• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date

How Will You Vote?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 82 70.7%

• Total voters
If you think your contract is so bad. Take a good long look at ours upsf. You would be running trying to put your yes vote on it...

I can't wait till its all over and I can put my pooch avatar back on...

God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

I vote NO

The subs would be taking my job I'm barely getting out now.

There is no protection for road drivers sitting at home while subs work it just says I'm not supposed to get laid off if there runin the subs.

This contract is ******* I vote no an let the chips fall where they may. im sick of the threats

Most contracts offer you a piece of cheese if you can brave the mouse trap. This contract is all TRAP NO CHEESE.

Did you believe CF was going to close its doors?

I was surprised CF lasted as long as they did. I am a numbers man and CF had some terrible numbers towards the end of its life. ABFS has some good numbers despite what management is saying. Working backwards, in the first quarter of 2013 revenue was up over 7% from 2012’s first quarter. For 2012, revenue was at an all time high with over $2billion. And while they claimed a net loss in 2012 they also claim that they received an ‘alternative fuel’ tax credit that will be retroactive in 2013. In other words, ABFS over paid on there taxes the year before the contract negations began and will take it the next year. In 2011 they flat showed a net profit and revenue that was at a record high. And through it all they continued to pay dividends. Can you say that about CF? Did CF have record revenue in their final year? Also, how many companies where waiting in line to buy CF? According to ABF and IBT management, companies are begging to buy ABF.

If you think your contract is so bad. Take a good long look at ours upsf. You would be running trying to put your yes vote on it...

I can't wait till its all over and I can put my pooch avatar back on...

I like your new avatar. Good luck and keep up the good fight.

Well, I guess we all have heard our estimable leadership do the self-congratulatory, self-promotion half-hour, hard sell of this tentative agreement. In the words of the immortal Yogi Berra, it was "Deja vu' all over again"........They could've just about re-played the phone conference from the beg-back in 2010....it was almost identical...The only thing that caught my ear was the IBT's allegation that ABF has hired a "notorious Union-busting Law firm" to do their negotiations with, and have withdrawn from TMI. The Law firm was unnamed. Anyone doing a Google search of "Union Avoidance" will get over 10,000 hits of Law firms willing to "help" companies either de-certify or sue the Union representing their employees into ineffectiveness.......For,...of course...a price. If this is true, then ABF upper management has opened a new chapter, and have closed the chapter on Robert Young's ABF. If this is true, get ready for the dirty tricks, increased grievance violations, increased firings, and a new harder edge to the management style of this company....................( of course, if the IBT's allegation isn't true, and they were just puffing up their opposition to make it look like they actually had hard negotiations, instead of the old boys in the back room- style of negotiations,......then that does us just as much of a disservice as their insistance that ABF's management has changed, and we can no longer expect their respect for us, and the job we do.........)

If this is true, then ABF upper management has opened a new chapter, and have closed the chapter on Robert Young's ABF. If this is true, get ready for the dirty tricks, increased grievance violations, increased firings, and a new harder edge to the management style of this company...................then that does us just as much of a disservice as their insistance that ABF's management has changed, and we can no longer expect their respect for us, and the job we do.........)

Brother you said a mouthful right there but then you're only assuming they ever had any respect. Ms McReynolds is no Robert Young. The only thing that counts now is what you did wrong

I was surprised CF lasted as long as they did. I am a numbers man and CF had some terrible numbers towards the end of its life. ABFS has some good numbers despite what management is saying. Working backwards, in the first quarter of 2013 revenue was up over 7% from 2012’s first quarter. For 2012, revenue was at an all time high with over $2billion. And while they claimed a net loss in 2012 they also claim that they received an ‘alternative fuel’ tax credit that will be retroactive in 2013. In other words, ABFS over paid on there taxes the year before the contract negations began and will take it the next year. In 2011 they flat showed a net profit and revenue that was at a record high. And through it all they continued to pay dividends. Can you say that about CF? Did CF have record revenue in their final year? Also, how many companies where waiting in line to buy CF? According to ABF and IBT management, companies are begging to buy ABF.
1. 1q2013 REVENUE was lower for ABF than 1q2012. ABC revenue was higher in 2013 because Panther revenue wasn't there in 1q2012.

2. CF fell hard after being the biggest in the unionized LTL industry. No one bought the company because the equipment was horrid and they were still under contract so things like the pension liability applied to the assets of the company, unlike our situation on July 1, 2013

ABFS has some good numbers despite what management is saying. Working backwards, in the first quarter of 2013 revenue was up over 7% from 2012’s first quarter. For 2012, revenue was at an all time high with over $2billion. And while they claimed a net loss in 2012

Revenue was up over 7%? For 2012, revenue was at an all time high with over $2billion. And while they claimed a net loss in 2012? Think about it. The reason for this over abundance of activity was to produce a loss. In other words if they didn't acquire all this business they couldn't afford to haul they would not have showed a loss. It's just an accounting gimmick. That is not to say ABF does not have cost issues

1. 1q2013 REVENUE was lower for ABF than 1q2012. ABC revenue was higher in 2013 because Panther revenue wasn't there in 1q2012.

2. CF fell hard after being the biggest in the unionized LTL industry. No one bought the company because the equipment was horrid and they were still under contract so things like the pension liability applied to the assets of the company, unlike our situation on July 1, 2013

CF was closed by design. Conway was started with 1 purpose and that was so they could get rid of AND BANKRUPT CF. END OF STORY

Still holding on at 78% nay and I'd bet that the company pushers and Plunger Joe voted in spite of the fact that they shouldn't have.

Still holding on at 78% nay and I'd bet that the company pushers and Plunger Joe voted in spite of the fact that they shouldn't have.

Stop telling lies about other people and they will stop telling the truth about you cockroach. You're walking around blind without a cane, pal.

Stop telling lies about other people and they will stop telling the truth about you cockroach. You're walking around blind without a cane, pal.
OOOOooooooOOOO and the troll sounds a bit perturbed. :hysterical: Just what is the lie big boy???

Yes, Mr. ABFer it looks like your side will probably prevail in the general vote also. For the purpose of history, please explain your reasoning as to why ABF would return to the table after 4 months of negotiations and over 200 million in losses for the last five years.

Look at Article 32 of our current contract.. Now all Upack business, the Revenue goes to an ABC company not ABF yet we do all the work, Panther stepping in and moving the end of a shipment, Panther gets the revenue, yet this drives up operating ratio, shows losses at ABF.. a clear manipulation of numbers, the reason for Article 32,, and our International allows this to happen, and thus we are where we are today..the company is in a position to pull this "we are broke crap" .. Anyone not educated enough to look at past contract and new proposals and vote are simply out of touch... The new contract calls for 30% of work to go elsewhere 6% to subcontractors and still 24% on rail,, not to mention the city p&d work... Don't think for a min ute that lowering costs wont include using every bit of that!!! Hoffa and Buffet are buddies and have a lot to gain by Rail business!!! look at current articles about him and railing issues regarding freight.

CF was closed by design. Conway was started with 1 purpose and that was so they could get rid of AND BANKRUPT CF. END OF STORY

You say this alot but do you have any proof? CF closes what 16-17 years after Con-way started? Where any of the same people still in charge of either company when CF closed? I'm not saying it wasn't an idea in 1983 but there is no proof of what you say and it took so long I can guess the people in charge of CF that created Con-way in 1983 were long gone by the time the doors closed.