• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date

How Will You Vote?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 82 70.7%

• Total voters
You say this alot but do you have any proof? CF closes what 16-17 years after Con-way started? Where any of the same people still in charge of either company when CF closed? I'm not saying it wasn't an idea in 1983 but there is no proof of what you say and it took so long I can guess the people in charge of CF that created Con-way in 1983 were long gone by the time the doors closed.

Why do you think They started Conway, its true but you work for Conway so you don't want to admit it. This was somebodies wat dream and it took years to do but it sure got done.....
Tell me who got all the new equipment, and where did all the money go?

Why do you think They started Conway, its true but you work for Conway so you don't want to admit it. This was somebodies wat dream and it took years to do but it sure got done.....

All's I asked for was proof. You may be right but can't prove anything. Maybe they started it to compete stronger in the shorthaul market while CF concentrated on the longhaul?

All's I asked for was proof. You may be right but can't prove anything. Maybe they started it to compete stronger in the shorthaul market while CF concentrated on the longhaul?

Maybe they did, but in my opinion this was a 10 year plan, How old are you and how long have you been working for Conway?

Maybe they did, but in my opinion this was a 10 year plan, How old are you and how long have you been working for Conway?

Just a guess ,but he was probably playing with sidewalk chaulk in 1983 and dressing up as a mutant ninja turtle for halloween, He has been at conway long enough to have been taught that truck drivers are just a bunch of losers that only did good at detention in high school, and their favorite teacher was Miss Information.

If you think your contract is so bad. Take a good long look at ours upsf. You would be running trying to put your yes vote on it...

I can't wait till its all over and I can put my pooch avatar back on...

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO AVOID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS WHY WE ARE NOT RUNNING TO VOTE YES !!!!!!!!!! The IBT pursuaded you to vote yes for a upsf made to order contract. The IBT was looking for your union dues money and did'nt pay much attention to the language in the contract....YOU GET WHAT YOU VOTE FOR !!!!!!!!!!

White Shirt,.....isn't there an ongoing lawsuit over fuel costs being falsely charged to Consolidated Freightways when they were actually incurred by the various regional Conways over a several year period just before CF closed? As another Brother on here had asked you,....how long have you been in trucking? It was common knowledge that Menlo Park was de-funding CF as fast as they could, to support the regional Conways in the 1980's. Menlo Park created the regional Conways in.......1982?....1983?..... "Conway" is certainly a newcomer in the trucking industry. I guess,....as a management person,......you need spread-sheets,...cover pages for filed lawsuits,...depositions of witnesses,.....If you don't have these, then .....of course,....all "allegations" don't exist,.....and you can continue to spout off that: " Conway WASN'T created to keep Menlo Park in the LTL business after they bled CF dry and shut them down." ....Sorry, there little buddy. Those of us who've lived through that period KNOW EXACTLY what was going on.......evidence was the "double-breasting" language in the NMFA at the time.....which was changed about 2 contracts ago. I hope you're very happy with your employer,....as management,..you are an "employee-at-will" also......don't regard what you have as a "career".....you're only there as long as you, and your compensation package don't get in the way of profits..........you and Rollin62.......

White Shirt,.....isn't there an ongoing lawsuit over fuel costs being falsely charged to Consolidated Freightways when they were actually incurred by the various regional Conways over a several year period just before CF closed? As another Brother on here had asked you,....how long have you been in trucking? It was common knowledge that Menlo Park was de-funding CF as fast as they could, to support the regional Conways in the 1980's. Menlo Park created the regional Conways in.......1982?....1983?..... "Conway" is certainly a newcomer in the trucking industry. I guess,....as a management person,......you need spread-sheets,...cover pages for filed lawsuits,...depositions of witnesses,.....If you don't have these, then .....of course,....all "allegations" don't exist,.....and you can continue to spout off that: " Conway WASN'T created to keep Menlo Park in the LTL business after they bled CF dry and shut them down." ....Sorry, there little buddy. Those of us who've lived through that period KNOW EXACTLY what was going on.......evidence was the "double-breasting" language in the NMFA at the time.....which was changed about 2 contracts ago. I hope you're very happy with your employer,....as management,..you are an "employee-at-will" also......don't regard what you have as a "career".....you're only there as long as you, and your compensation package don't get in the way of profits..........you and Rollin62.......
14 years in trucking. You have obviously been in alot longer by your written skills. Periods only need to be used once and full sentences with paragraphs make it easier to read. I got a headache reading your post.

Members tend to complain about punctuation and grammar when they have no answer to the question/debate they are getting asked about.

UPSF people will be regretting the day they started the new DLH to... UPS's Conway...

14 years in trucking. You have obviously been in alot longer by your written skills. Periods only need to be used once and full sentences with paragraphs make it easier to read. I got a headache reading your post.

Well,.....Shucks!,...I'm sorry....I guess my degree in Literature from Wassamatta U. didn't go very big on Composition and Punctuation. Shame about that headache........take two aspirin and a pay cut and call me in the morning...............

Well,.....Shucks!,...I'm sorry....I guess my degree in Literature from Wassamatta U. didn't go very big on Composition and Punctuation. Shame about that headache........take two aspirin and a pay cut and call me in the morning...............

Degree? Its more like 2nd grade stuff.

REMEMBER 2010! How does that go? Lie and cheat me once,shame on you, lie and cheat me twice, shame on me! VOTE NO UNTIL THEY STOP LYING AND TRYING TO CHEAT US!

Strictly guess work on my part. I believe ABF wants out of the Pension Fund. They cannot default or stop payments without suffering devastating finical losses & serious legal consequences. So by purchasing other trucking companies, using Labor not under a CBA, not having to pay social security taxes, medical benefits, vacations & other things they pay now under our contract, to a 1099 worker, is how they will succeed in breaking the Union & having a work force for which they will have very little liability for. It will take some time but I don’t think it will take 10 years. To me, past history in this industry has too much reality today.

REMEMBER 2010! How does that go? Lie and cheat me once,shame on you, lie and cheat me twice, shame on me! VOTE NO UNTIL THEY STOP LYING AND TRYING TO CHEAT US!

Are you serious? How do you think they succeed in business or in Washington? This ain't YRC. The IBT is not going to play that vote again game with we the ABF teamsters. So get it right the first time or it's you lose Sir, good day

Are you serious? How do you think they succeed in business or in Washington? This ain't YRC. The IBT is not going to play that vote again game with we the ABF teamsters. So get it right the first time or it's you lose Sir, good day
O realy so that is collective bargaining this it take it or leave it.....you sir need to grow a pair or rent some in the mean time just say NO!!!!!:hide:
!