Yellow | IBT Approves YRC Cameras in all Trucks

I have not seen or hear anything at Indy about the cameras from our safety trainers. KC road safety guy which is a driver and also on the video that will becoming to your terminal. He told me all the correction or videos that are being recorded. Was for the trainer's to go over with the driver.

I have not seen or hear anything at Indy about the cameras from our safety trainers. KC road safety guy which is a driver and also on the video that will becoming to your terminal. He told me all the correction or videos that are being recorded. Was for the trainer's to go over with the driver.
They played that video on the old square box TV not the new 48inch flat screen they bought for most drivers dispatch rooms.No safety man or person during the video.They said it's a win win for us and the company.Actual accidents have went down.Im like maybe because alot of people have retired or quit.Thats why the accidents have went down.Plus some of the freight is being diverted to PTS

They played that video on the old square box TV not the new 48inch flat screen they bought for most drivers dispatch rooms.No safety man or person during the video.They said it's a win win for us and the company.Actual accidents have went down.Im like maybe because alot of people have retired or quit.Thats why the accidents have went down.Plus some of the freight is being diverted to PTS
Ya we have a flat screen in Indy for sometime now and it has never been on. They don't want us to no anything at 324.

So you're saying that your fellow Teamsters are bad drivers?

CRST wants Wong and I to go full time with them. Haul yrc freight west, and XPO back east....

http://www.tdu.org/ibt_approves_yrc_cameras_in_all_trucks

986cin0.jpg

BT Freight Director Tyson Johnson, in a December 3 memo, states that the intent is “solely to reduce accidents” and “will likely serve to exonerate both the drivers and the company from many accidents.”
We hope so. That would be a win-win. But many Teamsters are concerned that technology that starts out as a win-win can end up as a win-lose, with another tool to fire drivers.

If we could count on a strong Freight Division and grievance procedure, we would cheer this on. Since we cannot count on that from the Hoffa administration, we urge drivers to be vigilant.

:452:

Wouldn't they be surprised if they had no videos to post because the drivers aren't as bad as they think?

And you know how they drive, good or bad, how ? Are you a YRC sleeper driver? I belive they would be the only ones with first hand knowledge on that subject. Most of the opinions on this site come from people who don't actively working for YRC but have all the answers. IMO

He told me all the correction or videos that are being recorded. Was for the trainer's to go over with the driver.

What you describe is discipline.

dis·ci·pline
ˈdisəplən/
noun
noun: discipline

the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.

so if they are looking forward only, lol this is to protect the driver ok if your not at fault

but if you are at fault then the company can prove you at fault and in the contract if i remember right if its gross negligence the company will sue you to get back there losses in court does some one now for sure ? , i remember hearing story about a driver pulling triples was over his 70 hours and was at fault killed people and that driver died but the company took his house and everything from his wife?

i know some companies the camera records outside and inside the truck..........