R&L | How Did R&l Get So F'ed Up

zrt_1000

TB Lurker
Credits
This company was one of the best in class...it is now a clown show. Either Robbie or Zimmerman is sucking the bong pipe.

This company was one of the best in class...it is now a clown show. Either Robbie or Zimmerman is sucking the bong pipe.
Zimmie tanked yella... now he’s tankin R&L
Things could always be worse. You could work for SAIA. From what I see and hear about R+L is they do have some problems but nothing the other big players don’t have as well. The pay and equipment is good too so I wouldn’t complain excessively.

We used to be the highest paid... Now our top rate is lower than other ltl starting rate.. Hard to get good drivers now because they are going where the money is :(

Seems
Things could always be worse. You could work for SAIA. From what I see and hear about R+L is they do have some problems but nothing the other big players don’t have as well. The pay and equipment is good too so I wouldn’t complain excessively.
seems
Things could always be worse. You could work for SAIA. From what I see and hear about R+L is they do have some problems but nothing the other big players don’t have as well. The pay and equipment is good too

20+ years ago, we all knew SR appreciated us and the work we did. A lot of us felt like we were a part of something special. One of the nicest men I’ve ever met.

After observing and talking to many LTL drivers, most of the companies go thru the same . LTL is one of the best types of local driving jobs but it is very stressful if the people running the show aren't doing it correctly. It could be a easy going job with little stress with the right people in place.

The volvo at the end was the proper vehicle

o6U4Dkp.jpg

I have my own private dealership.

In Hartford, Our biggest problem is too much freight. They were supposed to add on to our terminal but they never did. They decided to build a new one in the future instead but all the pass though freight they wanted to move through us still came so now we have too much freight and not enough dock which causes us to get out later and later now on the city. That said, Im still happier here than I was with FedEx freight.

In Hartford, Our biggest problem is too much freight. They were supposed to add on to our terminal but they never did. They decided to build a new one in the future instead but all the pass though freight they wanted to move through us still came so now we have too much freight and not enough dock which causes us to get out later and later now on the city. That said, Im still happier here than I was with FedEx freight.
Like you said you have a total of 1 swap. Doing a swap after putting in your 10 hours can wear you down. Come on down to Dallas and find out why the turnover at hubs.... I mean real hubs.... is so huge. In Hartford you can ride the clock out there under a shade tree and get 10 hours and know you’re going home. I’m not bashing I’m just speaking the truth. I still remember the day a Wichita transfer driver came in and they told him he had a swap....he said “what’s a swap?” Enough said

Like you said you have a total of 1 swap. Doing a swap after putting in your 10 hours can wear you down. Come on down to Dallas and find out why the turnover at hubs.... I mean real hubs.... is so huge. In Hartford you can ride the clock out there under a shade tree and get 10 hours and know you’re going home. I’m not bashing I’m just speaking the truth. I still remember the day a Wichita transfer driver came in and they told him he had a swap....he said “what’s a swap?” Enough said
Actually up to 3 now but seriously, why the ***** measuring contest? I get it, your bigger.

Last edited: