out for a couple months.
Safety...?? Only if it's convenient and cost affective.
Oh, his reply was that due to the economy,all projects were on hold.... ya....

Watkins had white equipment,like Conway has. It's an easy rebrand,unlike our blue and grey. UPS leases all white road equipment ( Freightliner condos) if needed. If our colors were white, the rebranding would have been over in a year. But, gold and brown 'acorns' on blue and grey?? yech!!! I agree with the previous idea,paint all the old equipment grey and slap an acorn on it. Just until newer stuff comes in and replaces the old. We just got two brand new VN-series Volvos with the composite headlights,and moved out a couple Intl's for loaners. Funny thing is, is that we still run a couple 17-series v/w's. Oh well....

Funny thing is, is that we still run a couple 17-series v/w's. Oh well....[/QUOTE]

Would love to have the 17 series volvo's. what an upgrade from what we have.

We still have the CF equipment around! Check out some of the Motor Cargo pups, the ones with the red landing gear, read rear bumper, some still have the CF numbers inside on the walls, you can see the brackets where the CF logo plates were installed along the sides...The sad thing is these CF pups are holding up alot better than some of the "O" pups I see, I think I spotted an "O" pup with a build date of 1988 a few weeks back...

I'd still much rather have one of those CF Freightliners over the junk American Freightways repaints "O" bought, would be a step up from what we have on our yard any day!

At the time CF went under they were testing brand new Freightliners at the time...NW had some interesting equipment, majority being Freightliner as well, alot of cabovers.

In the east, NW had all new Freightliners. The trailers were some old, some newer. The thing that made it special was, almost all the property worth anything was sold off before the bankruptcy filing. Yeah, I took a major screwing from good old Jerry. As did many others. Good to know he never suffered a day from what he did. But eternity awaits, maybe that judge will see things a bit differently.

UPS doesn't care about UPS Freight. We are the bargining chip to help negotiate on the small pack side. If you were with O when they bought us, you will never be BROWN in their eyes. They did look at washing more but too expensive.

UPS doesn't care about UPS Freight. We are the bargining chip to help negotiate on the small pack side. If you were with O when they bought us, you will never be BROWN in their eyes. They did look at washing more but too expensive.

Who cares! We don't want to be brown either. But being a bargaining chip as you put it for brown helps us get a better contract to. All you cry babies on this board need to be thankful you have a job. And I might add a very good paying job with great benefits. I'm sure glad the drivers on this board is a very small majority of whiners we have working for this company. I think it will only get better as the economy turns around and it will. All whiners just remember one thing. There is a very long line waiting for your job. So do us all a favor and let one of them have it.

You know you aren't going to do that. So just stay here and post how bad you got it and the rest of us will continue to laugh.

This is not directed to you directly MFASU but to all those malcontents that know they would never come close to a job this good if they left. But then again all companies have them we are not the only one. :1036316054:

I met our new Northeast regional Director and several of us complained about the appearance and lack of a working wash bay. He told us that it is a common complaint everywhere and that he even complained while he was a T.M....But!!...he said that due to costs of repairs and the economy,the company put wash bay repairs on hold. whatever...

Skeeter you are exactly right. We are a barginning chip but one tied to a sound finiancial base. Which is very unlike Yellow,Roadway,TNT Holland and just insert the name. That's big business, there are fish and there are larger fish that gobble them up.

Who cares! We don't want to be brown either. But being a bargaining chip as you put it for brown helps us get a better contract to. All you cry babies on this board need to be thankful you have a job. And I might add a very good paying job with great benefits. I'm sure glad the drivers on this board is a very small majority of whiners we have working for this company. I think it will only get better as the economy turns around and it will. All whiners just remember one thing. There is a very long line waiting for your job. So do us all a favor and let one of them have it.

You know you aren't going to do that. So just stay here and post how bad you got it and the rest of us will continue to laugh.

This is not directed to you directly MFASU but to all those malcontents that know they would never come close to a job this good if they left. But then again all companies have them we are not the only one. :1036316054:

Skeeter, You are exactly right. In this historic poor economy, I sure am glad I have the shield behind me. I do feel a bit safer not worrying if my employer will be the next to go bankrupt.:1036316054: