XPO | How long until conway closes up???

I am certainly no expert on the subject but a quick glance through the company financials shows that the company is approaching $5 billion in revenue and is still profitable even in the current freight environment.

Cannot know the future for sure but if I were a betting man, I would say Con-way will not close their doors in the next two years (anybody want to give me odds?).

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday

con-way will not close there doors.CF MAKES to much MONEY.if they buy another big ltl company then look out.

There's no reason for them to buy another LTL company. If they want a terminal somewhere they will build or acquire it.
I believe they are trying to go the Global route minus package. (hint hint DHL)

Conway is not going anywhere. They are still making a profit and they have a lot of assets, heck just the properties they own in the LA basin probably runs into the millions. This company is going to be around for a while.

For what it was doing for it's customer's, Conway is certainly past it's zenith, now that it's competitors are doing the same thing but it's not in any kind of trouble that will shut it down.

yes will close

con-way will close!! Look at what they are doing to the customers! They are beating them up over inspections turning them off and they are going elsewhere. Isn't our paycheck say: brought to you by our customers?:hide:

Conway is not doing anything that our competitors aren't doing. Fed Ex and others have a reweigh program and an inspection program also. Why is it wrong to make sure that we are getting payed what we should be for hauling the freight. I'm sure if you owned your own truck you'd want to be payed correctly. How does it benefit Conway to keep a customer that lies on his weights or class of freight?

while Brutus may have been joking, there is wisdom in his words in the sense that if you are truly unhappy with your current position, you should be looking for other opportunities while you still have your current job to support you. You don't want to try and find a better job when you don't have options as you would more likely feel pressure to take the first thing offered to you.

Good luck

I think the poll is skewed ,should read 1-2 years 3-5 years and over 5years. I voted as over 3 because I doubt sadly it will be in 5 years with present management styles.

past their prime

I do believe we are past our prime in the current market. But I do know they are focusing more globally, we just purchased 2 companies, one in China and one in southeast asia.

waiting for retirement

I just want to try to wait it out another 2-3 years, Been here 18 now and dont want to start over right now.

How about a little optimism? I have every intention of retiring from Con-way in 15-18 years and really get tired of people saying how bad it is and how we'll be out of business in so many years.
It ain't perfect, but what company is?
As said before, if you're so miserable and worried, don't hesitate to go find a new job immediately. We don't need your pessimism bringing others down.

How about a little optimism? I have every intention of retiring from Con-way in 15-18 years and really get tired of people saying how bad it is and how we'll be out of business in so many years.
It ain't perfect, but what company is?
As said before, if you're so miserable and worried, don't hesitate to go find a new job immediately. We don't need your pessimism bringing others down.

How are you going to move all of that freight with out a work force?

When do you think conway will go out of business. I predict in less than 2 years our door will be closed.
There are none of the signs of closing. Crying poor.......high O.R......Combining terminals throughout the system.....then selling the property.......No new anything.....everything worn out.....junk trucks and forklifts sitting behind shops to steel parts off of to keep the other junk trucks and forks running.....stock prices in the tank then taken off the stock exchange all together......If you are truly worried which I doubt just talk to the guys around you that have lived it already and now work for Con-Way.