how much does a trip to the veterinarian cost these days?

3 weeks ago I had Lou put down right at the pet crematory(nice place private room) by one of the vets they work with, that was $550 total, cremation was $225 they do it one pet at a time not mass, got his ashes back next day in a small pine box, with a clay paw print and 2 ink paw prints from him, the vet was $325 and couldn't of been kinder, her deal is she sedated him first with a shot in his rump because she said "he doesn't need to worry about what I'm doing, and he'll feel better than he ever has before he dozes off", when he was out she shaved his arm put an IV port in his arm, taped it like they do for people, and let me give her the nod and she injected him and that was that, it was spendy in total, but I couldn't of asked for better or more caring service.

Lou.md.jpg
I'm looking at those big brown eyes, our Trucker is staring at me with his big brown eyes like he knows what I'm thinking, then he places his big right paw on my forearm and pulls me close to him and I lost it. I am soooo sorry for your loss. Maybe Trucker will outlive me.

3 weeks ago I had Lou put down right at the pet crematory(nice place private room) by one of the vets they work with, that was $550 total, cremation was $225 they do it one pet at a time not mass, got his ashes back next day in a small pine box, with a clay paw print and 2 ink paw prints from him, the vet was $325 and couldn't of been kinder, her deal is she sedated him first with a shot in his rump because she said "he doesn't need to worry about what I'm doing, and he'll feel better than he ever has before he dozes off", when he was out she shaved his arm put an IV port in his arm, taped it like they do for people, and let me give her the nod and she injected him and that was that, it was spendy in total, but I couldn't of asked for better or more caring service.

Lou.md.jpg
Lou looks a lot like my girl lilly....I'm sorry for your loss... they become our children.

20210802_184841.md.jpg

Our vet, the cat was taken there. Because the routine of the day is completely off backed by a car ride towards the V E T... it started meowing. I am pretty tough, but did not take that well.

Signed the warrant went into a private room converted for that purpose. Vet came in and applied two medicines to the main blood line inside one of the legs. Now we wait 20 minutes for it to kick in and have it settle. However it was a April day full of sun and spring. 50 to 100 little finch or chickadee house birds just outside the window feeding on a pile of birdseed.

It took 30 minutes of it watching the birds and another 10 before it quit being interested in them and settled real good.

Nurse came in took it by the chest plate straight up and doctor inserted a long killshot through the chest sternum plate into the heart. And that was that. It hissed at the nurse. But all of it's voluntary muscles by then had been taken off line so...

It took us years to get over it. I still keep it's toy mouse that it loved to chase in the dark off a string for a proper kill down the hall near the monitor.

This was probably the first time in 10 years that we could go over that particular situation. We are looking into another. But not just yet. Once in a lifetime I suppose all of us are lucky to have a perfect pet (The good with the bad combined with a little personality and nuttery...) that one was it.

If I never had another pet I think that would be ok. But we'll see.

just wondering as the title asks.

i watched a quick video on MSN, the other day.

apparently a woman's dog, ate "some mushrooms" and became high as a kite.

she said on the video, a trip to her vet, for him to tell her, the dog was "high", cost her $140.00

HOLY CHRIST...!!

at the bait and tackle store i go to for my reloaded ammo, the dog there, had a "skin tag" that had to be removed.

the owner told me, that trip cost over $260...!!!

but i never asked questions, regarding the vet visit alone, not including the skin tag removal.

when we had a cat, decades ago, it was something like $20 for a visit. (then extra for shots, meds if needed)

so, for those of you that have a cat, or dog, what does a trip to the vet cost, and is the pricing different for a cat and a dog..?????

thanks in advance.
Doesn’t cost me anything. Our vet takes my Teamcare insurance for my “daughter “

If we outlive Zoey, a rescue Lab/Shepherd mix, she will be our last pet. I get too attached to animals. My son has a miniature beagle that has taken over their house. My daughter in law takes her to her job at a county office. The dog makes her way all over the building & various offices. The workers all love her & of course they sneak in dog treats. Naturally, the beagle is overweight.

I should let you all know I'm not dog less, I still have Fred who was a shelter dog and brought back to the shelter 3 times before we got him 9 years ago, when the shelter originally got him he was found in a park tied to a tree........it wasn't long before I told my wife "yeah he was tied to a tree alright....firing squad style" so in reality Lou is in peace in more ways than one.

IMG_0640-2.md.jpg

Our vet, the cat was taken there. Because the routine of the day is completely off backed by a car ride towards the V E T... it started meowing. I am pretty tough, but did not take that well.

If I never had another pet I think that would be ok. But we'll see.
well, it's like i have allergies now, and have had for some time. yes, there are "hypo allergetic pets", but this is not a 1000% guarantee for me. so for the time being, someone in the family thought that since i "had to retire" due to my several back operations, a great hobby would be tropical fish.,.!!

christ almighty.......cleaning the tank weekly, changing the filter and charcoal as needed. feeding.......once a day......to me, that's too much, when i read that they live in the wild for like days with out food.

i gotta try that......go a few days, with out feeding the fish...

what's the worst that can happen...??

they clog the filter tube..????

some people ought to ask if you'd want something, before they just go ahead and get it.

think anyone just goes out and buys me a new 1911..???

nooooo......

but, "hey, let's get him some fish, he'll like that".........

Last edited:
I should let you all know I'm not dog less, I still have Fred who was a shelter dog and brought back to the shelter 3 times before we got him 9 years ago, when the shelter originally got him he was found in a park tied to a tree........it wasn't long before I told my wife "yeah he was tied to a tree alright....firing squad style" so in reality Lou is in peace in more ways than one.

IMG_0640-2.md.jpg
Fred , I love him !

If we outlive Zoey, a rescue Lab/Shepherd mix, she will be our last pet. I get too attached to animals. My son has a miniature beagle that has taken over their house. My daughter in law takes her to her job at a county office. The dog makes her way all over the building & various offices. The workers all love her & of course they sneak in dog treats. Naturally, the beagle is overweight.
Does he have a litter area in an office?

Does he have a litter area in an office?
No, she has a schedule to go outside. She lets the family know when she needs to go out. She has never had an 'accident' at the office & none at home since she was easily housebroken several years ago. The offices are in a building in a somewhat rural, natural setting with trees. Often there are rabbits on the grounds & instinctively the beagle in her tracks the rabbits. The family admits she owns the house but lets them stay. I have never seen a dog that gets her way like she does. She doesn't know she is a dog.