how much does a trip to the veterinarian cost these days?

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
just wondering as the title asks.

i watched a quick video on MSN, the other day.

apparently a woman's dog, ate "some mushrooms" and became high as a kite.

she said on the video, a trip to her vet, for him to tell her, the dog was "high", cost her $140.00

HOLY CHRIST...!!

at the bait and tackle store i go to for my reloaded ammo, the dog there, had a "skin tag" that had to be removed.

the owner told me, that trip cost over $260...!!!

but i never asked questions, regarding the vet visit alone, not including the skin tag removal.

when we had a cat, decades ago, it was something like $20 for a visit. (then extra for shots, meds if needed)

so, for those of you that have a cat, or dog, what does a trip to the vet cost, and is the pricing different for a cat and a dog..?????

thanks in advance.

just wondering as the title asks.

i watched a quick video on MSN, the other day.

apparently a woman's dog, ate "some mushrooms" and became high as a kite.

she said on the video, a trip to her vet, for him to tell her, the dog was "high", cost her $140.00

HOLY CHRIST...!!

at the bait and tackle store i go to for my reloaded ammo, the dog there, had a "skin tag" that had to be removed.

the owner told me, that trip cost over $260...!!!

but i never asked questions, regarding the vet visit alone, not including the skin tag removal.

when we had a cat, decades ago, it was something like $20 for a visit. (then extra for shots, meds if needed)

so, for those of you that have a cat, or dog, what does a trip to the vet cost, and is the pricing different for a cat and a dog..?????

thanks in advance.
It's spendy, they charge human prices.

It's spendy, they charge human prices.
i just got back from the bait and tackle store.

a guy that is also a regular, lost his corgi 3 years ago.

he saw someone who had 2, and asked for the breeders phone number.

when he inquired as to how much for a pup, the breeder told him.....

$2,800......!!

but there are those that want 100% pure bred, so they will pay, but not the guy at the store.

yeah, that guy told me, vets are expensive, which frankly, i lost touch the past, oh....30 years..???

I euthanized a cat years ago. 55 dollars flat. death warrant, cremation fuel fee etc. It was ashes within the hour.

Here we have two vets. One a first class vet, break out another thousand. Second we have a country vet. He'll take a look for 50 dollars and then talk necessary items.

Sometimes you can get medicines off a Vet. Just pay retail plus a little. I never did. Worked with horses a very long time ago on a farm breeding them. All horse ages. Sometimes the vet uses a horse tranquilizer. And what happens with them is they plant all 4 legs like a bridge support and hang the head close to the ground essentially non functional so they dont fall over. Then you can do what you need to do without 1000 pounds stomping someone.

Whats interesting is humans who get jabbed with horse trang exhibit the exact same problem. They stand straight, feel that they are going to fall over bad so bend over all the way over almost double while standing on two feet. Then stay there.

Throw in a bit of heroin and or fent mix with that stuff and that back wont hurt them none. Sometimes they die standing like that. Become cold statues in a few hours. You can spot the ones on fent when they shuffle back and forth on heels. They cannot remain still standing with legs acting like a chicken somewhat. It takes very little to kill you and 100 more.

3 weeks ago I had Lou put down right at the pet crematory(nice place private room) by one of the vets they work with, that was $550 total, cremation was $225 they do it one pet at a time not mass, got his ashes back next day in a small pine box, with a clay paw print and 2 ink paw prints from him, the vet was $325 and couldn't of been kinder, her deal is she sedated him first with a shot in his rump because she said "he doesn't need to worry about what I'm doing, and he'll feel better than he ever has before he dozes off", when he was out she shaved his arm put an IV port in his arm, taped it like they do for people, and let me give her the nod and she injected him and that was that, it was spendy in total, but I couldn't of asked for better or more caring service.

Lou.md.jpg

3 weeks ago I had Lou put down right at the pet crematory(nice place private room) by one of the vets they work with, that was $550 total, cremation was $225 they do it one pet at a time not mass, got his ashes back next day in a small pine box, with a clay paw print and 2 ink paw prints from him, the vet was $325 and couldn't of been kinder, her deal is she sedated him first with a shot in his rump because she said "he doesn't need to worry about what I'm doing, and he'll feel better than he ever has before he dozes off", when he was out she shaved his arm put an IV port in his arm, taped it like they do for people, and let me give her the nod and she injected him and that was that, it was spendy in total, but I couldn't of asked for better or more caring service.

Lou.md.jpg
sorry for your loss, sorry for everyone else's loss (who posted so far and in the future) as well.

our pets are like family.

non pet owners do not understand this.

We just aquired this little cutie. Her name is Bella. Since she was already named, we decided to keep her out of trucking. Diesel, Turbo and Trucker don't understand and are threatening to strike if she isn't included. Turbo wants to call to name her Lottie. Short for lot lizard. If you cracked his head open, hundreds of little Turbos would come humping down the hallway.

20210910_1611135049f3898888863b.md.jpg

so, i just said that our pets are like family.

we had this one cat, that his litter box was in the back hallway. he'd sit by the door, and meow, he "had to go".

we kept his harness (yes, a small dog harness fit him), over a door knob. he'd grab it, when he'd want to go outside, and be in the garden, especially under a blue spruce pine tree we had.

he'd grab one of his cans of food, and take it to me, or someone else, to open it for him, even though, there was one already open!

he'd meow in such a way, you'd swear he said..."Ma"

he'd not like a ride to the vet's office. he'd sit next to the driver, and meow like a siren, all the way there.

i once joked, that if we rolled down the windows? that cars might pull over, that's HOW LOUD he was...!!!!!

once inside the vet's office....??

quiet as a damned church mouse!