Yellow | I will not move kiss my

Since this post is about "mikee's" decision not to move, I'd like to share my own. I know the "Yellow-Roadway" or "Roadway-Yellow" comparisons have been driven into the ground and I'm not trying to get them started, but I'm a Roadway guy. I'm a Roadway guy and I always will be. I hated Roadway and I hate YRC even more! But at the end of the day, it provided a pretty good paycheck and the benefits were good. Basically, I worked weekends and crappy hours for the good of my family. So now, for the good of my family, I'm saying NO TO MOVING! Our home is the only home my kids have ever known. At the end of the day, all any of us are to YRC are numbers. We're not individuals. We are human resources. So, on April 8th, I'll be without a job for the first time in my adult life. WOW! Thanks Roadway and YRC!

Since this post is about "mikee's" decision not to move, I'd like to share my own. I know the "Yellow-Roadway" or "Roadway-Yellow" comparisons have been driven into the ground and I'm not trying to get them started, but I'm a Roadway guy. I'm a Roadway guy and I always will be. I hated Roadway and I hate YRC even more! But at the end of the day, it provided a pretty good paycheck and the benefits were good. Basically, I worked weekends and crappy hours for the good of my family. So now, for the good of my family, I'm saying NO TO MOVING! Our home is the only home my kids have ever known. At the end of the day, all any of us are to YRC are numbers. We're not individuals. We are human resources. So, on April 8th, I'll be without a job for the first time in my adult life. WOW! Thanks Roadway and YRC!

You're making your decision for the best of reasons and I commend you for that. I'm truly sorry you're being put into that situation and I wish you the best of luck going forward! :1036316054:

One of the reasons you hate Roadway.I do understand is because Roadway management doesn't get too personal with anyone.that's the way they were taught.Roadway mgmt are taught not to be buddy buddy.
I came from the old yellow.management there.used to treat you with respect and as a person.not some old dog.that's just one aspect.there are many more.plus nobody likes the paycut or the non payment into our pension.that really puts a damper on things

Yep here we go who didn't see this coming !

One of the reasons you hate Roadway.I do understand is because Roadway management doesn't get too personal with anyone.that's the way they were taught.Roadway mgmt are taught not to be buddy buddy.
I came from the old yellow.management there.used to treat you with respect and as a person.not some old dog.that's just one aspect.there are many more.plus nobody likes the paycut or the non payment into our pension.that really puts a damper on things

Sounds like you're describing the 70's or 80's Roadway, not the Roadway of the last 20 yrs. I started with Roadway in 75 and worked there until the Yellow Plague, the Roadway you describe has not existed for decades.

we can send a message stand with me

Good luck, but i would start looking for another job and see what the job market looks like before you make a decision.Unless you have a demanding skill, you will be looking at maybe landing a 10 -12 dollar hour jobs.The stress of moving to keep a job is allot less stressful than being broke and out of work with no health insurance.

First you need a clearer picture of the companies needs for drivers.
From the ttnews article.

Welch and Logue, speaking in separate interviews with Transport Topics staff, also had cautious views about the 2012 U.S. economic picture, while saying driver supply largely wasn’t an issue for them...............................
Welch added that driving for the YRC Regional unit remains a desirable job because of pay and benefits.
More here> http://www.ttnews.com/articles/pete...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter
Or here if you don't want to sign up > https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7055DE18959EFF4D&id=7055DE18959EFF4D!122&sc=documents

hey mikee thats abig descion. and hard one to make.take a little time and think it through.and make the best descion for you and your family.i wish you luck.as far as yrc goes they dont give a damm one way or the other about you me or anyone of there union employees. hey albag up yours.

I ain't moving either , By God ! I ain't goin anywhere ! In fact there is a new trucking company across town and I , by God , aint a goin over there either !!!!! I ain't goin nowhere ! They can all kiss my deadbeat , lazy , Obamalovin butt !

i am out of 857 orCOL line haul i hope they can hire to keep you scared yrc baby in a job but like said i am not moving that is my right

hey mikee thats abig descion. and hard one to make.take a little time and think it through.and make the best descion for you and your family.i wish you luck.as far as yrc goes they dont give a damm one way or the other about you me or anyone of there union employees. hey albag up yours.
You have incredible insight in to the corporate culture of YRC Freight. May we rely on further wisdom?