how much does a trip to the veterinarian cost these days?

Same here at least Murder Cat understands NO !
I dont use the word no as much as I use a certain tone of disapproval. You can see the whiskers droop, ears flatten and it will turn its back on you defensively because now it knows it doing wrong.

Ive got a picture of a cat wrapped inside a house plant pot. Digging into the soil and hugged the plant stem staring.. what you gonna do? Make me move? HA... I need to find it. Might take some time.

The most dangerous time with a pet cat is this. If it is angry and tearing up something make absolutely certain its not angry with you. Then reach into the box of Buzzsaws going full tilt and remove that cat from the spot. It should flip a switch and quit it.

I only had to do that twice in my lifetime to get them away from the screen door while the raccoon munched on their cat food stored in bags on covered porch. No wonder. (We put the food inside where they are safe.)

Another time I had a rapidly snarling barking Shepard inside my front door near midnight. I unlocked the damn thing and shoved a hand in there. One sniff and I got licked and tail wagged to death. If I was anyone else at all I probably wont have a arm anymore. Its amazing. The reason was there was a family friend asleep on the airmatress in the only available space overnight in that first room due to a divorce problem with the parents and the dog was defending her. However we had bonded previously as a pack member so its not a problem. Then.

IMG_20210907_214220.jpg

My two new pups - we have a vet near us that does a monthly plan that I've been pretty pleased with - $30/m 2 visits, shots, ect +$10/m for flea,tick,worm stuff. makes it tons more affordable and with what I get its cheaper in the long run.

A neighbors dog has been rather difficult. Every time I showed up it would go nuts.

This morning on a unrelated matter I got a wet nose and a lick. But to temper the joyful reunion I also got the side eye saying dont mess with me... lolz. Talk about conflicting messages on a difficult dog.

Depends upon SIZE of Cat!!

I've a wee bit of experience with Horses:
a few times, for short distances, on saddles.
The only big cats Ive encountered was down at the state house at age 10. The damn things were knee high and kittens. They had like one inch chain on them and harnessed. What they called meowing shook the place. But they sure loved the itch scratchy.

Today Im not sure If I want to be around big cats. I can read a house cat or alley cat or whatever but big cats? yeesh.