I lost her this morning

hooty

TB Regular
Credits
Miss Pooh, my little dog, passed this morning at 443am in my arms. My wife and I are so overcome with grief right now. She was 17 yrs old this week. Please pray for her.

Miss Pooh, my little dog, passed this morning at 443am in my arms. My wife and I are so overcome with grief right now. She was 17 yrs old this week. Please pray for her.

Buddy I feel bad for you, I have been thru this and it is very hard

I don't know if you have ever read this, but I hope it makes you feel a little better Rest in peace Miss Pooh she was very lucky to have a family take care of her to a very old age.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

I am sorry hooty!! I know you love that dog!! You know where to find me if you need anything!! She lived a good life, with a good family!

I had a little 8 lb dog that had a litter of 4.We kept all of them.The first died at almost 13 years of age and the last at 15.I grieve with you,I understand.

Hooty,
We had to make the tough choice to put our 13 year old English Bulldog to sleep last July and it was pretty devastating. It'll get a little better slowly but they are part of the family.

Thank you all for the kind words. I've been down in the basement all day building her a casket of oak and it sure is weird coming back upstairs and not seeing her. Things will be different now.

R.i.p.

Hooty i'm sorry for your loss,i had to put my girl down roughly 2 year's ago she had some sort of bruise on her brain not sure how she got it.She kept on gettin seisures so had to put her down she was only 5yrs old,i miss her every day still.My prayer's are with you and your wife

Hey hooty,
One of the best things going is what Jeff posted, The RainBow Bridge. Everytime I see a rainbow I stop and think about all the furry members my family has had and then lost over the years and it makes me feel better.

Thank you all for the kind words. I've been down in the basement all day building her a casket of oak and it sure is weird coming back upstairs and not seeing her. Things will be different now.

Buddy just keep it in your mind that she was warm, well fed, and lived the life that all dogs dream of living.

I know it's hard to think about now, but when you have room in your heart to love again, go rescue a dog that needs that same kind of love that only a dog lover can give.
Thats what I did, a new dog will not replace Miss Pooh but you will grow and love a new one that needs you just like Miss Pooh did.

Its been 2 days now and I'm going down to the homeplace to bury you now. Lynda and I put you into the casket I built for you last night and wrapped you up in your blanket with your toys and some pictures of us from years gone by. I thought I heard you last night walking around downstairs. We did'nt have anyone but you and this is so hard to put you into the ground. Forgive me Miss Pooh, I could'nt stop your pain. Dear Lord, Please receive her spirit, She did'nt deserve this. In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.:sadwavey:

Hey hooty,
I'm glad you've buried Miss Pooh somewhere where you can go and visit her.
My wife and I have been through this many times. We put our lost furry family member in a casket with a favorite toy or two and write remembrances on the casket with a marking pen.
We have a pet cemetery spot in our yard that is fixed up real nice. We have a couple of lawn chairs there so we can sit and remember.

Thanks Mud, its been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We are going to order her a headstone and I'm gonna build her a cross out of wormy chesnut. I need to get myself back together soon.

hooty I'm thinking about you .
17 years is a long time and I'll be
facing the same with my little guy.
You did the best for her and she
was a happy little girl. You have
made a nice place for her to rest.
She will live in your heart forever.

Smoke

It is very hard when you lose a pet no matter what kind it is,but you give it a while and you get another one but keep your memories of your one that you lost in your head and try to have fun with the new pet.Pets are family to us and that is why it is so hard when you lose them.

It is very hard when you lose a pet no matter what kind it is,but you give it a while and you get another one but keep your memories of your one that you lost in your head and try to have fun with the new pet.Pets are family to us and that is why it is so hard when you lose them.[/QUOTE]

May the Good Lord Bless you Goose.:1036316054:

Be thankful you had that dog for that long Hooty, I accidently killed my best friend and never have gotten over it....

I think about him all the time
IM002008.jpg

just remember hooty she lived a good long life and a good friend once told me that time heals all wounds.......