ODFL | How GOOD is your PRETRIP

Lights, tires, air leaks, fluid levels, belts, hoses are the big ones. I like the fact that at the bigger yards maintenance has a cart out checking all trailers in the yard, I rarely see any issues. What aggravates me is drivers parking trucks on the ready line with the engine malfunction light on. That and our shop not actually fixing the problem on tractors, just put a bandaid on it and hope for the best.

Another question for the drivers that pull doubles/triples.
You checked for air flow to the rear trailer opening and closing red shut off valve. You checked for air leaks by supplying air to trailers and stepped on brake pedal to also check for leaks (audible and loss of air pressure in gauges). You noticed air pressure drop rather fast on the service side, how do you find out where the leak is ?

Another question for the drivers that pull doubles/triples.
You checked for air flow to the rear trailer opening and closing red shut off valve. You checked for air leaks by supplying air to trailers and stepped on brake pedal to also check for leaks (audible and loss of air pressure in gauges). You noticed air pressure drop rather fast on the service side, how do you find out where the leak is ?
well if you really cared you can use something to wedge against the brake pedal, or you can ask a fellow driver to listen for ya. I would suggest swinging by the shop "if available" anytime you are concerned about a issue regarding equipment especially brakes. I wish are trucks had a johnson bar but it seems like none of the new ones do anymore.

well if you really cared you can use something to wedge against the brake pedal, or you can ask a fellow driver to listen for ya. I would suggest swinging by the shop "if available" anytime you are concerned about a issue regarding equipment especially brakes. I wish are trucks had a johnson bar but it seems like none of the new ones do anymore.
Yes, I really do care. Yes, you should use something to hold the brake peddle down and insure truck is in gear with engine off, and if you have chocks, chock the wheels.
Just think how long it would take to preform a good PRETRIP on a set of doubles/triples.

Are you practicing for your next trainee? Or do you really think everyone on here is that lost when it comes to our job?
No, I do not think everyone is lost on here. But do you think that some might be scratching their heads, thinking did I check this or that ? Sharing knowledge goes a long way.
How many times have you seen Drivers bump and run ?

No, I do not think everyone is lost on here. But do you think that some might be scratching their heads, thinking did I check this or that ? Sharing knowledge goes a long way.
How many times have you seen Drivers bump and run ?

Then start a "Dear Abby" post. You could call it "Get in the game" hosted by inthegame. Let drivers who need an expert ask an expert. I'm sure there are plenty of drivers who have good questions for you. But you asking questions any driver out of school can answer is not productive and again makes you sound like a know it all. If I have a question for you I'll ask. You want to comment on something I say, please feel free. But I really don't need you or anyone else for that matter assuming I don't know what I'm doing. My record speaks for it's self. I drive in a tough region and other then the ice in the north west probably the toughest conditions in the continental US. So you just stay down on the 10 and keep those sun glasses handy and run that ROI till it burst. If you want some fun I'll be on top of Elk Mtn or Vail pass if the wind and ice are too bad in Wyoming. But bring your parka because it get cold at 10,662 feet.:cold:

Then start a "Dear Abby" post. You could call it "Get in the game" hosted by inthegame. Let drivers who need an expert ask an expert. I'm sure there are plenty of drivers who have good questions for you. But you asking questions any driver out of school can answer is not productive and again makes you sound like a know it all. If I have a question for you I'll ask. You want to comment on something I say, please feel free. But I really don't need you or anyone else for that matter assuming I don't know what I'm doing. My record speaks for it's self. I drive in a tough region and other then the ice in the north west probably the toughest conditions in the continental US. So you just stay down on the 10 and keep those sun glasses handy and run that ROI till it burst. If you want some fun I'll be on top of Elk Mtn or Vail pass if the wind and ice are too bad in Wyoming. But bring your parka because it get cold at 10,662 feet.:cold:

LOL @ Line drivers acting tougher than the others because they drive a road thousands of other truck drivers do each day!

Maybe things have calmed down and we can continue.....
During your PRETRIP you notice a white light on the left side of your trailer that is on (this only happens with the key on and your trailer supply vale in) what does the light indicate ?

Maybe things have calmed down and we can continue.....
During your PRETRIP you notice a white light on the left side of your trailer that is on (this only happens with the key on and your trailer supply vale in) what does the light indicate ?
Low tire pressure... next!!!