Yellow | IBT Approves YRC Cameras in all Trucks

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/ibt_approves_yrc_cameras_in_all_trucks

986cin0.jpg

BT Freight Director Tyson Johnson, in a December 3 memo, states that the intent is “solely to reduce accidents” and “will likely serve to exonerate both the drivers and the company from many accidents.”
We hope so. That would be a win-win. But many Teamsters are concerned that technology that starts out as a win-win can end up as a win-lose, with another tool to fire drivers.

If we could count on a strong Freight Division and grievance procedure, we would cheer this on. Since we cannot count on that from the Hoffa administration, we urge drivers to be vigilant.

:452:

http://www.tdu.org/ibt_approves_yrc_cameras_in_all_trucks

986cin0.jpg

BT Freight Director Tyson Johnson, in a December 3 memo, states that the intent is “solely to reduce accidents” and “will likely serve to exonerate both the drivers and the company from many accidents.”
We hope so. That would be a win-win. But many Teamsters are concerned that technology that starts out as a win-win can end up as a win-lose, with another tool to fire drivers.

If we could count on a strong Freight Division and grievance procedure, we would cheer this on. Since we cannot count on that from the Hoffa administration, we urge drivers to be vigilant.

:452:

3Wbh76x.jpg

rumor has it that he can hear when you are on your phone while driving from these

You guys are lucky, take a look at what ABF has...

Section 3. Audio, Video and Computer Tracking Devices
The Employer may use video, still photos derived from video, electronic tracking devices
and/or audio evidence to discipline an employee without corroboration by observers if the
employee engages in conduct such as dishonesty, theft of time or property, vandalism, or
physical violence for which an employee could be discharged without a warning letter. If
the information on the video, still photos, electronic tracking devices and/or audio recording is to be utilized
for any purpose in support of a disciplinary or discharge action, the Employer must provide the Local Union, prior to the hearing, an opportunity to review the evidence used by the Employer.

That cup of coffee on the fly can cost us our job.

OMG . here we go again spending extra money on stupid stuff , when they can',t give us back our -15% ?? come on union leader's what's up with this ?? they must be flush with cash then ??? when is the union going step up to the plate and say hey give our driver's back some money ????:chairshot:

YRC needs to restore the wage cut before they decide to spend money on :horseshit: like this. Maybe they should buy some trailers so they can actually pick up some freight. I can't believe the IBT lets them get away with this. Time to work even slower.
Why do we put up w this crap?
Does anyone remember a long time ago when the teamsters represented it's members?
This is a crock of sheet!!
Give me my 15% back!!!

The union is a bigger problem than blood sucking company's Hoffa must go we should stop paying dues
I was gonna wait till we have to start paying for our own insurance before I stop paying my dues. But maybe if we all quit paying now it would send a loud and clear message that we're fed up with our union and not gonna take it anymore!
How do we strike against our own pos union??

I was gonna wait till we have to start paying for our own insurance before I stop paying my dues. But maybe if we all quit paying now it would send a loud and clear message that we're fed up with our union and not gonna take it anymore!
How do we strike against our own pos union??
Wildcat..

This is another sympton of a bigger problem.
Basicly it boils down to this,
Big Brother, (Government and Employer) now have the means to watch you where in the past they did not.
Walking down the street, In the lobby, Halls, And office's of any building, Going down the highway, And now in the cab of a truck.
Just because the tech is advanced enough to do a thing dose that now mean it should happen?
Call me a nut job if you want but it seems like more and more basic freedoms (Ok, Liberities if you will) fall by the wayside every day. Simple little things to start, like cameras plastered everyplace, Now in the cab of a truck! You know it's only a matter of time before they face inward with the sound on.
I use this quote a lot and I'll use it again,

What's next? Big brother's gonna tell you how to wipe your ass?