Holland | How long do we have

Overboard

TB Lurker
Credits
How long do you guys think we have. I say some of us may have a year. Alot of us will be laid off before they shut the doors completly.
I certainly hope I am wrong. But, Its not looking good.

Overboard I have to ask why you pose such a question? Its very easy to predict their closing the doors, but please come with some facts, not the same old Yeller and Big R is stealing our accounts. That practice has been going on for ever. Overboard I found out long ago that if $ Bill wants us to make it, we will, if not there is nothing we can do, but go do the best job we can. We all need to remember Holland is in bed with some of the strongest shippers in our industry. Have a good week brother, GRIZZ

as far as local operations go, the flavor of the week is bills per hour. the higher the number the less people will be laid off, and the possibility that others will be brought back. if we do less, you can bet that more of us will be left home. it is time to suck it up and hammer down or we will be deciding our own fate.

Overboard I have to ask why you pose such a question? Its very easy to predict their closing the doors, but please come with some facts, not the same old Yeller and Big R is stealing our accounts. That practice has been going on for ever. Overboard I found out long ago that if $ Bill wants us to make it, we will, if not there is nothing we can do, but go do the best job we can. We all need to remember Holland is in bed with some of the strongest shippers in our industry. Have a good week brother, GRIZZ

Grizz, It is very easy to see they are closing the doors...That is why "I POSE SUCH A QUESTION."
I am asking how long do you think we have..no more..no less.
I never stated anything about Yeller or Big R stealing our accounts.
I agree there is nothing we can do about it.
It is happening... It is on my mind...I thought it was a appropiate question.. sorry if it is not.

as far as local operations go, the flavor of the week is bills per hour. the higher the number the less people will be laid off, and the possibility that others will be brought back. if we do less, you can bet that more of us will be left home. it is time to suck it up and hammer down or we will be deciding our own fate.

I do not know where you are getting that information..Are you a supervisor.
We have had layoffs when our numbers were good... We have had layoffs when our numbers are bad..I have seen that they layoff when they want to layoff.

If you are a soup. You also play a part in getting the bills per hour.
It is hard to get the bills per hour when you handle the freight 2 or 3 times before loading it... It is hard to get the bills per hour when you are breaking a trailer in 80 door and the freight is being docked or loaded in 2 door.
Have a good night.

Overboard he is right on the bill count . Van D was at our term for over a week. On out company board is a Bill count, both IB-OB, plus our city bills per day. Our OB crew was told "They were the worse they've ever seen". 12 were laid off the next day. Even being the last week of the month. Of course 5 worked their way back on due to the overtime worked that week. I might be wrong, but when I read a long time Holland employee write" How long do we have", that has negativity all over it. PLUS HOW DOES THAT HELP ANTHING. Come on man, the competition as enough fuel without us giving them more. GRIZZ

Dock sup's have a huge part in the bills per hour when you have multiple stops on differnet location of your trailer and it takes multiple times to get them off , oh and can they for once read a bill and put it on the proper size equipment to get the job done , if it says lift gate or strait truck please put it on the right equipment not 53'. dispatch is just as bad they will dispatch you say 4 p/u at 3 and 3 of them close at 3:30 just an exaple of proper managment of manpower and time but it is allways the drives fault that we miss these p/u's and del right!

Overboard, I think it is a negative question, but I also think it is a good question. I can't speak for your locations, but up here in GY....we are in trouble! We are a small, extended terminal away from everyone. We used to have 34 drivers.(Last Summer) We are down to 23. (city) Our numbers are in the tank. Our mgt. team have basically no concern for our future. They seem to not even care anymore. I guarantee you that us (worthless, bad attitude, smart mouthed) teamsters care more than they do. They have made very few adjustments up here. The fact that upper mgt. knows about this terminal, yet change nothing, is a sign for concern. Anyone can call me anything they want for my concern, but the writing is on the wall up here. Michigan's economy is horrible and that seems to be a good enough excuse for our failure, but the frt. is still out there. Our constant loss of customers because of our service failures tells me that our days up here are numbered. If I see changes up here I will change my thinking, but not a minute sooner. So to answer your question...........probably not long for us.:hide:

Sounds like some people are nervous!!!!:hide:
Stick, You can call me Ray or Jay or even NERVOUS if you want. But I have a wife, and two kids to put through college in the future. I intended to be here a while. Remember that each terminal has different senarios. Ours looks pretty grim. :smilie_132:

Stick, You can call me Ray or Jay or even NERVOUS if you want. But I have a wife, and two kids to put through college in the future. I intended to be here a while. Remember that each terminal has different senarios. Ours looks pretty grim. :smilie_132:

Yes it isn't looking good!Been through one shut down all ready with Dugan in Memphis.I hope it doesn't happen here also.Hope it's just the election year.

Overboard he is right on the bill count . Van D was at our term for over a week. On out company board is a Bill count, both IB-OB, plus our city bills per day. Our OB crew was told "They were the worse they've ever seen". 12 were laid off the next day. Even being the last week of the month. Of course 5 worked their way back on due to the overtime worked that week. I might be wrong, but when I read a long time Holland employee write" How long do we have", that has negativity all over it. PLUS HOW DOES THAT HELP ANTHING. Come on man, the competition as enough fuel without us giving them more. GRIZZ

There have been smarter people born than Dave VD.They have been sending him around to terminals with his "Dream Teams" and 'Fixit Squads" for 10 years or so.He has never, and I mean never come up with a worthwhile idea in his life.He has 35 or 40 years with the company and they have absolutely no idea what to do with him.They cannot fire him for cause because nobody know what he does.Neydon elevated him to a position of prominence because Neydon was a coward and he thought Van Dyke was tough guy.
Don't hitch your horse to that wagon.

Funny thing is, over the summer, alot of us were saying the same thing about the you guys and yellow stealing our freight. (from the Big R)

Guys I am not trying to be negative. I am damn sure not trying to hurt Holland in any way.
I do not think I am asking anything that a 2 yr old and a monkey would not ask if they were on here reading these post.

Nobody knows what YRC is up to. Nobody knows what they are going to do.
Holland may be kicking everyone elses *** within a year.

Guys I am not trying to be negative. I am damn sure not trying to hurt Holland in any way.
I do not think I am asking anything that a 2 yr old and a monkey would not ask if they were on here reading these post.

Nobody knows what YRC is up to. Nobody knows what they are going to do.
Holland may be kicking everyone elses *** within a year.

This is very true, and is why we cannot just roll over and die. The only way that we will survive is if we are still viable to YRCW. If we put our tails between our legs now, we can rest assured that we will not be around long. We need to put up a fight and do what we can to survive.

sounds to me grizz will buy anything the want him to. like our P.O.S. contract last month.time to grow some balls and stop acting like some brainwashed supervisor, we already have enough of them.

Overboard I have to ask why you pose such a question? Its very easy to predict their closing the doors, but please come with some the best job we can. We all need to remember Holland is in bed with some of the strongest shippers in our industry. Have a good week brother, GRIZZ

I think it will be around especially when the utility driver is implemented. I heard intead of only making their Youngstown they are hot loading trailers already with the linehaul bunch doing the stripping and building loads instead ofonly working their own load... stop and think old timers, we used to do this years ago anyway... remember the OLD southbend terminal? back around 1988?
that was our bread and butter.:1036316054:

I think it will be around especially when the utility driver is implemented. I heard intead of only making their Youngstown they are hot loading trailers already with the linehaul bunch doing the stripping and building loads instead ofonly working their own load... stop and think old timers, we used to do this years ago anyway... remember the OLD southbend terminal? back around 1988?
that was our bread and butter.:1036316054:

Your right Slippery, thats how it is in YT. Hotloading big time and it seemed to work pretty good when I was in there. As long as the inbound is on time that is. There big plan would not work if there was breakdowns or just tardy drivers involved. Been in there a few times and everything went pretty smooth though.

sounds to me grizz will buy anything the want him to. like our P.O.S. contract last month.time to grow some balls and stop acting like some brainwashed supervisor, we already have enough of them.
Nice reply CornF. Your old time teamster bs don't make for a good arguement. Come with some substance or save that old hardliner crap for your annual CF breakfast. GRIZZ

just calling it as i see it. all you did by voting yes is weaken are already shakey union whats next. all the give backs and losses.let me guess in 5yrs you will be the first one to agree that maybe we should pay for all our health benifits.its really all thats left. as far as breakfast.i would much rather sit with the people who built our great union then listen to the ones like yourself.at least they would order what theywanted not just settle for what they brought.