Yellow | IBT Approves YRC Cameras in all Trucks

I am not here to stir the pot. But we have had these for over two years here at conway.... now XPO. These cameras have SAVED guys their jobs too. Our drive cams hardly ever record. (They Don't record 24/7).... they record in 30 second loops. So what happened 31 or more seconds ago... if the camera isnt triggered will not be recorded. You have to hit the brakes hard or a very rough road (some railroads will set them off). I was really worried when we got them... but I really like them now.
Our cameras face in at the driver and out the front window too. And yes they do record voice/noise when triggered

3Wbh76x.jpg
If this is the truck you were drivingThey probably turned on the voice recorder.Resident Dissident.Gotta hear what youre cooking up.lol.it may say YRC on the door.Might as well be UNCO Freight.UnionCompany

If this is the truck you were drivingThey probably turned on the voice recorder.Resident Dissident.Gotta hear what youre cooking up.lol.it may say YRC on the door.Might as well be UNCO Freight.UnionCompany
They may hear you conducting accounting business while you are driving too....

I hate to break it to you guys, but this tech is everywhere. Every driver loathes these cameras but carriers are adopting them in greater and greater numbers because the insurance companies are threatening to raise their rates if they don't.

YRC is spending money in the short term to save it in the long term. If you guys ever want your 15% back, you'd better get used to this kind of crap. Because it's everywhere, and the union can't stop it. Give it a few years and cameras will be standard equipment from the factory.

Yell and scream all you like. The union has already proven that they won't back you up, and trashing the local or throwing a wildcat strike will just make the lot of you look unprofessional. Like you have something to hide. That's how the company will spin it, the union will agree, and it could cost you your job.

Don't be irrational. Nobody likes this, but a lot of people hate e-logs too and they're going to be mandatory soon. So will these cameras, and if you're worried about getting fired despite knowing how the cameras work, then you need to back off that pedal and leave some room.
Its not so much about the cameras as it is about the money. They are always flush with cash when it comes to buying toys they want, or executive bonuses, but when it comes to the teamsters they're always broke.

Last edited:
Its not so much about the cameras as it is about the money. They are always flush with cash when it comes to buying toys they want, or executive bonuses, but when it comes to the teamsters they're always broke.
I doubt very much they've purchased these cameras. They probably lease them so they can return them when they don't need them. And the bonuses are paid in stock, not cash.

I doubt very much they've purchased these cameras. They probably lease them so they can return them when they don't need them. And the bonuses are paid in stock, not cash.
Some here simply do not understand the whole concept of stock awards. The bonuses given in shares of stock, in and of themselves are worthless. The value is when they are sold to investors. YRCW neither gains or loses ANYTHING in that transaction. (head and lightbulb) :duh:

OK, back on point here........anybody from Nashville or Chicago got any feedback on the cameras being installed this week ? I think there were other locations getting them this week as well ???

Some here simply do not understand the whole concept of stock awards. The bonuses given in shares of stock, in and of themselves are worthless. The value is when they are sold to investors. YRCW neither gains or loses ANYTHING in that transaction. (head and lightbulb) :duh:
Stop it !!!! Quit making sense !!!!!

Gosh. Why is everyone so worried about these cameras? I would guess most on here post pictures and personal info on Facebook for the whole internet world to view anyway.. So why worry if maybe this camera gets you out of a jam sometime? Like proves someone cut you off in traffic...

Gosh. Why is everyone so worried about these cameras? I would guess most on here post pictures and personal info on Facebook for the whole internet world to view anyway.. So why worry if maybe this camera gets you out of a jam sometime? Like proves someone cut you off in traffic...

Ive seen the way YRC people drive, yes they should worry.

OK, back on point here........anybody from Nashville or Chicago got any feedback on the cameras being installed this week ? I think there were other locations getting them this week as well ???
I have a friend who is a mechanic in Chicago Heights. YRCF is using a vendor to install them. Newest tractors first. He said that "lots" have been installed. Only the forward facing camera is functional. :1036316054:

I have a friend who is a mechanic in Chicago Heights. YRCF is using a vendor to install them. Newest tractors first. He said that "lots" have been installed. Only the forward facing camera is functional. :1036316054:

Yes, why use thier own mechanics to install the cameras? Why not pay an outside vendor to do the job. The YRC piggy bank. $$$$$$$ Foward facing cameras for now, lets see how long that lasts. :1036316054::heykoolaid:

Yes, why use thier own mechanics to install the cameras? Why not pay an outside vendor to do the job. The YRC piggy bank. $$$$$$$ Foward facing cameras for now, lets see how long that lasts. :1036316054::heykoolaid:
I'm certain you'll agree, our mechanics have their hands full just keeping our trucks, trailers and jeeps in working condition!

Last edited:
Being installed at 7 locations Cleveland is also one of them not sure on the rest