ODFL | How GOOD is your PRETRIP

Work with me Billy... You'll never get an overweight trailer or the wrong hazmat paperwork. I get to my meet point on time. I get back so the city guys have a tractor to use. Clean Windows, fuel topped off and a good post trip so you don't have to get a tire our light fixed before you head out on your day in the city.

That's great, but what'd be best for the rest of us is for you to lose your bitter Purple attitude that all FedEx people carry around here. I just hope you're better than the rest of the FedEx drivers up in the PNW and wash your hands after taking a 10-100 before handing another driver your trip packets!

That's great, but what'd be best for the rest of us is for you to lose your bitter Purple attitude that all FedEx people carry around here. I just hope you're better than the rest of the FedEx drivers up in the PNW and wash your hands after taking a 10-100 before handing another driver your trip packets!
I love the way you say I have a bitter attitude. Have you looked in the mirror. I my argue with people on here but it's all banter, even with you. But you choose to make it personal saying I have to clean my mouth up yet I've never said anything to you that you haven't said to me. You can bash FedEx all you want, I haven't worked their in over 3 years. I'm not ex FedEx Billy, I'm OD. Is OD the only trucking job you've ever had? No, then you can from somewhere else too. But my guess is that when you came over the people at OD welcomed you, it's a shame you choose to be what you are. Saying all FedEx guys don't wash their hands is just plain idiotic. Do you stand their all day and watch all the guys going to the bathroom or what. I carry disinfectant wipes just for that reason. My cab gets a good wipe down before and after I drive that rig.
Arguing with you is like banging my head against the wall. Always comes back to me being ex FedEx, your job being harder then mine, me making more money then you and you wanting me to make less.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm not playing the game anymore, your the first person I've put on my ignore list.

I love the way you say I have a bitter attitude. Have you looked in the mirror. I my argue with people on here but it's all banter, even with you. But you choose to make it personal saying I have to clean my mouth up yet I've never said anything to you that you haven't said to me. You can bash FedEx all you want, I haven't worked their in over 3 years. I'm not ex FedEx Billy, I'm OD. Is OD the only trucking job you've ever had? No, then you can from somewhere else too. But my guess is that when you came over the people at OD welcomed you, it's a shame you choose to be what you are. Saying all FedEx guys don't wash their hands is just plain idiotic. Do you stand their all day and watch all the guys going to the bathroom or what. I carry disinfectant wipes just for that reason. My cab gets a good wipe down before and after I drive that rig.
Arguing with you is like banging my head against the wall. Always comes back to me being ex FedEx, your job being harder then mine, me making more money then you and you wanting me to make less.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm not playing the game anymore, your the first person I've put on my ignore list.

I'm not asking for a miracle, just wash your hands when you're done taking a dump.

Work with me Billy... You'll never get an overweight trailer or the wrong hazmat paperwork. I get to my meet point on time. I get back so the city guys have a tractor to use. Clean Windows, fuel topped off and a good post trip so you don't have to get a tire our light fixed before you head out on your day in the city.
You must have scales in your yard. The equipment is well taken care of at OD, not like at other companies I pulled for.

You must have scales in your yard. The equipment is well taken care of at OD, not like at other companies I pulled for.
We do..And I use it every night. The equipment is the best I've worked with. Good Pre and Post trips helps maintain quality and also doesn't mess up another driver.

We do..And I use it every night. The equipment is the best I've worked with. Good Pre and Post trips helps maintain quality and also doesn't mess up another driver.
SCALE.....Ref page 63 of the "Drivers Handbook".
This bothers me to no end to have trailers to come into a yard that has NOT been scaled, especially when they are at 16,000lbs or more. Yes, I have seen trailers over axle weight at this weight. Maybe not over gross but over axle.
Just putting weights in BLU is not good enough. If the set is split up the weights do not follow each trailer in the BLU. The only time weights stay in the BLU is when the trailers are left together in the original set.
Look at Manifest, below the Manifest number, you will see these areas to fill in. Dispatch (from where), Driver (your number), Tractor (your tractor number), Front Axle (drive/jiff axle), Rear Axle (rear axle of trailer), there is no place for steer axle. Add these up and you can find out if you are over gross or if you have an axle over.

Reactions: Ump
SCALE.....Ref page 63 of the "Drivers Handbook".
This bothers me to no end to have trailers to come into a yard that has NOT been scaled, especially when they are at 16,000lbs or more. Yes, I have seen trailers over axle weight at this weight. Maybe not over gross but over axle.
Just putting weights in BLU is not good enough. If the set is split up the weights do not follow each trailer in the BLU. The only time weights stay in the BLU is when the trailers are left together in the original set.
Look at Manifest, below the Manifest number, you will see these areas to fill in. Dispatch (from where), Driver (your number), Tractor (your tractor number), Front Axle (drive/jiff axle), Rear Axle (rear axle of trailer), there is no place for steer axle. Add these up and you can find out if you are over gross or if you have an axle over.

We run twin screws so we don't put the numbers into the blu. If you put in anything over 20,000 lbs it tells you your over weight and you have to re dispatch. We write the weights down on the hook card we get from dispatch and make sure your meet driver knows it was scaled by a twin screw if they are in a single axel. All the trailers we take go to SLC for break or relay. If they go out again that driver should scale them before he leaves.

We run twin screws so we don't put the numbers into the blu. If you put in anything over 20,000 lbs it tells you your over weight and you have to re dispatch. We write the weights down on the hook card we get from dispatch and make sure your meet driver knows it was scaled by a twin screw if they are in a single axel. All the trailers we take go to SLC for break or relay. If they go out again that driver should scale them before he leaves.
Do you get a manifest for each trailer?
If you do I can tell if the load was brought with a SCREW or not. Ref: your tractor number if 1st number is 3 you have a screw, 2 you have a single axle.
That is only IF you fill in the information.

Do you get a manifest for each trailer?
If you do I can tell if the load was brought with a SCREW or not. Ref: your tractor number if 1st number is 3 you have a screw, 2 you have a single axle.
That is only IF you fill in the information.
I know how to tell what the tractors are. What I ment by letting your meet guy know is before he rolls does he need a twin screw or not. Our side has them for most of our west runs. The guys we meet don't always have one. All the trailers we take WAM are going to SLC. So the info on the hook card is all they need. It's either SLC freight or a relay. So more freight is going to be put on or it's being pulled out of SLC which means it should be scaled as a set out of there.

I know how to tell what the tractors are. What I ment by letting your meet guy know is before he rolls does he need a twin screw or not. Our side has them for most of our west runs. The guys we meet don't always have one. All the trailers we take WAM are going to SLC. So the info on the hook card is all they need. It's either SLC freight or a relay. So more freight is going to be put on or it's being pulled out of SLC which means it should be scaled as a set out of there.
If the seal is broken at the next SC the manifest number changes. Which also means the trailer could be heavier/lighter.

Just got a good question asked.
Can you tow a Jiff (Dolly, congear) behind a tractor ?
Can you tow a Jiff behind a trailer ?

This one might depend on your city or state you drive in. We are allowed to pull a gear with a tractor only on local streets. No HWYs. If you pull a gear with a trailer the air lines must be hooked up with air to the pinel hook to be legal. WY want air to the breaks as well, but that's asking for trouble in the snow.

Umm yeah...
Does the Dolly have the necessary lighting....think not, read 393.25
6Ls3Ztz.jpg

This one might depend on your city or state you drive in. We are allowed to pull a gear with a tractor only on local streets. No HWYs. If you pull a gear with a trailer the air lines must be hooked up with air to the pinel hook to be legal. WY want air to the breaks as well, but that's asking for trouble in the snow.
True...State laws do need to be met, but Federal Laws have to be met before State Laws.
See above or read FMCSR 393.25.
As far has hooking up the red line and supplying air, yes. This pushes out the ram and supplies air to the Dolly and if the Dolly breaks away the brakes go on.
Also Safety Chain to be used.
Blue line hooked up, but valve closed. You do not want any braking on the Dolly during normal brake applications.
Electrical line hooked up also.
Electric and air lines that were going to next trailer.....secured/stowed.