R&L | How Did R&l Get So F'ed Up

To open, I am not an R&L employee. That said my company, A Duie Pyle has positions called swaps. Not at all terminals. Drivers start anywhere from 0900 to 1600. They do just that. Maybe a volume, or a small 2-3 stopper then do the swaps. The later guys will take empties, do swaps. When swaps are done , they may do a short linehaul. Seems to work out

Visitor here. I can only assume swaps mostly get done by the guys with volume stops, fewer per day. If your mgt is worth a darn, they (unfortunately) give less work to those that accomplish less. The smart lazy will do swaps ev’day to avoid being questioned on their productivity.
We’ve got 16 to 25 year seniority drivers coming in at 7 to 730.......running their routes in Fort Worth.....getting back to the yard at 530 then getting sent on swaps. 99%of routes are your average working route. Lift gates. Inside delivery type. You know the norm. Most of the REAL hubs employ the swap. Shadow works at a facility that isn’t the norm. Those employed at that facility and some other R&L facilities should consider themselves lucky. I am not complaining just stating a fact.

To open, I am not an R&L employee. That said my company, A Duie Pyle has positions called swaps. Not at all terminals. Drivers start anywhere from 0900 to 1600. They do just that. Maybe a volume, or a small 2-3 stopper then do the swaps. The later guys will take empties, do swaps. When swaps are done , they may do a short linehaul. Seems to work out
Not the case at MOST hubs but terminals like Atlanta have a staff of guys who just do swaps. They use to have 150 plus swaps every day

Dallas has 125 p&d drivers of which 45 to 50 get that delicious swap after doing their route. Lots of turnover in Dallas especially. I think Atlanta has about 150 swaps each day. That must be a real madhouse.
Atlanta can be a madhouse at times, but I kind of miss it. There’s pretty much always a good choice of runs to bid on if you want something different. I live closer to Chattanooga anyway and don’t miss the ATL traffic.

Atlanta can be a madhouse at times, but I kind of miss it. There’s pretty much always a good choice of runs to bid on if you want something different. I live closer to Chattanooga anyway and don’t miss the ATL traffic.
How is the Chattanooga terminal to work at? That is at the top of my list of places to move to.

Sounds like easy work...

Wish that was the case. Sadly, at my barn and many others at R+L, the first back is forced to do the swaps so the really crappy drivers who are coddled by the TM just stay our longer and end up not doing anything.
You can fix that if you all decide to do what the slackers do. Tm will have to find a solution then. He’s not going to fire all of you and maybe get forced to send a slacker out on a swap