Yellow | How much OT.......

Docksteward said:
I have had a couple guys come up to me, mad because "the company" won't let them get off from work early, or something similar. They get mad and say something like....."and I work all of that OT for them, too"......Well as long as RDWY is paying you the appropriate wages, they don't owe you anything, just your 40. Get into some trouble...it won't matter how much OT you worked, they will try to fire you just as quick as a guy on ART. 46!! DS.
And when you tell some of them this they just look at you in disbelief.

you're only.......

Docksteward said:
I have had a couple guys come up to me, mad because "the company" won't let them get off from work early, or something similar. They get mad and say something like....."and I work all of that OT for them, too"......Well as long as RDWY is paying you the appropriate wages, they don't owe you anything, just your 40. Get into some trouble...it won't matter how much OT you worked, they will try to fire you just as quick as a guy on ART. 46!! DS.

Damn good post DS, I always tell guys to remember
"you're only as good as the last time you time punched that time card" other than that everything else is just water under the bridge

screwy louiey said:
Damn good post DS, I always tell guys to remember
"you're only as good as the last time you time punched that time card" other than that everything else is just water under the bridge
True story. During the ups strike when we were getting all the ctns I did 41 stops so the boss give me a gift card for applebees the next morning:rolleyes1: That night upon my return got a reprimend for backing the duals over an old ladies car:hysterical: :hysterical: Go figure man a hero for less than 8 hours :shrug:

wolf said:
True story. During the ups strike when we were getting all the ctns I did 41 stops so the boss give me a gift card for applebees the next morning. That night upon my return got a reprimend for backing the duals over an old ladies car. Go figure man a hero for less than 8 hours
Great example. Whatever you did yesterday, does not matter. What's the saying?? "From Hero to Zero in a split second". I get satisfaction in doing a good job but I know it really doesn't matter to the powers that be!! DS.

holiday bid 139 dock positions posted for mon the 4th
100 are 0001 the rest are 0400 looks like a very good start for the holidays(15 weeks til Christmas)

Chicago Roadway said:
holiday bid 139 dock positions posted for mon the 4th
100 are 0001 the rest are 0400 looks like a very good start for the holidays(15 weeks til Christmas)
Just saw the labor day sign up sheet today. Looks like anyone that wants to work Monday can. Looks like a easy $500 pay day to me........but I'm not doing it. DS.

Glock

Docksteward said:
Just saw the labor day sign up sheet today. Looks like anyone that wants to work Monday can. Looks like a easy $500 pay day to me........but I'm not doing it. DS.
If I were there I would. That pay day would buy me a GLOCK :):)

Easy there toxic! No need to put one in the head yet. It will get better! Hmmm, wait this is the Big R/Y, better buy it.

yes same here ds anyone that wants to work can, also some info new yard lay out pretty interesting... seems very very organized..
yes i said organized from the the comments of complete chaos to an organized yard hummmmmmmm about 15 minutes on every move sometimes you get a move withing seconds of typing it in... also our atm has vowed for now no more forced ot.. seems he has been in contact with our local and something happen where he came out and apoligized for the forced ot and the manner they where doing it.. great days of the morning i beleive the sky is falling

Mike432 said:
Isn't 60 enough for EVERYONE !
Geez, I've been there ,done that .About 50 hrs is enough for me !!
Here with the busy season coming ,doing 90 + plus stops a day .Friday 100 stops and the holiday rush still isn't here yet
What can The Yellow of DHL do for you !!!
Hay Mike432 where do you work to do 90 to 100 stops per day? UPS? I know you can be doing that working for a LTL carrier.. Right?

Chicago Roadway said:
yes same here ds anyone that wants to work can, also some info new yard lay out pretty interesting... seems very very organized..
yes i said organized from the the comments of complete chaos to an organized yard hummmmmmmm about 15 minutes on every move sometimes you get a move withing seconds of typing it in... also our atm has vowed for now no more forced ot.. seems he has been in contact with our local and something happen where he came out and apoligized for the forced ot and the manner they where doing it.. great days of the morning i beleive the sky is falling
Stay on them!! Don't let up.........and good for you guys!! Remember we do the work and know how it should be done and how it's done best. DS.

Docksteward said:
Yea........I'm back in one piece, and not a scratch on the twin screw or the show pups!! DS.
If you scratched them up he would have thrown you off the gap.....

Oh yea.......if JC M##### knew those pups were going up the road, we would all get fired!!:hysterical: Damn he's strange. DS.

strange? not him.....

Docksteward said:
Oh yea.......if JC M##### knew those pups were going up the road, we would all get fired!!:hysterical: Damn he's strange. DS.

Tell the great JC that"Weasel Diesel" is filing a grievance on him for not signing the logbook and for 671 to never dispatch him to 657 again :roll1: :roll1: gotta love those guyz.

Hahahahha

screwy louiey said:
Tell the great JC that"Weasel Diesel" is filing a grievance on him for not signing the logbook and for 671 to never dispatch him to 657 again :roll1: :roll1: gotta love those guyz.
Why the hades does he have that dag light hanging on his mirror mounts going up the road? And I was told he loaded up 657 with jiffs and s/axeled back all the time with a van??? No more blue trucks to 657.... :)

screwy louiey said:
Hey SL....I see you guys know him too!! Let the paper work fly. DS.

Toxic said:
Why the hades does he have that dag light hanging on his mirror mounts going up the road? And I was told he loaded up 657 with jiffs and s/axeled back all the time with a van??? No more blue trucks to 657.... :)

"OH BOY" He's Special had them stand up about 10 jiffs in a big box without supposely chocking them in cause they were short on equipment @671. I was waiting to hear a report on I-85 around the 186 marker about 10 jiff's rolling out the back of the trailer onto the interstate and all ten jiffs coming to a resting place at the bottom of Lake Gaston :poster_oops: :rofl:

Yeah whats up with those mirror lights , I think he listens to too much ART BELL @ night like he is waiting for the next alien sighting or calling:hysterical: