ODFL | How GOOD is your PRETRIP

With the red air line connected to the blue glad hand on the trailer the brakes would be applied once you pressed in the red knob. Do I get a prize?
You'll have to wait for professor inthegame. I said it would roll, .witch was the question and he said wrong. My explanation may have been wrong but I think I should partial credit. He's a tough grader.

With the red air line connected to the blue glad hand on the trailer the brakes would be applied once you pressed in the red knob. Do I get a prize?
Incorrect.
When you put the red air line on the blue glad hand and supply (push the Trailer air supply knob in) the trailer with pressure will/not go any further except to a check valve and stop there. No air pressure to the brakes.
You need a TROLLEY/HAND BRAKE to accomplish the question first asked.

Easy does it dock bumper!

Have dispatch give you a route in a pup and you'd go from tough guy to cry baby in .000001 seconds! OD pulls guys off the dock that never graduated high school to drive the same roads you do! Piece of cake.

Have dispatch give you a route in a pup and you'd go from tough guy to cry baby in .000001 seconds! OD pulls guys off the dock that never graduated high school to drive the same roads you do! Piece of cake.
You act like we have never done p&d. Have your dispatch run you over the mountain with a set of empty's in a blizzard. Your underwear would go from white to brown in .000001 seconds

Incorrect.
When you put the red air line on the blue glad hand and supply (push the Trailer air supply knob in) the trailer with pressure will/not go any further except to a check valve and stop there. No air pressure to the brakes.
You need a TROLLEY/HAND BRAKE to accomplish the question first asked.
not so fast there teacher with the lines crossed and with a hand brake you still WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE TRAILERS SINCE YOUR SERVICE SIDE BRAKES WOULD BE APPLIED DUE TO THE FACT YOU HAVE RED BUTTON PUSHED IN,the parking brakes would release with you held down the hand brake but the service brakes would then be applied. Gold starts for everybody anyways "nuff said time for some sleep everybody stay safe

You act like we have never done p&d. Have your dispatch run you over the mountain with a set of empty's in a blizzard. Your underwear would go from white to brown in .000001 seconds

Been there and thrown the iron! Yawn, don't you guys ever have any real challenges? If the DOT trucks are plowing your roads, you're not really blazing any trails. Still easier than running in a snowed in city trying to get in/out of unplowed lots! Giddy up wheel holders and get that freight to the terminal on time so the true face of OD can service the customers in the day.

not so fast there teacher with the lines crossed and with a hand brake you still WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE TRAILERS SINCE YOUR SERVICE SIDE BRAKES WOULD BE APPLIED DUE TO THE FACT YOU HAVE RED BUTTON PUSHED IN,the parking brakes would release with you held down the hand brake but the service brakes would then be applied. Gold starts for everybody anyways "nuff said time for some sleep everybody stay safe
You are correct, forgot to mention to put a quarter between red glad hand and trailer mount. Now try it and see what happens.

You hooked up your first trailer and did a tug test, the wheels on the trailer rolled. Does that mean the brakes are out of adjustment ? Do you need to call the shop to have them adjusted or what ?

Been there and thrown the iron! Yawn, don't you guys ever have any real challenges? If the DOT trucks are plowing your roads, you're not really blazing any trails. Still easier than running in a snowed in city trying to get in/out of unplowed lots! Giddy up wheel holders and get that freight to the terminal on time so the true face of OD can service the customers in the day.
Even more fun trying to back into below level docks that have not been sanded or plowed. Then try and get out....giddy up horsey...

Hate to tell you AGAIN Billy, but I've done dock work, P&D, and linehaul. Both here and at FedEx. The ONLY one that's hard is dock work. I'll leave that to the young guns. Before you go all "my job is harder then yours" on me, go back and read our previous encounters. This argument is getting old with you, so please don't go away mad... just go away!

Hate to tell you AGAIN Billy, but I've done dock work, P&D, and linehaul. Both here and at FedEx. The ONLY one that's hard is dock work. I'll leave that to the young guns. Before you go all "my job is harder then yours" on me, go back and read our previous encounters. This argument is getting old with you, so please don't go away mad... just go away!

Got to say it's getting real old with you FedEx transplants trashing the trucks lately. What the heck did they teach you guys over there? Our FedEx people here blow clutches on the daily and leave a trail of filth as a MO for every tractor they get into! One guy takes a dump in the bathroom and walks right out without washing the hands. Then there's a line driver from FedEx who's dried up spit is all over the windshield after a long night of babbling to his buddies on the blu-parrot. And with your mouth, you could probably clean up your act as well.

Got to say it's getting real old with you FedEx transplants trashing the trucks lately. What the heck did they teach you guys over there? Our FedEx people here blow clutches on the daily and leave a trail of filth as a MO for every tractor they get into! One guy takes a dump in the bathroom and walks right out without washing the hands. Then there's a line driver from FedEx who's dried up spit is all over the windshield after a long night of babbling to his buddies on the blu-parrot. And with your mouth, you could probably clean up your act as well.

Geez tell us how you really feel next time!

You don't know me from Adam, Billy. If you want to lump all FedEx drivers together then that's your choice. Seems to me that drivers are drivers. We have good drivers at our SC and we have bad ones. Many come from different places and learned from different trainers our schools.My tractor is clean, I take pride in my work place. I have to sit in that thing all night and I want it to be clean for the city driver who need to use it during the day. I leave my stereo in it and leave a broom and all the cleaning supplies you might need in case you spill a drink while trying to deliver freight. Maybe you don't agree with what I say but I've never sworn at you or called you names. At least no worse then you have done to me. The only thing we disagree on is pay.. I think city guys should get paid more and make overtime and you think I shouldmake less. I advocate for all drivers to make as much as they can and should be paid for everything they do pertaining to their job.
I like working at OD and take pride in my job. From washing my tractor on Friday to competing in the rodeo for OD to helping other drivers with hazmat, I will lend a hand when needed. I was lucky to have good people help me along the way and the knowledge I pass on is a direct result of their selflessness to share it with me. What you say about me has no bearing on how I live my life or do my job. I don't need your approval to know I'm a good driver or a good employee. So judge away Billy I've got thick skin, but don't go crying to momma after you poke the bear, and the bear bites back.

Company would be a better place if the new guys came here like you Song. Honest truth.
Work with me Billy... You'll never get an overweight trailer or the wrong hazmat paperwork. I get to my meet point on time. I get back so the city guys have a tractor to use. Clean Windows, fuel topped off and a good post trip so you don't have to get a tire our light fixed before you head out on your day in the city.